If you don't think he's the artist of our generation you're literally a contrarian racist homophobic bigoted virgin who...

If you don't think he's the artist of our generation you're literally a contrarian racist homophobic bigoted virgin who doesn't turn up or have fun.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/user-587952253/roc-wit-u-jeffery
youtube.com/watch?v=3x3g8BGH_io
thebookofthug.com/melodic
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=hoWbhoRTUyA
youtube.com/watch?v=2yqib_u5wZI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

he's an artist, but not the artist

What instrument does he play?

his voice is the instrument
name one better
don't say meme grips

>his voice is the instrument
What is his octave range then?

he is the best artist alive and ever of all time.

new thugger btw: soundcloud.com/user-587952253/roc-wit-u-jeffery

That's called singing you fucking mongoloid, I'm sick of this "bruh he uses his voice as an instrument!!!!!" meme

ok. he doesnt play and instrument. what are you on about ???

Well he's not really a musician then, is he? Not the artist of... anything, really.

Good thread

>If you don't play an instrument you're not capable of making good music
I don't even know the dude in the OP but please just fuck off

Smokin on them penises.

An instrument is literally required to make music. Are you retarded?

Apparently you're the retard here for not not realizing that you can make music with your voice, try it one time
Just trying to help you out buddy

What is your favorite Thug project?

SS2 for me

Quote me where I said the voice wasn't an instrument?

Then see

niggers and women ruined Sup Forums, and also most of Sup Forums.

>contrarian racist homophobic bigoted virgin

pls don't make fun of my people

who /leanreggae/ here?

youtube.com/watch?v=3x3g8BGH_io

rich gang the tour was one of the best gangster rap releases I've heard in a long time, shame thugger and rich homie dipped out of there

honestly kendrick or kanye

if voice is an instrument then synths, drum machines, and DAWs are too

Why am I stuck in this shit fucking timeline where are meme niggers glorified while they mumble on the same stock beat the same fucking shit again and again multiplied by 500x because now every other nigger is doing it too because it requires nothing.

>YUH YUH YUH YA XD
>SHE SUCK THAT DICK LIKE OLIVE
>WHAT? XD:d
>I EAT HER ASS LIKE SHE FROM PARIS
>GGGGGGRAAAAAA XD

Autism

EDGY PROJECTING TIPS FEDORA HOLY FUCKING SHIT NIGGA

Bait to the biggest of baits

k-kendrick because kanye is a fool.

SS2 has some of my fav thug songs on it, but its just too long and has too much filler to be consistent. As complete projects barter 6> jeffrey >SS3 > Rich Gang Tha Tour 1 = SS2 > SS1 > I'm Up > 1017 Thug > everything else

these are honestly the only acceptable answers and in terms of musical and cultural impact are still on another tier above young thug

>cultural impact
are you kidding? Thug has done more for the culture than kendrick's sjw faceass

>An instrument is literally required to make music
A right all those edm guys really try hard on their trumpets.

a Midi controller is as much an instrument as ones own inflection

more people know who kendrick is than young thug senpai

kek

Holy shit, yeah sure man all the choirs in the world aren't making music, its actually just "sound" seriously fuck off. And also Young Thug uses his voice as an instrument incredibly well, its his whole gimmick

this reads like one of those anime waifu posts
that's pretty damn kawaii

>this

I love you user.

this is the correct power ranking

"this" is not true
I fucking hate you user

He's literally describing like 2 rappers

Young Thug
Future
Desiigner
21 Savage
Kodak Black
Lil Yauchty
Lil Uzi Vert
D.R.A.M.
Migos
Travis Scott
Rich Homie Quan
OT Genasis
OG Maco

Some are worse than others but it all boils down to the same formula

>then synths, drum machines, and DAWs are too

Well, yeah obviously they are

before you praise someone as the best artist of this generation please realize that just because it says someones name on the cover doesnt mean he is responsible for the whole thing.

he doesn't even do any production work afaik so the only thing you can attribute to him is his rapping.

>OT Genasis
Fucking lol, yeah you sureeeee know a lot about what you are talking about user

and if you think his rapping is actually worthy of that praise you should end yourself to make you remove yourself from the genepool. not that what you said would appyl to the rest of the production anyways...

at first glance i thought it was rocky haha

>tfw browsing Young Thug shit thread listening to this

>tfw Young Thug will never reach this level of musicianship

>tfw America used to be great

i feel like there are 3 kinds of people who like this kind of music

1) Idiots who actually like it because they just dont know anything about music
2)people who in general have decent taste but want to appear "different" and like they are not stuck up and can just enjoy fun music without analyzing everything
3)people who see group 2 and think there must be something actual good about these artists because group 2 otherwise has decent taste

OP fell so deep in the group 3 trap he actually believes this holy fuck

>being this pleb
stop feeling like you know shit about music

Who cares? It's all payola rap.

he is a artist, an true artist

Trav has surpassed these niggas senpai

When did I say otherwise?
>And also Young Thug uses his voice as an instrument incredibly well, its his whole gimmick
What's his vocal range?

>not Kendrick Lamar

Fuck off you faggot ass A$AP dick rider.

if you know that those things are instruments why tf are you asking what he plays

im not but you know that he doesn't produce his own tracks, do you?

>literally who

very safe ranking. cant say its objectively wrong but favorite is different from best.

i feel bad for people who cant enjoy multiple genres of music. Truly saddening. Thugger is at the pinnacle of trap/hip-hop and if you cant see this you have no place to talk

I'm a contrarian racist homophobic bigoted virgin who doesn't turn up or have fun, but I still like young thug.

>defending corporate music
>they aren't even paying you to do it
y i k e s
i
k
e
s

ITT: retards who fell for this bait

i just wrote an essay about young thug for my writing class

can you post it somewhere? whats the thesis? id love to read it.

haha I like how you simple your explanation for everything is

what would yall enjoy more?

