Team A has the best record for the season

>Team A has the best record for the season
>Team B wins the trophy

Explain this shit Amerifats.

They played each other and team B won more

Team B could not defeat Team A in a head-to-head match-up. In sports, this is what is referred to as 'choking.'

Without a final test a season is worthless.

Learn 2 playoffs, faggot. You'll learn soon enough with England loses in the Euros.

Team A played Team B seven times in a row to prove they were indeed the best and could not.

Success in American sports is defined by the team's ability to be successful in a playoff format. Not just a number

Ahktualy the season record is 5-4 in favor of the Warriors. Please give a better explanation

>muh record
I didn't know Bongs were more obsessed with stats than Americans.

Like a knockout round formed by the top seasonal teams, except multiple games are played for a more fair judgement of abilities.

Yeah. I miss the BCS too.

This. Canada's got it right for once. Only in North America do we have a true championship decided by final contests.

And there is only one championship a team can win in a given sport, because unless you're the -only- champion you're not a champion at all.

>tfw the European and American formats are both legitimate ways of determining a champion

Am I the only one on Sup Forums who feels this way?

>Britbong
>Doesn't understand concept of playoff because England always choke
That's to be expected, not even bait
Here's you're (You)

How can team A be the best if they lost to team B

>britbong
>english

Mate, you're embarrassing yourself.

its all about the playoffs...you have a good season in order to have a favorable draw in the playoffs and other advantages like home court for the last two games of the finals

Fuck off England

>team A and team B are the best 2 teams in the league
>team A and team B do not play at all at the end of the season

I'm not from England. Kek.

>team a-j play 27 matches
>team f place 6th/10
>team f can now unironically win the league after winning 3 matches in a row after that ludicrous display
>team f's fans celebrate being the least shitty

In American sports the regular season is basically a really long qualifier for the real season, the playoffs.

The regular season literally means nothing more than TV ratings.

>Team A has such a rich history of Povertyball and has a skillful team, each of the members being as fit as can be
>Team B is a literal meme team of people who come from a country who don't give a fuck about the sport
>Team B either wins or the game ends 0-0

Explain this shit Muhammads.

No England. Seriously fuck off.

you cucks over in england do the same shit?

>lowest team on the table
>somehow wins the FA CUP

lel

>FAG CUP

I fixed that for you

I'd love to hate fuck that girl
That condescending look. HNNNNNG

people can win euroleague in basketball, what you're saying is dumb as fuck

>comparing regional Leagues to NBA or NFL

>not comparing the Champions League with them

National Leagues are fun and all but in the End CL is the place to be as the Topteams of all Europe can win them

Barcelona never can win a EPL or Buyern a La Liga

What's going on in this picture?

She's a volunteer handing out no smoking orders to people at the Euros.

people bitch every year but 11 seasons and the grand final hasn't be contested by anyone outside of the top 3 and the winner always from the top 2

THIS.

And that's the beauty if the sport, the underdogs can pull a glorious upset and forver change history

Not nearly edgy enough my good lad.

>GSW win a best of 1
>GSW win a best of 3
>GSW win a best of 5
>GSW lose a best of 7
>GSW would probably win a best of 9

Amerifats WILL defend this

How do I make this qt my gf lads?

>Team A and B lightly jog around a huge field for two hours
>The game ends in a tie

Explain this shit Europoors

doesn't justify including the teams in the first place because it hasn't happened yet. they don't deserve even a chance at the title

What is the point of the season though?

>winning a "championship" at home in your friends basement after failing to win a bunch of games

soccer leagues are so fucking gay

>Canada calling anything gay

Canada's gayer than a prison shower.

The NBA regular season literally doesn't matter.

I'd let her smoke my pole desu

The regular season is like the Premier League and the playoffs are like the Champions League. Why is this so hard for Europeans to understand?

To make the playoffs? To perfect your team, to get a nice schedule.
Same reason there is group stage/round robin etc in world cups or whatever

That may be true, but the only difference between a prison shower and a soccer changing room, is in prison you have to drop the soap before they fuck you.

Thanks.

show her youre the real Alpha Straya

go to France now and smoke a cig in Stadium

at first she will be shocked and devastated after she hands out orders for literally days and you dare to ignore it but after you just ignore her after she stands before you screaming and crying her instinct kicks in and she realize you need to be the father of her offspring...

you order 2 tickets back to your prisonerisland and live happy with your new waifu and shitposting on every Imageboard in existence

thank me later and good riddance Aussiebro

It's a pretty terrible way to decide a championship desu

>b-but clevaland beat gsw more times!

except that's wrong, because if you include the regular season then gsw is the better team

>lose to the opposing team
>you don't get a trophy

pretty easy to follow, i think

So the play-offs contain teams that didn't take part in the regular season then?

