Sup Forums, I became a light smoker about a month ago. Not really too addicted. Anyways...

Sup Forums, I became a light smoker about a month ago. Not really too addicted. Anyways, I decided to try and take a break, I stopped smoking on friday. Now I'm debating whether or not I should smoke another one. I'm pretty sure I can go without smoking, but I just like it. Should I just stop? Or should I keep smoking? I could probably limit myself to 2-3 a week, because I really only like smoking cigarettes is because of that satisfying head rush.
Do you think it's a big deal if I continue smoking Sup Forums, or should I just quite early?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10365681
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23100333
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17400948
openi.nlm.nih.gov/detailedresult.php?img=PMC2672796_copd-4-137f6&req=4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you should stop

suck a cock bitchass nigga

Quit man end of story, been down that road and while it may seem fun it's really not worth it.

Its fine as long as you dont get addicted and smoke a ton

Moderation is key.

don't do it sempai smoke is kill like moot. remember moot? hah the good old times

Trips hath spoken.

OP Here

Okay, maybe

>really not worth it
Why what happened?

Yes user, you're probably right

Give an example of Moderation?

Nice trips

>Give an example of Moderation?
Like when you buy a pack then throw the majority of it out and keep the rest.

Much easier than self control.

>Why what happened?
Lung cancer happened. Thankfully I got help before I entirely fucked myself over.

Now looking back I regret smoking, because now I've got health problems to deal with that I have to pay for.

roll

Lez bump this shiet.

Cigarettes feel even better the more you are addicted to them.. so if that doesn't sound stupid I don't know what to tell you.

Also, there are better things to do with your time and money. If you can't think of anything better to do, then thinking of something better to do would be a better use of your time (and it costs no money).

you know the answer user

Its all about the willpower broseph. I only smoke at work/On my lunch mainly to kill time, get outside and in hopes to meet someone. Dont let it become a full habit thats all, I take breaks on weekends usually, Or if I dont have any, I wait as long as I can before getting more.

Don't fuckin do it. That's how it starts, couple here and there. The feelings you're having now are the addiction kicking in and the longer you wait the harder it will be to stop.

Preach it user!

Its all about the willpower broseph. I only smoke at work/On my lunch mainly to kill time, get outside and in hopes to meet someone. Dont let it become a full habit thats all, I take breaks on weekends usually, Or if I dont have any, I wait as long as I can before getting more.
Also hand them out even, I give out one or two a day usually.

Try heroine it tastes good aswell!

Quit early. I stopped for about 2-3 weeks when I was 15 then for no real reason started again, didn't stop again till I was 40. Waste of money, health, and chicks who don't like guys that stink like an ashtray.

Definitely quit. Multitudes of health reasons for not smoking, which I'll not get into because they're obvious.

Don't do it Op

it can be done in moderation. im only used to smoking while drinking alcohol and while i'm in company with friends. I can easily go a week without it and feel it's more of a luxury rather than a need. The real danger is feeling the need to smoke while bored. For example

>Don't smoke while waiting at the bus stop.
>Don't smoke after dinner.
>Don't smoke during breaks at work/school.
>Don't smoke while bored.

TL:DR Don't make it a habit and only do it in company of people or after stressfull moments

Yes! Lets continue to smoke an expensive,addictive substance, enslaving you in to a deeper and deeper debt while you add on packs and packs week. Yes! Lets consume formaldehyde. The chemical we use to preserve dead human corpses! Yes! Lets kill our pets who do nothing but love you all their life. with second hand smoke! Yes! Lets be narcissiistic assholes and throw smoke around in resturants,private building, outside public buildings, where i and my child are forced to breath it to go to my work,resturant,library

Yes by all means continue smoking

>I'm pretty sure I should quit, but I just like it.

God comes to us in mist,
and passes with the breeze.
Anxious these moments grasp
Whose nature seduces with ease.

Just (don't) DO IT!

Life is short anyway, so if you enjoy it then just keep smoking

Your breath smells awful. Stop.

>short
Lets take 50 years off your life!

Op, smoke for pleasure, be sure to quit cold turkey the second you want a cig, you can maintain a week on week or two off semi smoker life, I've done this for a while

Smoke em if u got em

Dont do it.

>50 years

Except that most who smoke still live to be as old as everyone else...