MigosThuggin

or

FutureThuggin

Migosthuggin, I feel migos always have so much energy in everything they bring, but futurethuggin would probably have better production

im expecting to get at least one of them or maybe at least a song or two from either. That future collab sounds nice on tug snapchat

>tfw geekin' out to with that
I should hate myself for lovin' this dude music so much, but I just can't.

COP A CHOPPA END UP FLIPPIN NIGGA

Why do you keep asking about his vocal range? Is that relevant to anything? In terms of hip hop, young thugs voice is extremely unconventional. Most critics praise him for the way he gender bends his voice, which actually displays a pretty high vocal range. He also raps with phonetics that are borderline incomprehensible, he raps and you have no idea what he's even saying. Read his lyrics and you still can't even tell. No this isn't because he's mumbling, it's because it's almost like he's rapping in his own made up language we he takes on the young thug persona. He also experiments with flow and rhythm at a high degree. All of this was extremely unconventional to hip hop before he came along, the way he uses his voice as an instrument to drive songs forward and make them interesting was seriously something that people had not heard before

He's the best and unique thing to come to trap this decade don't be ashamed my child.

Also Barter 6 is his magnum opus

>Barter 6 is his magnum opus
for now i guess. its hard to say really. The Slime Season series is pretty amazing t.bh

Especially since Thug's most successful song Best Friend was on SS1

i don't know where i would post it so when the professor checks it it wouldn't come up as plagiarism
i talked about how he's kind-of-gay and kind-of-not-gay and how the image he creates contrasts with his lyrics which are often macho and very masculine like a lot of other hip-hop
i rushed it and need to clean it up still

i see. cool

kek

pop it in a pastebin or googledoc later

Young thug is a musical genius. He is pretty much a human instrument the way he can bend his pitch and make melodies out of indistinct lyrics. He'll start a word on one note and hit 3 or 4 notes by the end of it. The guy goes through full scales in one line. This makes his verses reminiscent of guitar solos. completely improvised, You don't need to understand what he's saying when his voice is an actual instrument. It's not about what he's saying but how he's saying it. It's not about the meaning of the lyrics it's about the feeling. The feeling is the meaning. He's also extremely hood it's his language. He's evolving language tho so that you don't need to know what he saying to feel something. If your worried about the lyrics you don't get the genius that is young thug.

>putting travis scott in with these meme nigs

nope

ok dad, whatever you say

More than half of those people are better than Travis Scott haha

ITS LITTTTTTTTTT :DDDDDDDDDD

if you unironically say "young thug uses his voice as an instrument" fuck off back to /r/hiphopheads where you belong

>Is that relevant to anything?
If he is the bets musician of our time, then he has to be the best at his instrument. If you are claiming his instrument is his voice, then show me he has the best vocal range.
>In terms of hip hop, young thugs voice is extremely unconventional.
Not relevant.
>He also raps with phonetics that are borderline incomprehensible, he raps and you have no idea what he's even saying
So he's a poor communicator? Not a great artist...
>Read his lyrics
This is a music board. So... he's a scat singer?
>He is pretty much a human instrument the way he can bend his pitch and make melodies out of indistinct lyrics
Chart out the melodies and show me.
Non argument.

What did he mean by this?

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=hoWbhoRTUyA

>imagine being this autistic

>thebookofthug.com/melodic
Link isn't working for me.

You'll have to address the issues in your own words, sorry

all of my niggas they hard call em beetles

Holy shit dude lol, you're like actually bothered lol

You mean these people were bothered I'm just asking a question.

>If he is the bets musician of our time, then he has to be the best at his instrument. If you are claiming his instrument is his voice, then show me he has the best vocal range.
I'm not OP and I never said this in my post. Young Thug isn't even the best rapper right now and I firmly believe that. However, he should be respected as an artist for what he does.
>In terms of hip hop, young thugs voice is extremely unconventional.
>Not relevant.
I'm sorry but this in incredibly relevant. He pushed the genre entirely into the left field. It doesn't matter what kind of musician you are, if you influence the genre you fall under so strongly, then it is "relevant". >So he's a poor communicator? Not a great artist...
I actually want to know if you listen to hip hop. Who said that current hip hop was about communication? It isn't at all. I'm sorry but "he's a bad communicator" in terms of artistry isn't an argument.
>This is a music board. Yep, you're right, this a music board and song lyrics are directly tied to music, so lyrical discussion stays here.
>So... he's a scat singer?
Yes, he's pretty much a scat singer, which has never breached into mainstream hip hop until now.
>Chart out the melodies and show me.
As others have posted in this thread, I STRONGLY encourage you to view this website. The link works, stop being a little bitch.

>I'm not OP and I never said this in my post.
But that's what we were discussing. Please read the thread before posting.
>He pushed the genre
>only one singular genre
Not relevant
>Who said that current hip hop was about communication?
Are you saying hip-hop isn't art?
Yep, you're right, this a music board and song
>I STRONGLY encourage you to view this website
I saw the charts, they are VERY simplistic.

Do you listen to much scat music? How is he better than say, Shooby Taylor?
youtube.com/watch?v=2yqib_u5wZI

holy shit
Look autist no one's saying he's the best scat artist ever.

Music is subjective stop being such a fucking sperg and take a seat

>Look autist no one's saying he's the best scat artist ever.
Wrong.
See >Music is subjective stop being such a fucking sperg and take a seat
Holy shit dude lol, you're like actually bothered lol

>i don't understand hyperboles or memes

Spotted the super faggot that unironically likes Disdain for Plebs on Jewbook.

You mean things that distract form actual music discussion?

death grips