99% of people get this easy ass question wrong

99% of people get this easy ass question wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

wolframalpha.com/input/?i=lcm (3,5,12)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Shit crop
Not bothering to read
Kill yourself

translation:
im retarded
im illiterate
kill me

1 minute

Nearest common multiple: 60
How is it not 60 OP, please explain...

The answer is 75 you fucking retards

Never. They chime once

its a math question and the answer is 75 you good for nothing dumb fuck english major

>75
>retards
>mfw

go fuck yourself dumbass

damn that trick question almost got me lol
its not 60 thats for sure

>Three bells chime once

>Once

Interesting...

Prove it retard

Show working out nigga. Everyone knows you cant pass school maths without showing working

3 * 5 * 12 = 180

really guys? 3 minutes

If the answers not 60 then its 120, but then that would be the second chime, and if its the second chime its not right, and because the cropping is bad I dont know whats right, and that your honor, is why I shot that nigger.

>75
>divisible by even number

Chain yourself to an anvil and jump in a pool, OP.

1ms because they will still be chiming and they only chime once

Ignoring any silly "buhhh its a trick question they chime once" nonsense:

At 60 seconds, the first bell is on its 21st chime, the second bell is on its 13th chime and the last bell is on its 6th chime. No smaller number is a multiple of both 12 and 5 (because no multiple of 12 below 60 ends in a 0 or a 5). I don't get the 75 thing, since 12 isn't even a multiple of 5... They will also continue to chime at the same time, every 60 seconds, forever, and at no other interval, ever.

They don't ever

ITT: Undeducated doing elementary level math homework for underagefag

>also the answer is 60 seconds, MCD(3,5,12) = 60

Dude you are wrong sorry. Simple logic proves it.

Nice counting numb nuts.

You forget 48 dipshit

mfw retards are writing paragraphs on their confusion over 3rd grade factorisation math

Ok I forgot one number, not easy to draw this on notepad on phone lmao

bad bait or really really really bad at maths

Woah settle down Edgelord

36+12 = 52. Lol

Fixed and still right

Hahahahaha you got me.

I forgot that 52-36=12, thanks for the reminder.

>ITT: Undeducated doing elementary level math homework for underagefag
>>also the answer is 60 seconds, MCD(3,5,12) = 60
This.

And since someone is going to be a faggot and want working for an incredibly simple problem.

wolframalpha.com/input/?i=lcm (3,5,12)

No idea why OP thinks it's not 60, just trollin' I guess. Or some obscure grammar nazi trick question? Probably just trollin'

Man this is like a new level of stupidity, I love it.

you dense mother-fucker

Hey man, im not sure if you even graduated high school but counting multiples should be reserved for finding the highest/lowest multiple, not getting the gcd or lcm.

The answer is 15 seconds since they all chime at once, it asks when they will chime again. 3 seconds after the last which is 12

The whole point is after the first few equations you realize they'll never meet again. They're completely out of sinc

This guys is probably the biggest retard in this thread, even maybe the biggest retard I ever seen

3 seconds. They all ring at once. But at different intervals

humor me and add just more to the 12s column.

are you that fucking stupid you can't find the lcm of 3,5 and 12 without wolframalpha???

The smallest common multiple of 3, 5, and 12 is 60 so the bells will chime simultaneously after 60 seconds.

The question is not trying to trick you into thinking they only ring once. The first sentence means they don't chime repeatedly after their intervals; they only chime once each interval. This does not mean they only chime once ever. The second sentence means the chimes are perfectly timed; the chiming is never early or late. The last sentence uses the word "again" which implies the bells chime have chimed once together and will start chiming on their respective intervals.

The correct answer is 60 seconds.

I bet 99% of you get this wrong!

2 + 2 = ?

IT'S NOT 4!!!!!

So after 60 chimes they chime again together? I misread the problem I guess.

>implying

>The answer is 15 seconds since they all chime at once, it asks when they will chime again. 3 seconds after the last which is 12
OP doesn't say that the chime lasts three seconds. It doesn't mention a duration at all.

