Dryers are illegal in europe

>dryers are illegal in europe

Jesus christ, don't tell me you dry your clothes on the line like it's the 1800's

Other urls found in this thread:

livescience.com/52458-wildlife-populations-chernobyl-disaster.html
youtube.com/watch?v=O7D34TRxVTM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

dryers are too reminiscent of ovens and thus they had to be banned too

>Wasting electricity on drying your clothes when you can just hang them outside

I guess in winter you're kinda fucked though

>not having designated drying room
>not having both

>designated drying room

Like...a sauna?

but they're not

No. With dryer, fans and clotheslines.

as an american that's lived in europe the past 5 years, i've gotten used to this

i hang my wet clothes in my closet and they dry in a few days

things i miss about a dryer is that amazing warm feeling when they just come out, the softness of clothes, and having dry clothes in under an hour. also the dryer takes out the wrinkles so you dont have to iron everything

what the fuck

we use both methods 2bh, some things can't be put in a dryer and it doesn't cost anything to string up a rope in your backyard

i unironically never even seen a dryer

What are you talking about?

We have dryers but it is simple to hang the clothes on a line and get them in later in the day.

>i hang my wet clothes in my closet and they dry in a few days

Washing machines typically have drying mode. It's not 100% effective it just spin clothes without water for some time but clothes are not really wet.

You normally hang them in a bathroom or on balcony(and balconies are usually warm with windows).

much better to air dry your clothes

Uhhhh I have a dryer

Also Europe isn't a country, stop talking like it is

the only pro for having a dryer is that you can take clothes from it and they are warm and cozy for like 5 minutes, other than that it's a waste of energy.

Most Europeans don't even have AC. When it's getting to warm in the summer they can't sleep

what do you do when there's no sun?

as in.. 5 months of each year

In Japanese cities most people hang their clothes out to dry on balconies. This has led to scores of crows stealing the hangers and using them as nest-building material, to the extend that the government has organised teams who's specific role it is to locate and destroy these nests, as they are frequently locate on/inside electricity pylons where the metal from the hangers sometimes shorts out the power for entire blocks.

Things dry even in winter, it just takes longer... like days instead of hours.

We have central heating it's warm inside so things dry.
It's much worse in places like Caucases where there are a lot of sun but humidity is so high things stay wet outside.

I have one but never use it because it keeps fucking up my clothes

i see

true true, humidity sucks

>europoors worry about wasting energy

>electric kettles are illegal in america

You can just microwave water if you need.
And most people just drink soda.

>be american
>hang colored & black laundry

>microwave water
holy crap, why

Lel

This is true.

To make coffee? You warm a cup of water for about a minute and thirty seconds and then you pour a bit of instant coffee in it and you have some coffee.

I just press button and have my cup of coffee.

What's wrong with microwaving water? It's not like it makes the water taste different in anyway compared to heating it by some other method.

absolutely disgusting
how can't you just have one of these? my country is a shithole and i still have this chinese brand one

because tea is for faggots and cucks

>delonghi

Bourgeois scum.

I like coffee.

I just use this.

I use a dryer but do feel guilty about it

Fucking hate this clothesline shit.

Just got back from half a year in India. Fucking nobody there has dryers. Half the hotels, hostels, or apartments you stay at don't even have washing machines - labor is so cheap that a lot of affluent people send their laundry with their maids or to professional cleaners.

If you wash your own clothes, you have to wait at least a day for them to dry. It's ridiculous. Even rich people are too cheap to get dryers.

Yeah I never understood that. Just use a fucking kettle

Are you really this fucking poor? Do you not have a coffee maker?

I never liked line dried clothes. They always felt stiff to me. A nice tumble dry makes things soft and fluffy, and you can toss in scented drier sheets so they come out smelling amazing. Plus if you get them out quickly while they are still hot you can flatten them out so you don't have to iron them.

Me too, but I don't buy a coffee machine for 100k rubels.

Also, this. Hate that stiff shit. Last time I did a load of laundry was in the middle of the Thar Desert. All my clothes came off the line feeling like they'd been salted, stretched, and coated in some sort of enamel.

Kettle takes 5 minutes while microwaving takes less than a minute.

Not him, but coffee makers are for peasants. If you actually give a shit about coffee you should at least have a french press. If all you want is the caffeine and you buy cheap shit like folgers and dont care if it tastes like old cigarette butts, then why bother taking up the counter space when you could just go to the store and buy some of those 5 hour energy shots?

>in a few days

> 100k rubles
It's not.

a kettle does not take 5 minutes for one cup-full of water.

I like espresso much more than french press. Coffee from french press is too weak.
And it's much move convenient - my coffee machine grinds beans itself and make espresso. I can fill it with good beans.

>Jesus christ, don't tell me you dry your clothes on the line like it's the 1800's
I do 99% of the time. They feel much nicer, have no smell, don't really shrink and it uses no electricity. You should absolutely dry them on the line wherever possible.

