you know it's true

He was top 5 before this game.

Top 3

He's GOAT

He's been top 5 for a while now

Jordan, Kareem, Magic/Lebron, Magic/Lebron, Wilt/Russel

>The grandfather of luckchuck
>Better than Magic

>the outcome of a single close game against a superior team can cause massive swings in his all-time ranking

this is why people shouldn't engage in these discussions seriously. that's preposterous

no kareem?
pff

this guy kinda knows it

You mean the outcome of this entire series

>rating Russel

when do you turn 14?

1. Kareem
2. Jordan
3. LeBron
4. Magic
5. Wilt
6. Russell
7. Duncan
8. Hakeem
9. Bird
10. Shaq

Sports fans in general are some of the most overwhelmingly stupid people on the planet. They've always favored retarded platitudes over any semblance of logic. Notice how most of this board is Sup Forumsreligious obese neckbeards with nearly subhuman level IQs.

>better scorer, rebounder, and defender
>equal team leader
>not better

Only thing Magic was better than Bird at was passing.

dragging the cavs to a title makes him top 1

anyone who disagrees literally doesn't know shit about basketball

no, i mean the game. series happened to hinge on the single game. but his exploits in the first 6 games would be disregarded by many had curry hit a couple big 3s at the end there, for example.

>Duncan better than Hakeem, Shaq, or Bird

Otherwise decent list

1. Russell
2. Jordan
3. Wilt
4. Magic & bird
5. Lebron

>he fell for the russell meme

dubs dont lie

>GOAT PF not better than Hakeem and Bird
Shaw is debatable

>Russell
>Fucking Bill Russell
>Better than Jordan
>Ever

>Only Laker fags put Kareem in front of Jordan

Everyone else knows Jordan was better then Jabbar....everyone.

I don't agree but you got trips so you win.

MY NIGGA.

Russell FTW

Now tied with Jordan for GOAT.

There is no disputing this.

>people ITT rating 50 year old old big men

Stop.

LeBron is better than Jordan. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just living in the past.

>implying 13 year olds would even know who Bill Russel is other than that nice old guy that hands out the Finals MVP trophy

>Kareem is good meme

Literally played in the weakest era of the NBA for his entire prime, and still needed to get carried by the two greatest PGs of all time to win rings. And won most of them when he was on literally one of only two teams that mattered.

he is better than jordan

>unironically lose more than you win in the finals in a weak era
>top 5

yeah no

No. Lebron is clearly NOT top 5. By the end of his career theres a good chance he gets into the top 10 and MAYBE top 5 but hes not there yet

Top 3. That series was some legacy defining shit.

>played in weakest era of NBA
>gets carried

Lebron?

1 LeBron
2 wilt
3 Shaq
4 Bird/magic
6 jordan

>14 year old just gettng into basketball
>google who has most rings
>oh that guy must be the best

this is you

>Magic or Bird better than LeGod

LeGod is top 3 or top 2

the only players you can ever argue are even close to his skill set are Kareem and Jordan

1. Charles Barkley
2. Shaq
3. Michael Jordan/LeBron
4. Steph Curry (he would be able to drain 3s against anyone below him on this list and you know this. Defense doesn't matter when he can outscore you.)
5. Wilt

>this flag
>this topic
>this projecting

Coming from literally the 12-year-olds-of-Sup Forums flag

>details perfectly what he did

Lol

Kareem was better than Jordan in High School and college. Basketball HOF considers your whole career, so GOAT status should as well. Kareem would have started in the NBA as a 15 year old if the league let him.

PF doesn't have many great players

>PF meme

Duncan is a C

The fact is he still choked in the 4th. Kyrie bailed his ass out.

that samefag though holy

I still believe that last year's performance was better than this year's. Bogut being out was pivotal.

Magic was literally the original meme player

no defense tall pg that got all the attention when Bird was better than him at everything.

kareem and his era were a joke. he started off his career winning a title because he was carried by oscar robertson. then he couldn't even make the playoffs some years, much less get to the finals in an era where fuckin Jack Sikma and Rick Barry were leading teams to championships.then he doesn't win until he ends up on a team with the greatest PG of all time.

OBJECTIVELY CORRECT NBA TOP 10

1. Jordan
2. Alcindor
3. LeBron
4. O'Neal
5. Bird
6. Magic
7. Duncan
8. Hakeem
9. Wilt
10. Dirk

>(you)

He was going to be top 5 when his career was over even if he lost.

>played as many seasons as Jordan
>Only half his titles
>tied

Wew, lad.

>weak era
Shit meme. This is arguably the most stacked era in the history of the game.
Every single team in the NBA right now has a player that would have been top 5 in the league any year before 2000

We always overrated people in their moment of glory. When Dirk finally won his title the talk was that he was the best or second best PF of all time. I mean fuck, there were literally "is Curry better than Jordan" conversations this year. Recency bias doesn't get sorted out until years after a player's career.

If Lebron doesn't win anymore he'll definitely be in the top 10 but I doubt in the top 5. 3-4 is still too hard to overlook for someone that played in the worst conference in NBA history for his entire career.

>Dirk
>DIRK

Russell sure dominated those 8 teams in the league!!
LeBron is a more athletic, stronger, faster, Magic Johnson. Don't even get me started on their comparisons on defense. Stats don't do it justice when you see the slow paced one handed dribbling of the 80s.

