I want to start feeding/training a wild raven that lives by me. What kind of food would be best /b?

I want to start feeding/training a wild raven that lives by me. What kind of food would be best /b?

Other urls found in this thread:

cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/north/yellowknife-raven-whisperer-1.3382881
bbc.com/news/magazine-31604026
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bird_intelligence
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

rolling for feeding it smaller ravens

so then how do I get the smaller ravens lol

I live in northern canada and there's this lady at my work that does this shit. She feeds them whatever she does I dunno (sorry for the non answer but ravens will eat anything from roadkill to mcdonalds) and she has them so trained they'll ride on top of her car to work (2 blocks away) and they seem to know her schedule. There's another old guy who has trained ravens. He even got a write up in the paper. I'll try and Google it. Anyway it seems you condition them like any animal.

OP I can't do everything for you, I told you what to feed it already

I'm thinking white bread but I'm not sure how good it is for their digestive system.

cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/north/yellowknife-raven-whisperer-1.3382881

There ya go

yeah, it was the attached image that got me thinking about it. They are apparently fairly intelligent (for a bird) and can understand displacement and tool use. Would be pretty cool to have a little raven bro

Unsalted peanuts and small bits of raw, unprocessed meat.

thanks, good article

Reroll

any reason for no salt?

I'm that article, according to scientists they have strong visual ability and a good memory and can recognize individuals so it's like having a dog with less work.

This is what I do.
Good for them and they remember me.

Bad for them.
They get heaps of it from people food they find.

yeah- don't have to clean up their shit or feed them 100% of the time, no vet bill pretty smart. I think I'm actually going to try this

Assuming all Ravens need same diet as Australian Ravens.

They're all probably pretty similar

Here's a good article to make you wanna do it.
bbc.com/news/magazine-31604026

Just be careful, they're kind of like a writing desk

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bird_intelligence
I am just looking into this and it looks like birds can be fairly smart

from wikipedia: Obsolete collective nouns for a group of ravens (or at least the common raven) include "unkindness" and "conspiracy"

Poe wrote on both!

They're crazy smart.
Pretty cheeky too, just watch them for a while and see what they get up to.

On garbage day they designate one each end of the street as a lookout, then one lifts the lid up as another sticks their beak in to hold it open.
Another pulls out garbage and they all sort through it for the good shit.
Then the lookouts swap with some of the others so everyone gets some, then they go up in the tree to watch the people come out and get pissed off at the mess.

damn crazy smart and a sense of humor not a bad combo

Gonna be hard to 'train'
Ravens are highly intelligent social animals. They are a bit smarter than chimps and have far more personality.
You have to treat it like a teenager, it's about as smart and independent as one...

training in the classical sense is not really possible.

+1 (413) 875-5234 this phone number sent me threats, help my Sup Forumsros. Help me out and make sure they never pick up their phones again

Yeah. Listen to this user.
You don't train them, just befriend them.

No help will be given until you provide raven pictures