>being proud of destroying the planet and wasting money
I truly hope you're baiting, which I think you are.

Yeah well, I've never heard anyone in america call an expresso machine a "coffee maker".

A coffee maker in america is a cheap piece of shit that boils the water then slowly drips it through the typically cheap garbage coffee and filter into a pot that is heated with a hot plate until someone drinks it. You can buy "fancy" ones that work on a timer so the coffee is finished and nice and gross from sitting there waiting for you to wake up.

>destroying the planet
I hope you don't really believe this meme

>destroying the planet and wasting money

Pretty sure that's the foundation of capitalism.

there's something more that no one mentioned: mold
sun rays are nature's disinfectants. you HAVE to air dry your stuff, especially underwear
this nigga here is trolling or a true wreck of a human being

I don't see the point in not believing it. If it's not true, then good. If it is true, we're fucked.

kek well yeah I wouldn't say it's the foundation, but a logical progression and where we've (read: america) taken it.

Still very eggsbensive. My old Bosch capsule coffee machine costs 3 times less.

But capsules costs fuck-ton and taste like shit. I would prefer primitive cheap espresso one when you have to grind beans and refill it manually.

of course we are fucked

but the planet isn't

No, because capitalism means increased property rights. If property is damaged through pollution, the individual creating it is charged, which deincentivises production of pollutants. Common land is protected theough carbon tax

not the whole thing, just lots of existing species and probably a bunch of landmass

it's not a positive mark on humanity's record though

>a bunch of landmass
lel no
livescience.com/52458-wildlife-populations-chernobyl-disaster.html

humans are not nearly that powerful

really? I remember confusing Euros when I told them I don't even have a dryer

I mean a bunch of landmass through rising sea levels

> have dryer
> drink from coffee machine
> eat kinder surprise eggs
living the life boys

kinder surprise turned into shit. they used to have cool toys with a lot of small details and in recent years it's just some figures.

Most kettles say you need to use at least 2 cups so you end up wasting time and water

>American tries to banter
>gets thread turned around on him in less than 40 posts
Why are Americucks so bad at banter?

The coffee machine must be pretty unwieldy and annoying to drink from

>It's not like it makes the water taste different
It does, I don't know why but it does.

t. brit holidaying in america

>americans dont know that drying machines shrinks clothes and are generally bad

People only use drying machines for emergencies, but typically people just put up the clothes in their drying line outside like any sensible person would

They are not illegal but theee is an anti dryer religion. Some of these people use electric dehumidifiers. But electric dryers are satanic to them.

Do 1st worlders know what is this?

Or that?

yes but I had no idea that they were still made, and made out of plastic

I seriously thought they died out like 100 years ago.

Same with this.

Do people seriously still use them in russia?

Stop posting

so how do they explain no AC in spain?

It's been years since any of my clothes have been shrunk in the dryer. Much worth the convenience tbhfriendo

youtube.com/watch?v=O7D34TRxVTM

>implying hanging clothes outside in britain wont end up in wet clothes

Why? Is it for environment bullshit reasons like detached housing, private transportation, guns, reproducing and everything else banned in yurup?

> and made out of plastic
It's part of primitive Soviet washing machine from 70's. When I were a kid you could still see them in some old people flat.
> Do people seriously still use them in russia
When I were a kid people washed some things like socks or underwear. So you don't have to turn washing machine on and deficit expensive washing powder.
And in villages they are probably still used.

>most people just drink soda
this. soda or coffee. wtf would i need to boil water??

that's pretty crazy

russia really isn't first world is it

I have no space for it in commieblock apartment. But at least I have dishwashing machine and AC.
I've never seen dryer in my life desu.

I use a cheap plastic one for pre-washing my underwear. Machine washing alone just doesn't get them as clean.

This is for wringing the water out, right?

When I moved to rented flat I had no washing machine and fridge at first. I just put clothes with washing powder into bath and after some hours rinse it.
And stored food outside of window in a bag instead of fridge.

kek, you must be doing something wrong then.
either your dryers are obsolete technology or your clothes are shit.

>pre-washing my underwear
christ mate how much do you shart that you need to do this?

that's crazy

mysterious russian life

> This is for wringing the water out, right?
Yes.
Also in commie times people used to boil things like sheets in buckets on a stove.

We bought both fridge and washing machine after some months. Just had no spare money and then parents helped.
In most rented flats there is already a washing machine and fridge and some furniture but that was empty.

>christ mate how much do you shart that you need to do this?
I bleed on my panties every month. Gotta get the blood out somehow.

>Do people seriously still use them in russia?

Only in the parts of Russia with no electricity.

>In most rented flats there is already a washing machine and fridge and some furniture
that's interesting, different from here

>I bleed on my panties every month. Gotta get the blood out somehow.
yuck, you should get that checked out

Are there many parts without electricity?