>Every single team in the NBA right now has a player that would have been top 5 in the league any year before 2000

>this delusion

There are like 10 players in the league that wouldn't come off the bench in the 80's or 90's.
No skill, no defense, no fundamentals. Just MUH ATHLETICISM. Most players today wouldn't even be able to play if you called travel or 3 seconds, which the NBA ignores now.

Also over a third of the entire league tanks every year now. In the past it was news when ONE team tanked, i.e. the Spurs before they got Tim Duncan. And their "tanking" was throwing in the towel as a sub-par team after their star player got injured. Now teams are intentionally bad for 4, 5+ years.

He's always been a top 5 for me.

Rings/Trophies/MVPs/Finals MVPs =/= greatness.

There have been multiple GREAT players to have never won a title or only won one. Does that mean that they're not great? No. Fuck off retards.

If Dirk had Pop as a coach and the same roster Duncan had, he would be a 7-8 time NBA champion.

No they wouldn't because timmy is the backbone of the spurs D while dirk is average at best in that area

I can tell you've never played this sport ever. The league is coming out with faster, longer, more skilled players every year. Training and nutrition has also changed and these players now would dominate. Reggie Jackson would be top 5 in the 80s. Enjoy your fundamentals while you're getting beaten on every play offense and blocked on D.

In Jordan's era the NBA was diluted by expansion, growing by 4 teams in the early-mid 90s. That's a lot of CBL players suddenly guarding Jordan.

There hasn't been an expansion team in the NBA in over 25 years, the league is much deeper

>BUT THINGS WERE BETTER WHEN I FIRST LEARNED ABOUT IT

It's called nostalgia goggles, it happens to really stupid old people

>facebook aunts and uncles invading Sup Forums

1. Jordan
2. Kareem
3. LeBron (plays for 7 years prob passes kareem and possibly jordan, kareem has way more volume stats than lelbron)
4. Magic
5. Wilt
6. Bird
7. Shaq
8. Robertson
9. Hakeem
10. Russell

>mfw no robertson recognition in here

wilt? big O?

>tie for 3rd
>curry is in 4th when there is no 4th place

you can't even do rankings properly let alone judging players fucking retard

Nah
1. Jordan
2. Wilt
3. Magic
4. Bird
5. Kareem

But those are big names to beat. Top 10 though. I can't name 5 better

He's the goat player

1. Kareem
2. Jordan
3. Magic
4. Russell
5. Kobe
6. Wilt
7. Hakeem
8. Shaq
9. Duncan
10. Bird

What does Magic even beat Lebron in besides assists?

He's been top 3 since last year.

I'm a lakers fan and even I think this list is a joke. Objectively speaking prime Shaq is definitely better than Kobe. Kobe belongs in top 15 easily and maybe high top 10 but Shaq can easily make a claim in top 5 and for sure top 10

robertson is literally russell westbrook. fuck outta here, people only rate him because of that trip dub season

Nothing beats Kobe's prime

>couldn't beat a healthy/unsuspended memiors team
>anywhere near top 5
kek

Kobe wasn't even the best player in the league in his prime

>retards saying bird>lebron
lol this final sealed the discussion you faggots. It's now forever lebron>bird

He's top 4 all time easy, top 3 arguably.

>kameme above jordan
>bill fucking russell in the top 10
>tim duncan in the top 10
>hakeem not in top 5, below russell and duncan (lol)
>magic in top 5
>bird below magic
>shaq not in top 5

ayyy lmao, 1/10 list m8

And you think Westbrook is a bad player? kek I don't see how you can compare Westbrook to Robertson when he played without 3 pointers lol.

Shaq's prime was better than Kobe's prime.

>i rate russell

Right now I have my top 5 as

1. Jordan
2. Kareem
3. Russell
4 (tied). Wilt
4 (tied). Lebron

By the time he retires, Lebron will rank anywhere from undisputed 1st to 3rd at absolute worst

How isRussell better than Wilt or Lebron?

fucking retard

Bird > LBJ

you're a frogposter

t. retard

i agree, though he started running out of steam eventually.

No one here say Wilt and Kareem play.

How many people here actually saw Jordan? You would have to be around 30 to have witnessed his entire career and most of this board is surely younger than that.

>le dunk over small white boys man

This
Wilt was the better player, and LeBron beats bird in everything but free throw percentage and being "underrated" for being white

Westbrook is a great player, top 5 in the league right now. but hes not one of the greatest of all time

Russel shit on Wilt regularly.

Kobe is objectively and statistically better than Lebron. Lebron is the most overrated player of all time. He isn't even the best player on his own team.

>per game
Assists: Lebron>Bird
Steals: Lebron=Bird
Blocks: Lebrons=Bird
Rebounds: Bird>Lebron
FG%: Lebron>Bird
eFG%: Lebron>Bird
FT%: Bird>Lebron
>Every single advanced statistic
Lebron>Bird
>Personal awards
Lebron>Bird
>Rings
Lebron=Bird

How the fuck is Bird better than Lebron?

>mfw lebron loses 2 of the next 3 and people go back to bitching about the same stuff

we might be witnessing a pivotal moment in the GOAT nba rivalry between cavs and warriors

Well he pretty consistently BTFO Wilt

>rings in a small as fuck 8 teams with no real players and only earned through team achievements.

How come he never averaged a triple double if he was so good styling on shitters before nba became popular?

Lebron crushes Kobe statistically and in accolades. Literally the only argument for Kobe is rings and vague shit like "muh killer instinct"