So in the NBA playoffs, you play completely different teams than regular season? Or don't you know what the CL is?

And you believe 7 games is a better way to choose your champion than 82 games? You know it is about TV contracts, not fairness, right?

Why don't you copy other sports and have a league champion based on league games and a separate cup (knockout/playoff) champion?

this is a dude isn't it

i'm with you but it's not about American/European format,it's about what's best for each sport.

Good thing our playoffs have always been best of seven then

The cavs won 4 games, the Warriors won 3. That's the end of it

Because we're trying to determine which single team is the best, not hold a "You participated! Yay you!" bitchfest.

Why not a 100 times in a row?

This guy gets it

Playoffs are okay in egghand because you can't play 64 games a season with the number of injuries teams get per game. Icefight, Apehoop and Boreball only have playoffs because American sports fans have ADHD

Nah, it is that Americans are dumb enough to allow this shit while networks get rich from Budweiser, Geico and Ford commercials.

Wanna go best of 7 Wars?

Y'all ready down 2.

It's not just 7 games. The teams have to play several seven game series to even get to that point. 7 games is more full proof than the two games they play in champions league

It's like European domestic leagues and Champions league. You win your division/league to have the right to play in the tournament that actually matters.

Networks get rich regardless

What's the World Cup? What's the Champions League?

I think he means multiple champions in a league.

EPL has like three trophies a season or somethung

You already know, after 82 games, who is the best. The playoffs are for making money for the league and networks. You understand that, right?

Do you honestly believe the 18-1 Patriots were not the best team in the league? Of course they were. If you say the Giants were better, kill yourself.

The regular season is like qualifying and the playoffs are the finals

Like how England were perfect in qualifying for the euros but are going to be knocked out in the group stage

Giants literally lost by a point in the regular season

Literally already through.

If GSW was the best team in the league why didn't they win this series after being 3-1 up?

If the Patriots were better, how come the Giants won?

Do you not understand the difference?
Seriously?
You just say words without comprehension?
Do you think Arsenal plays in the World Cup?
Do you think the Champions League is the same as the Bundesliga?
Do you know the difference between a national and club competition?

Because in a single game, a team can perform poorly. (See Denver in the owl in '13 and Seattle in the owl in '14) Also sometimes miracles happen

>Do you think Arsenal plays in the World Cup?
I'm guessing no.
>Do you think the Champions League is the same as the Bundesliga?
I don't know what either of those are.
>Do you know the difference between a national and club competition?
No.

Underrated as fuck, god damn

>AND dubs

I don't care what they say about you leaf, I'll always love you.

A team dominated the league for months, but has an day, or off quarter, or off play, or off 4:39, and you believe the months were meaningless. Everyone else is trying to explain to you that the long season means luck evens out and the best record is the best team.

Knock out competitions are about luck, which is why shit teams win cups sometimes.

>have 32 teams
>What are divisions

>He doesn't know the group stages are 90% about making money by having teams play eachother twice

yea that's why I don't raelly like FA cup or any national cup, if you want to decide who is the best only season format should matter

You can't really participate in the discussion then can you

It's more fun when games are decided in an elimination style final showdown. Underdogs have a better chance of surviving and like you said, miracles happen.

It's all entertainment value breh

>thinking a league gives out 3 trophies
Maybe in Egypt, not here though

The cup is fun and traditional in this country, but everyone understands it's function is not to decide the best team.

>statpadding and pummeling really bad teams should be rewarded

>Because in a single game, a team can perform poorly.

They can perform poorly three games in a row, too.

>Being this dumb on the internet.

Each team knew it was a best of seven. Tactics change depending on how desperate/close to elimination each team is.

For example, Lebron played a combined 15 more minutes in the last two games than the first two. If it was a best of 3 he wouldn't be saving anything.

Maybe the EPL is better at finding out who the better team is but it's not exciting with no climax.

Plus it's a 7 game series so no excuses for the better team losing.

why bother going through a season if you just disregard it as soon as is done?

DELETE THIS

>majority of the season doesn't mean shit
>people think this is a good thing

>Maybe the EPL is better at finding out who the better team is but it's not exciting with no climax.
>what is AGUEROOOOOOOOOOOO

>football league play-offs

We aren't declaring Hull the best team in the league though

sure, but that's for promotion purpose, not who is the best ( or even 2nd best) in the league

>play 80 games during regular season
>they're all meaningless

Not every team is in the playoffs mang.

The best teams play in the playoffs, the shit teams sit at home.

The regular season serves important purposes.

1. Determine playoff positions.
2. An extended time for fans to watch or attend games (building the brand, making money).
3. Separate the GOATS from the flashes in the pan when it comes to stats.

Think of your greatest sports memories of all time. All of them are from championships or elimination matches.

So you've determined which teams are better than others right? Why bother with the play-offs at all?