Sup Forums I'm kinda new to being a boyfriend and my girl is self harming...

Sup Forums I'm kinda new to being a boyfriend and my girl is self harming, I've never done it so I don't really understand it but I'm wondering how to help her, be there for her and hopefully get her to stop

give her a sharper knife because those cuts are for attention

Stop giving her attention. :^)

this user

how will that help?

My girl used to cut.

I moved her in with me because her mother was driving her to cut, which distanced her from the drama.

After that, she calmed down and I set the rules firm: If I found she cut herself even once, I'd dump her instantly. No yelling, no threats, no fear tactics.

Get her to understand that hurting herself like this doesn't solve anything, and you won't deal with it. This doesn't mean you can't help her. General positive lifestyles and love will show her that she has no reason to cut.

There is no way to stop it even if you make her the happiest, deal with it. I've been there before and it didn't end well she just got upset when i mentioned it.

You can't really help her, you might feel like you are but people who are mentally ill will lie to you to get you to leave them alone.

She needs psychiatric help and if she continually refuses then you need to get the fuck out before you get too attached. I know that sounds awful but seriously there's nothing in it for you if she's not receptive or even attempting to resolve the issue.

You should always encourage her, that's what good boyfriends do. Consider joining in next time to show her how much you care.

Steal all of her math triangles

She won't have any reason to cut if nobody's giving her attention.

Also, don't take this advice seriously. I'm just some random faggot on Sup Forums.

teach the slut how to tie a noose

Leave her before you're the reason she cuts

She is an attention whore. You'll never be able to give her enough, and she'll look to other guys for it.

Just run dude, I personally find ppl that self harm idiotic and fucked in the head, they need a psychiatric evaluation, not your lil piss ant help.

OP here
I love her so much I just wanna make her happy but her doing this makes me feel like I can't make her happy and I just don't know what to do

see

Just be there for you however you can. Hold her, kiss her, tell her how much you love her. Squeeze her and never let her go. If she tries to push you away, chayce her and don't let her go. If she tells you nothing is wrong, but you know there is, keep pestering her and get her to tell you. Give her affection and be real with her.

Yea just follow these easy steps

She sounds extra sexy. Give her my number.

what is your number

Is she cutting down the street or across the road?

you'll simpy never be able to make her stop, OP.
Speaking from experience with this sort of thing, it's something that gets inside their head, like a bad addiction. Even if they stop cutting for a while, they'll likely turn to it in the future in times of distress.
Sorry, Bud. That's never gonna change with her. :/

okay thanks for informing me, I'll stay with her tho

Good luck, mate.
Hope it doesn't come between you two.
And I hope she loves you back.

Just cuck her

She's attracted to you because you validate her behavior even though she hates herself.
If she hates herself enough to hurt herself then she'll eventually resent you for loving the person she is (a person who hates herself) . She'll simultaneously love you for putting up with her behavior while resenting you for being the sort of person who will put up with that kind of behavior.

Before you continue... You should ask yourself: Why am I attracted to someone who hates themself.
Like... What the hell is wrong with YOU that you'll suffer this bullshit for even one second?

If you actually care about her and want to help her you're going to have to have her committed. You can't reason her out of doing it because if she were reasonable she wouldn't have tried it to begin with.
If you do literally anything else then you're enabling her own self destruction and do not actually love her.
Maybe you should seek help op.

everything you said has been my experience

people cut for the endorphins or body art or for a rush or a million other reasons.

you cant say for sure she hates herself

Its probably just for attention. If not, she has mental problems and you can't help her adequately enough. tell her she should go see a doctor.