Therefore we recall that in maths problems what is not mentioned is not relevant to the problem. We remove extraneous details and assume that the chime is instantaneous.

Are you like totally, absolutly retarded ? Don't you even understand you are totally wrong ? Must be a bait but damn it's a fuckin good one then

its just "proof" black on white to show the retards the answer

>intervals
interval != duration

In all honesty, who gives a shit? Who has a job here that needs to know stupid shit like this?

They all ring at 3 seconds, then all at 5 seconds, then all at 12 seconds.

/thread. Least common factor faggots.

From /sci/, with love

Holy fuck there's a difference between the bells chiming and how long between the chimes.

>In all honesty, who gives a shit? Who has a job here that needs to know stupid shit like this?
Most coders have to occasionally solve problems that use equivalent maths. Not this obviously but basically equivalent problems.

E.g. sizing a bunch of boxes in CSS and trying to work out how many columns you need to line them up or something.

the numbers mean points in time they chime. they chime simultaneously at t=0 and t=60s

The Bell Chimer Timer needs to know.

cryptography requires knowledge of prime numbers thus lcm and gcd is important.

everything you learn in early maths are building blocks of more complicated things.

im guessing you dont like math thus implying you are non stem major, how do you cope with not being able to solve basic algebraic expansion and factorisation.

>three bells chime once at intervals of 3, 5, and 12 seconds.

Says nothing about them ringing separately you dense cunt. The answer is 15 seconds. 3 seconds after the ringing at 12 seconds

I hope you are joking you retard

Congrats, you just won the Biggest Retard Ever reward

Small children know interval notation?

Maybe you don't understand

What do you not understand in "simultaneously" you absolute retard ?

You need to divide out a 3, you literal retard.

OP you must have a really good chuckle right now, congrats on the thread

and nothing indicates he used wolfram alpha... except syntax.. that was purposefully chosen to be a global as possible.. nice one

>odd numbered answer
>must be divisible by twelve
KUK

ITT: Austists slap fighting an obvious troll.

Seriously, faggots? 'Here's a fifth grade math question, and the answer TOTALLY isn't the answer.'

Jesus. Go to bed.

The edge is real

yeah bruh, i purposely said the answer is not 60, fucked with their psychology brah

>75
lol nice trole m9

59 seconds, it asks after how many seconds not on which second. I might be overthinking it though.

>three bells chime at once
Kills yourself faggot

>not 60
it's 60, you're mindfucking me, op.
3 6 9.... 57.. I 60 I 63 66 69 72
5 10 15 20... I 60 I 65 70 75 80
12 24 36 48 I 60 I 72 86

So you purposely acted like a fucking retard? Good luck in life.

once every x, y, z

>reading and comprehension

>Small children know interval notation?
No but I could do in grade 3. Couldn't you?

It's a long-winded way of solving it but it's not wrong.

>brah

this is what I was thinking

If the three bells all chime together the first time, then the answer is 61 since the first second is all of them chiming together, then the cycle begins

>They all ring at 3 seconds, then all at 5 seconds, then all at 12 seconds.
Then you need to look up the word 'respectively'. It's used a lot in maths problems like this.

breh youre savage

>If the three bells all chime together the first time, then the answer is 61 since the first second is all of them chiming together, then the cycle begins
The chime isn't described as lasting 1 second. It's also not described whether they first chime on second 1 or second 0. Therefore, we're just discussing the interval between simultaneous chimes.

bruh, good luck in life? bruh you a wizard bruh dont know how to enjoy the little things in life

the bells dont ring ever again because I rig them with explosives so people cant signal for help while I shoot up the school.

gg next question OP

Try and guess the word im thinking of. And its not kitty

Fuck me.
(3/5/12)3 (60)

Every 9 seconds obviously

is it niggers

hahahaha
FUCK YOU NIGGA
nobody give a shit bout what you thankin dumb nigga

IT WAS KITTY!!!

HAHAHAHAHA

ha it wuz trick queshun