OP here, you guys decide.

strawpoll.me/10365681

Also, thank you guys for all the feedback/posts, helps me out more than you know

Just stop i started out just like you and now I'm smoking nonstop

Yeah man don't do it.
I met some really cool chick a few months back, she was just great except the fact that she always smelled/tasted like smoke. I couldn't get past it despite how "smoking" hot she was.

It ended between us.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23100333
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17400948
openi.nlm.nih.gov/detailedresult.php?img=PMC2672796_copd-4-137f6&req=4

30 a day at 23 years old, spend most of my time on Sup Forums because I HAVE ACTUAL FUCKING LUNG CANCER.
seriously man stop now, one cig a week is probably good for you, but nothing that coudnt be achieved from a professional massage or meditation or w/e.

Im not gonna die btw, 2strong4cancer, but I deserve to because I took life for granted.

If it's about the nicotine rush, try the gum. Been smoke free for a year and the gum has a nice buzz to it.

just stop, it's not cool anymore. It was fun when the science was out, but now if you smoke KNOWING just how shitty it is, willingly giving yourself lung cancer, why bother? Waste of money. Smell like shit. "Hey it relaxes me" yeah, so does a deep breath.

Just quit, it's a dumb, ugly habit

Good job linking gov sites, because you know the government would never tell lies or force others to lie

Oh it's tinfoil hat hour already?

>delusional smoker in their 40's with lung cancer,copd, and liver disease
Get cuk'd harder bro

If you think governments always tell the truth then you are extremely naive

So you don't use any usa currency? Cause you know, tommorrow they could kill the stock market and now all your cash is useless.Tell me how you're going to use your gold/silver at the grocery store, how are you going to give y our gold/silver a value?

I never said I believed that, at all. But I'm also not going to pretend like research on cigarettes being bad for you is somehow some government conspiracy.

Depends on what you are smoking. In the end you're the one with the final decision. However, I used to smoke and I can tell you that if you want to continue smoking, go with something light like Camels. Don't jump on something like Marlboro reds or Menthols. Marlboros are just super harsh. If you really want to keep smoking, just stick with the ones that are easy to take down.

6 Votes guys?
"I wanna see more votes!!!!"
-Some rando user

Not saying they are good for you either, just not as bad as people always make them out to be

Yes there is a chance of copd or lung cancer, but there's also a chance you can die doing almost anything.
If you enjoy something then just do it, if you don't like the risk involved then don't. Simple as that

Hmm, always thought Camels were harsher than Marlboros when it comes to menthols

Nah not worth it OP. Might as well stop now right?
Be more of a faggot

Im not sure about that, it can be. I never smoked anything besides Reds. I does had a friend who smoked it and told me it felt harsher. You may be right.

yeh.. i feel like practical reasons not to smoke are probably the most effective.

>not nearly as many people seem to smoke openly/casually anymore, so it's less of a social lubricant and more of a deal-breaker than ever. Lots of people think you're dumb/weak the moment they see you light up.

>it makes you lazy/lame because it replaces some of the requirement of your own self-gratification (so do other drugs, but cigarettes are the most versatile in usage). As somebody else mentioned it's a bad thing to do when you're bored all the time. It probably breeds complacency as a habit because it's a strong feature of the habit itself. Complacency gives you less than you're capable of, and is rightfully not a trait or reality that people cherish.

I dont want to fill my lungs with chemicals that kill me and cause me cancer and other diseases that are only caused from smoking?

Stay butthurt smokefag

Thanks good job

Lez see if we can get 10 votes for Op, the hype is realll.

strawpoll.me/10365681

Kek, of course Sup Forums would pick the faggot option.
>classic Sup Forums

We did it, we got 10 votes!!! Great work Sup Forumsros. Go home with your heads held high, and know that we fucking did it.

Oh shiet 12 votes!!! We're about to make history guys.

13 votes!!!! Awwww yeah, let's show this poll who's Sup Forumsoss.

We at 14 votes now, lets keep em rollin.

The hype is so real right now. kek

Bumping.

15 VOTES!!!!!!!!!!
>Sheds a manly tear
I'm proud of you faggots, you've done the impossible.

M00t would be proud.

Here's a trophy Sup Forumsros, you're all winners today.