Copa América: USA - ARG

Earliest Pregame Thread
>Thoughts
>Predictions
>Anything

2-3 Argentina wins

Other urls found in this thread:

starsandstripesfc.com/2016/6/19/11974692/copa-america-2016-jones-wood-have-card-appeals-denied-suspended-vs
youtube.com/watch?v=rPOn9W8X26E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Curious what will happen with the US Soccer Federation's appeal for Bobby Wood and Jermaine Jones' suspensions
cuz that could very seriously affect the number of goals Argentina wins by

We will probably lose but by one goal to make Mexico look bad

Mexico already does look bad, user

As long as we don't lose as bad as Mexico it's a win in my book.

>US Soccer Federation's appeal

FIFA won't revert those suspensions, even if it was bullshit.

>Thoughts
More nervous for this game than I was for USA vs Germany WC 2014. I really want the US to advance so fucking bad, but my hopes aren't high.
>Predictions
3-1 Argentina wins.
>Anything
If we get crushed on the same level of 7-0 and 7-1 then I will fucking cry and drop this sport forever.

When is this game and is it on tv? All the sports are done except boreball in America so i'll jump on the bandwagon.

3-1 Argentina

2-0 at HT desu. Higuain will score two. Messi will score late on a counter.

Dempsey gets one in stoppage time.

t. Time Traveller

Already denied. They will miss the game.

awwwwwwwwwww
starsandstripesfc.com/2016/6/19/11974692/copa-america-2016-jones-wood-have-card-appeals-denied-suspended-vs

>FIFA won't reverse those

I can see them reversing at least one of them. I know FIFA wants to rig this just right for the USA. If not, Papa USA won't be pleased and will be knocking on their doorstep.

Shit. Well, never mind. RIP.

Will the mexican'ts attempt to shitpost us to death so they feel better about 7-0?

I'm just happy the US made it this far. As long as >we don't get 7-0'd I'll be happy. I'd also like to see Messi finally win something with Argentina.

not me I want to see Argentina fall apart as a moonlighting Mexico fan

don't feel so bad
di maria is injured, gaitan is suspended and higuain will choke

Yes. And Chile will lose by three goals. So the 7-0 looks much worse.

fifa isn't in charge of copa america, you dumb fucks

so it's gonna be a meme-dense game
I'll be driving to Chicago for the game on Wednesday hopefully I can stream the USA/Argentina game and at least listen to the commentary lol

USA will need serious meme magic to win.

>7-0

USA wins 3-0, Dempsey scores a hat-trick

then i wake up :DDDD

damn thanks for the (you)s

Checked

MEME MAGIC

Whatever happens, it could be worse.

Which final result should i bet then?

don't bet it's totally up in the air
whatever happens (argentina will beat chile in all likelihood) is going to be complete insanity

Messi will choke a potential game winner and Argies will lose on penalties. USA memes their way to the finals.

Colombia vs Chile ends with a 2-1 victory for Chile. Lord Kek chose Colombia to lose to USA.

Finals will be USA vs Colombia. USA answers their initial defeat with a 3-0 victory without having to use meme magic.

Screencap this.

I MEANT VICTORY FOR COLOMBIA FUCKING SHIT

GOING TO HANG MYSELF BRB

I dunno man that seems about right to me
they want revenge!

>Chile beats Colombia
>Colombia still advances to the final
this guy

Final score for USA vs ARG are my last 2 digits, in that order.

USA 4
Argentina 1

We have arrived. Good thing the Germans still have luge.

3-12
that could happen too

Very possible.

How many Americans non-ironically believe they have a >33% chance?

ayyy

oh fuck I just thought of something, dude
what if the game ends 1-1
and it goes to PENALTIES

BENULTIES

You're manlets will concede at least 1 corner/set piece

4-0 ARG

my asshole is already sore

whos the retard that did the scheduling?
USA played on thursday
Argentina played on saturday
game on tuesday????
it's not even close to equal rest days
is that why US players are suspended? to make it more "fair" ?

Why is there any confusion? Argentina's winning, soccer's a meme sport here desu.

Just hoping it isn't 7-0 or worse.

Time traveler here. Here's what'll happen.

First Half: USA will be down by 2. The ball keeps slipping through us but based baldkeeper will save us. Morale is low, but Half time comes to us as we so desperately needed.

Second Half: Messi scores the 3rd goal. We keep stumbling around like idiots until Dempsey scores the miracle goal.
The team then awakens and realize just how powerful they can be as a team. All of their hearts and minds synchronize and turn the Argentinian defense into a toilet. We come back at around 85' and are fighting to maintain the equalizer. Messi holds the ball but slips and is stolen by us. Our young star then scores the game winner on extra time and Messi sheds a tear. Not because he was defeated, but because he is happy to see his successor smiling so brightly and embraced by his teammates. Messi gives him a hug after the game ends and trades jerseys with the boy.

Final score: 4-3 USA

did you forget about the super saiyan supersub zusi

>mfw amerigods win one for da states

is Drake gonna jump on the bandwagon and change allegiances again

as long as you guys lose im happy

Romero is good at benulties

Argies or yankees?

>4

Not happening, pablo

i honestly just hope we make work for argentina and don't get crushed. a respectable showing and something we can build confidence off of.

i really don't think they have much in the tank after ecuador and i just want them to make a competitive showing.

