If you could erase one of the primary genres from existence, which would it be? For me, it would be rock

If you could erase one of the primary genres from existence, which would it be? For me, it would be rock.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mb7fm6YCAI4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

electronic music

Gotta go with acoustic metal

indie

country

Anything labelled "indie" on Rate Your Music seems to be complete, emotionless, pretentious shit.

>primary genres
>every response so far
>wanting to erease a whole wide category of music just because you can

Even Bee Thousand???

Indie. It's where mainstream rock melted down to shit-tier, DIY, "with-muh-guitar", "folk revival" horsejizz. Electronic rock should be competing with hip hop right now.

hip hop or metal
so much mediocrity for a handful of good records
at least hip hop has contributed to reviving R&B that's any good
elliott smith
thats a lot of stuff

why would you want to erase music and limit what you can listen to?

Progressive rock. Not because I don't like it but I'd love to hear what krautrock would sound like.

>electronic rock
What's that? Homework? Give an example pls

Folk music.

Where are your traditional songs now?

Heh well don't worry user, that's...well, that's already h-h-happening...heh heh...

Hip hop

Meal

things that can stay
>music I enjoy

things that will be erased
>stuff you enjoy

sad funny

OP said genres

indie isn't a genre

Maybe jazz

Agreed. Delete all rock.
Not a genre buddy.

I would trade never listening to my favourite band ever again, for hip-hop to be erased from existence.

Would you accept house as a primary genre
I think electronic music maybe could have been better off without it

Is "new rock" a primary genre? Otherwise, I guess country, but certainly not if bluegrass, or folk, which is awesome. If Gillian Welch gets erased w/ country, than I might go w/ metal, but not if Sabbath or Cream gets erased.

youtube.com/watch?v=mb7fm6YCAI4

>Would you accept house as a primary genre

Why on earth wouldn't you? Its over 30 years old, numerous different styles, hundreds of artists. Its as much its own genre as hip hop.

I don't want to erase hip hop as a whole but I'd love to erase that club garbage that started around the 2000's.

I guess I think of edm as the broadest possible genre category containing house. OP said rock

EDM is an umbrella term for different genres.

Rock is a genre with lots of subgenre labelling.

because people liking things I don't is unacceptable

If you honestly think that then you don't know electronic music too well.