What is the most important lesson your father gave you?

What is the most important lesson your father gave you?

Mine taught me not to blindly trust women just because they tell you they love you and would never betray you, as they are more often than not trying to take advantage from their friends, family and boyfriends/husbands.

He also taught me to earn respect from friends and coworkers.

What about you, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vgeoWlqM4i8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Always try to figure something out yourself and to be a man by fixing things yourself

my father died when i was 6 months old from a massive heart attack due to drug abuse.

a lesson this taught me is dont fuckin do stupid ass drugs. i want be around for my children

My father taught me to always keep my chin up when I walk and to never avoid eye contact. He said be confident but dismissive. Other than that he was a convict and a heroin addict. I love the man to death but he has Hep C and he's dying. He was never there for me or any of my siblings but for some reason i never hated him. I understand where he's coming from. Life can be brutal, I'm glad he taught me to stay strong, or at least set that example. I miss him honestly, I'm 21 that's sad, i just hope he's not dead. I'm gonna be a better father than he ever was but I can't hate him.

The difference between pink and purple is your grip.

Pull out

To plan on going to work everyday and not try and come up with excuses not to

youtube.com/watch?v=vgeoWlqM4i8

Honest days work is worth honest pay. If you work like a man you will get paid like a man. I was 14 and was paid a fair wage. Im now 33 and still make honest wages. Not rich but not hungry and have money for all i want for.

Sounds like your father is/was a pathetic wage slave. What a very poor rolemodel.

If cum is red, it's not cum

Couple of lessons from my dad

> Smile and greet every person you meet.
> Always have graditude and a god conscience
> Fake it till you make ut

Big dick is the most important thing in life

Dress well and maintain yourself. People will immediately judge you if you present yourself as a slob.

Sucks, but it's probably the most practical advice I've ever gotten.

I never knew my dad.
I guess dont be a deadbeat

Sounds like your dad is a master of bad advice, no wonder you're on Sup Forums shitposting. Like father like son.

This is decent advice from a good father.

Good advice.

Very true user but it should be noted people will immediately judge you no matter what you look like. Also you will feel and act like you dress.

Don't trust boys because they're no good. He was right

"If it moves, fuck it. If it doesn't move, fuck it til it starts moving."

just cuz you cant hit the bottom of the spit can doesnt mean you cant hit the sides.

Your dad should kill himself if he's still alive.

Your dad sounds like a walking fedora.

You have to earn trust and prove respect !

You dont earn respect, are you disrespectful to every stranger you meet?

Mine taught me never to talk back and to not try to stop him from beating my mother or he would pick me up and throw me against the wall again. All of us kids hated him and none of us went to the hospital when he was dying.

Good thing he's dead. Sounds like a real shithead.

Mine taught me to name sure you're friends with an attorney so when you get arrested for drug dealing you can get bailed out.

my father was and is an abusive drunk and addict. he unknowingly taught me unconditional love, something thats hard to truly grasp until you can still love someone no matter how much they hurt you.

That people that is never there for you can also teach things

My dad really did try to be good to my sister and I when I was younger. Hosting soccer games, volunteering in events I was involved in, the works. He was his own boss: worked for his own pharmaceutical company with his brother and a college friend. Eventually he sold to CVS or someone for 50 million, split between his coworkers of course.
Dad no longer came home at 5, but was present non-stop. He started living it up, too. Bought a Porsche, took us to different parts of the world. We moved into a bigger house, then back into our old one when the recession hit.
He started running out of money fast, and his stress levels went through the roof. He takes his stress pills every day before going to work with his brother as a pharmacy tech for a hospital. He doesn't really pay very much attention to anyone in particular anymore. I guess he taught me that people can die before they stop breathing.

To leave the bitch when better pussy is available and forget you have a kid.

I grew up without him.
I don't give a shit though

They make stress pills?

I guess that's good advice?

Unconditional love is illogical and only leads to pain and strife. Your dad was a very stupid man.

This is true.

That's unfortunate, sorry man.

Made me fucking lose it.

Mine taught me to be comfortable with who I am and what I do.

My dad never taught me anything. I've lived with him all my life (18) and not even once has he ever talked to me even about girls.

I really don't know what he takes. If you're talking about his old company, they specialized in hemophilia.

Sounds like you do give a shit, and you're just putting up a nice front.

made me determined not to end up a loser like him

I like this.

He should kill himself for being a wasteful sack of air.

Decent if not common sense.

A few lessons I was taught
>Work in life is 90% showing up
>When the CEO asks where do you see yourself in this company in 15 years, say "The chair you're sitting in. How do I get there?"
>Doesn't matter if you're the Einstein of your time and have the intelligence to prove it, if you don't have a reputable college degree backing your claim, you'll get jack shit in life.

> Friends and coworkers

When it's about a random person you show basic courtesy to each other, but in certain environments when you see each other on a regular basis you have to gain people's respect in order to have a healthy relationship.

My father taught me it's possible to have the best of intentions and still commit wrong and hurtful acts

I don't really like my parents

Sounds like you live with your parents

>if you don't have a reputable college degree backing your claim, you'll get jack shit in life.
Your dad isn't/wasn't very educated by this statement alone I can tell.

Common sense, so pretty much he didn't teach you anything.

You would be wrong, wageslave. :^)

>He should kill himself for being a wasteful sack of air.

He always worked super hard for me to have nice things. But that's about it. It just kinda hurts that it seems he's not interested in my life at all. Not once has he asked me if I liked any girls at school. All he says is "go to college, get a good job".

Don't lose touch with your kids. You'll regret it.

Best advice in the thread. Stay in your childrens lives.

Yeah their excuse was that I was the guinea pig and my other siblings got the benefit of their experience with me

What that translates to is a whole lot of baggage for me and younger siblings who are doing rather well

He taught me that if I don't go outside and mow the fucking grass right God damn now he will kick my ass and if I tell my mom he's gonna take away the truck

Fucking kek.

When I was expelled from my school he told me that many people have done great things in this world coming from unfortunate backgrounds.
He also said it's not about which school you get accepted, it's your personal skills and abilities that in the end determine where you go in life.
sorry if this sounds corny but it translate from japanese.

If you love something don't let it go.

Don't take it personally, your dad is trying to build you up, give you strength and character for dealing with the real world.

Love is illogical and only leads to bigger problems. Unless you're skilled at something like a trade/talent that you love and are able to earn income from it, but loving another person and riding on that love is bad news.

following my fathers footsteps i am now an engineer and im glad he gave me that advice

He is educated, just not in a traditional sense. He took full advantage of the public library and other known resources when he was younger and is known to run circles around people with degrees in a discussion/debate. It's just he didn't go to college due to a shitty financial situation and local politics of the time, as well as helping support his siblings along side my grandmother to stay afloat. He's a very interesting man to talk to and just shoot the bull with but is very serious when the time calls for it.

OP is a fucking faggot for thinking he's an authority on what is and isn't good advice from a father.

>love is illogical

fucking cringe
the pretension is real

There are better ways of doing things. My dad never waits in line (he befriend the manager of the bank). He can buy things way cheaper. And can sell things way higher.