Have you ever tried to invent a sport?

Have you ever tried to invent a sport?

What was it?

How would you design a game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WOOw2yWMSfk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

imagine football but the pitch is a circle, there's 3 teams on the pitch and two balls in play

imagine football but the pitch is a square, there's 4 teams on the pitch and three balls in play

Loss of focus: the game

Pretty sure I saw this on GUTS.

Similar to handball, played on a lacrosse field. Defenders can only stay in zones, but the farther up the attackers go, the more points a goal is worth. Full contact of course.

imagine soccer but not gay

Wallball, which is squash with a football, and using a tennis scoring system

ultimate fireball

Thats called hockey

I tried to invent an air-based version of tennis but it never took off

My school when I was a child had a sport that someone invented and was passed on

It involved throwing a tennis ball into the other team's hole, the hole being one of those concrete stairs leading down to a basement door with railings on the side. Teams were on two buildings opposite of each other. Defenders couldn't go into the hole but lean around it with caps in their hands to catch the ball

Had a bunch of other rules including free throws and from what distance you could throw from but I can't remember

beat me to it

>MUH POINT

:^)

Sounds fun. Needs to be full contact

>furpuck

nah

Baseketball is the best movie of all time

My stepdad tried to make a sport called a acroball which was volleyball but with a football and you could use any part of your body, we flew out to Abu Dhabi and a few professional premier league players were there, turned out it was some ponzi style scheme my step dad thought of and he ran with the investors money leaving me and the family in Abu Dhabi in a seven star hotel with like 20 rooms to pay. Good times

DID HE ALIVE?

What's else could be not gay soccer then?

Fucking funny, but this cannot be true.

We had a game in school called force, not sure how extended it is. All players in a circle holding hands, a strong tree in the middle and a captain next to the tree.

The captain orders the circle 'go left', 'run to the right', etc until the circle is going at top speed, always holding hands.

At some point the captain shouts 'force!' And everybody in the circle pulls away from the tree without breaking the circle. The huge amount of people makes the weakest part of the circle pull towards the tree and smash against it and the captain at full speed collision.

Whoever let their hands go and broke the circle to avoid the collision loses, gets slapped around and is the next captain.

The game was completely absurd, nobody won, but there were some hardcore clashes and injuries. It was banned after some serious concussions and a broken arm.

Problem of it is the diplomacy between teams.

Sup Forums doesn't know anything about game theory so it doesn't surprise me this thread is shit.

I used to play fantasy paintball at school and tried to invent all sorts of rules to make it become a legitimate sport.

Little did I know that it already existed and Americans were world champions.

Very nice

We had something that got banned too. The game was called tentacles. In a corridor, 2 guys started in the middle, on their knees and were only allowed to move crawling.

There were 2 safe zones at both end of the playing area. The point of the game is to take turns to try and reach the other safe zone. If you get caught, you become a tentacle yourself. Last man standing is the winner.

I broke my froont teeth getting tackled once, as I wasn't able to put my arms on the concrete fast enough to land properly. Good times

Imagine British Bulldog but in riot gear

teqball is shilled pretty hard here, and we have a yearly article about bossaball, but they will never get traction. Anything novel will come only in the form of e-sports

imagine football but the pitch is a pentagon, there's 5 teams on the pitch and four balls in play

we played that in school too.

People got hurt, but not from the game itself but from fighting over whether the tentacles were allowed to move from their spots or not.

Me and a couple of friends used to get drunk and play basketball on our bikes, shit was fucking brutal

former school mates dad tried to pull a similar stunt, but with "miracle" batteries.

he disappeared to god knows where and his wife went to fucking emirate prison.

kid got taken by child protective services and we haven't seen him since

fucking batteries

5v5
Point of game is to get more points then other team
You can sign up apes to help you

We used to play piggy-back jousting

It's exactly what it sounds like and was fuckin great

What did you use to joust, a broom?

People's legs

I crushed a 2L bottle and made one for my friend and we called it "bottle boarding"

I just realized now how fucking utterly stupid it is, but back then i didn't for some reason.

Yes, I was thinking about boxing but with elbows allowed..
Just put some padding on elbows so they don't cut opponent so easily..
And spinning back fists would be allowed..
Imagine all the possibilities, it would be dope..

It's called MMA

No kicks, just punching and elbows..

Curb Ball. That was our shit as kids!

Muh gaim
Muh dream
Muh point

Yes, it was chess, except that one player's turn isn't over until a players moves all of his pieces once. I call it Fast Chess