Just because you said that I'm gonna focus all my psychic energy, luck, magic, religion, meme magic, prayers to lord kek, and my own virgin blood on making a US win a certainty.

i would say we have a 10% chance

This sport is seriously 50-50. Our lack of talent though, lowers our odds. I say we have a 20% chance.

Kek

we're gonna lose

we have to kill the messi before he makes it on the field

>no Wood
>no Jones
>no Yedlin

8-0 loss incoming? Do we have any replacements who stand a chance? Man this suspension rule is fucking dumb.

USA must learn from Iran
youtube.com/watch?v=rPOn9W8X26E

>
Midfield options include Kyle Beckerman, Perry Kitchen, and Darlington Nagbe. While options on the wing could consist of Christian Pulisic or even possibly Fabian Johnson moving up with Matt Besler at left back. There are so many possibilities for Klinsmann to choose from. He'll have a lot of thinking to do before he submitted his lineup sheet on Tuesday night.

sure

semi soccer casual here but I love lady america

How fucked are we without those 3? I think I saw in a couple games, wood and jones made key assists for dempsey's goals

yes

>thoughts
I think that >we will play Argentina tough with our Anglo-Saxon heart, tacking, and fitness, but we will ultimately be defeated by superior Latin skill.

We'd be fucked even with them, Argentina is simply the better team. We might get lucky and win with meme magic, but that's about our only hope.

Hope we lose 8-0 so I can see that faggot Alexi Lalas kill himself on live TV

Nah you're fine, worse comes to worst you can just park the bus.
Memexico were just way too overconfident and bought into the mexico is good meme

Will we have Bedoya?

Lol you are all giving too much credit on argies. They are weak AF basically because they play for the argue press. They are obsessed about what they say about them. You just focus on ruining their wingers and you are set. They suck at handling pressure. That's why they have being choking by 22 years and die with penalties. They trust in someone to take them to victory. It used to be maradona (based AF), and now they trust in Messi. And Messi doesn't give a fuck about this copa. Argies are like that dog that runs and barks loud as fuck, but when it comes to biting, its all spaghetti.

So they're bullies, eh? I think we all know what to do with bullies.

>USA memes their way to the finals
Are you retarded? Or autistic? USA aren't capable of beating the team that is Argentina.

USA will get exposed

Argentina 3 Usa 0

I've been watching soccer for a long time, and while the US is alot better prepared for this game while also not being deluded into thinking they're actually a great team, they're still simply outmatched in all areas by argentina.

This isn't the shitty 1995 copa america argentina, this is probably the 2nd or 3rd best team in the world right now. and we would have to face a chile team that is so much better than everyone right now its not even funny. Chile could probably beat germany right now.

So yeah, klinsmann got us to the semis like he said he would, now we just keep our dignity.

I've never laughed so hard.
kek
>mfw Americans think they'll advance to the finals

Why not? I've heard that story 1000 times. Every match is a universe on itself

If this were automatically true, there'd be no reason to play the games. But the games are played, so the USA has a chance, slim though it is.

exposed how? We've been underdogs the whole tournament

Possible, but like you said, slim.

Clearly you do not understand what meme magic can do.

See:
Trump, LeGod, Mexican posters, Humanity

Would you have said there was a chance for Mexico to lose 7-0?

Nobody knows what will happen. Remember last season when the dolphins beat the pats?

What's to expose? It's not like we're hiding some secret weapon or hidden weakness. The book on us is pretty open and shut, cut and dried. Any competent coach can figure out what we do. That's why ARG's coach is already wary of us.

I'd counter by saying Argentina is the team in danger of being exposed, even if the USA loses. Their overreliance on Messi will come back to bite them, mark my words. Their supporting cast of players will be found lacking somehow.

No seriously, the USA beating Argentina?

Nah, not buying it for a second. Soccer's a novelty here in the states, not a sport. Just hope USA can keep its dignity.

jk, beat the argies pls

This. And I've been watching football longer than you

Clearly you don't see the truth. USA are strong, yes, but nothing compared to Argentina.
I would have, Mexico overhyped themselves too much and their fans were disrespectful pricks.

the problem is americants cannnot play bunkerball so taxevaders will have plenty of chances

Not saying is probable, but is possible. The minute you get matches for granted, is when you stop liking this sport. Its a sport, not a fucking game

>taxevaders
>Argentina
HA! Nice one, Hungabro.

>Romero is still argentinas goalkeeper

a country with such rich history and keepers like fillol now has to play a keeper that played for AZ Alkmaar who broke his hand in frustration then moved to Sampodria which got benched and relegated (2nd division italian) and then went to manchester united >FOR FREE
to never play a game in his life

fucking hell, what an absolute shitter of a man

reminder he let in a goal against Chile which was embarrassing and that goal against Venezuela was his fault as well

the man is absolutely terrible through the air for being so tall

all we have to do is cross it in all game and the midgets will crumble.

Yeah because that 10-0-0 formation worked so well for Bolivia. The USA team is decent enough, and I'm glad they don't play with those dirty european defensive tactics.

Yeah I think Orion is a better goalie but try telling that to Tata

A fortunate goal and 90 minutes of parked bus aren't a new thing in town mate

Not unless Argentina score 2+ goals.
Checked btw

fuck you op, because of this thread i thought it must be on in less than 24 hours

US key to victory:

1. Score meme goal
2. Activate Trump's Wall (see pic)

1-0 Victory EZ.

Holy shit, an Aussie got successfully trolled? Perhaps unintentionally even? Stop the presses, this is BIG NEWS!

kek
USA aren't gonna win.