Are the countries in green really THAT bad in contrast to the ones in red? (red being western europe + greece)

are the countries in green really THAT bad in contrast to the ones in red? (red being western europe + greece)

I mean, it's still europe.
growing up I thought they were all utopias, but now I see the green ones always being depicted as awful and depressing shitholes (except for maybe finland estonia and czech republic).
that can't be true.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_alcohol_consumption_per_capita
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_inequality-adjusted_HDI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

calm down Juan, it's just memes

t. has to work 15 hours in the coal mine today for a bucket of potatoes to feed his alcoholic abusive father and krokodil addicted mother

That's only the case for rromania though, the only country to receive foreign aid from South Sudan

I'm not talking about Sup Forums, the world media gives that image of Europe.
how would you say your country is in comparison to western europe?

they probably just mixed your flag and Chad's up

>are the countries in green really THAT bad in contrast to the ones in red? (red being western europe + greece)

Well, yes and no.

There are people living in the east, they (we) have to cope somehow. It's not as bad as memes would have you think. There's plenty of good people doing their best and making the world better for themselves and for others, in private sphere or in civil service too. Many work very hard to catch up, and the west is also being helpful with subsidies and investments (although there are, naturally, some strings attached).

Then again, there are differences in our approach to life that will stick around for some more years until generation who already was born and exposed to the free world reaches retirement age, this along with missed decades of investment that's being only gradually caught up to, sometimes with fraud-induced stutters, produces a noticeable difference and perhaps psychological issues as well.

I'd say there are things that warrant being depressed, but a lot of it is just matter of perception and contributes to us lagging behind.

thanks for honest answer, pavel.

Yes, life is very bad and poor. We hardly have any money to keep us well fed and warm during winters :^)

this

This, we're even poorer than the eastern slav countries. I don't how we cope up with this.

I'd add Czech Republic and Slovenia to western part, but Greece to eastern europe

Oh, and that pic is a poor autist boy who's suffering from famine. Please send us €

Communists.
I'm not fucking joking.

>depicted as awful and depressing shitholes (except for maybe finland estonia and czech republic)
Finland is depressing, but absolutely not a shithole. No reason for us to be green.

Yes.
My dream is to run from Poland and live in argentina as a beetroot farmer.

yes, we earn less
BUT
almost everything is way cheaper than in the west
standards of living are high/very high
only some electronics are more expensive than in the west (you have to work a lot for an iphone for example)
all in all, these are safe, cozy and a little bit poorer versions of western european countries with a slightly different culture and younger democracies

Yeah, its worse compared to western europe, but its not that bad, wr still live better than 70% of the world.
Combine that with the fact that most of the people on Sup Forums had never actullay left their basement and just go with the memes, so their legit impression of our countries is that its some kind of STALKER warzone.

There still a lot to improve, but things are getting better and better with each year amd compared to when i was a child(the 90s)after the fall of the gommunism, its a fucking paradise, at least here.

And then ahain, there is Moldova, which is legit Africa tier, but thats the exception

Would you make beet and wheat dinners?

explain why finland is green?

I know, you should actually be part of the western europe, but your language isn't roman or germanic, it's weird as fuck.
it might be a nice place but for the most part it looks depressing, and even though you seem autistic like the other nords, you're alcoholics like the russians, that's why I didn't.

I do understand that your country isn't a shithole, I mean, just judging by your flag I can tell that it follows the nordic model and I did clarify it's not a shithole in brackets, but surely you can agree that the previous reasons I mentioned are enough to be green.

Why the fuck is Greece green?

WTF!
I hate Argentina now!

FINLAND IS WESTERN YUROP

>*Greece red
Because the OP is an autistic memester and just felt that way.

>I know, you should actually be part of the western europe, but your language isn't roman or germanic, it's weird as fuck.

What?

>it might be a nice place but for the most part it looks depressing, and even though you seem autistic like the other nords, you're alcoholics like the russians, that's why I didn't.

Again what? It's just memes and you can't even meme us to same group with Eastern european slavic countries. Hell we probably gross more income as a country than all of them combined.

>the world media gives that image of Europe.
Western media shiting on us, what the surprise

All nordics are alcoholics, Pablo.

>but your language isn't roman or germanic, it's weird as fuck.
what does the language have to with a country being bad?
>but for the most part it looks depressing
you've been here?
>you're alcoholics like the russians
still things somehow actually get done here

here they're just usually much more identified with western europe than with the east, don't ask me why.
yes, I know they've been economically in ruins for a while now, but so have some others like spain, portugal and ireland.

i wish i was born in finland lad

>what does the language have to with a country being bad?
nothing, but it has a little bit to do with it being eastern.
also, never said it's bad, in fact I pointed out that it wasn't, read the brackets.
>you've been here?
no, that's why I said it "looks" and not "is"
>still things somehow actually get done here
but you don't deny your somewhat unhealthy love for alcohol, or do you?

Finland is not supposed to be green. It's a part of the west, and has a higher GDP per capita than France or Germany. And that has always been the case, too.
That anyone would lump them in with Eastern Europe is pretty preposterous, to be honest.

And in general I think you'd survive in the green countries, too. All the local products and services are probably priced in accordance to the local wages. But imports will be comparably extremely expensive. So food will be cheap compared to the west, but cars and computers will cost around the same as in the west (although they compensate for this to a certain extent by having lower taxes).

And Slovenia is actually on par or even surpasses some of the red countries, so if you're making a map differentiating good Europe from sad Europe, you should color Slovenia red and Greece and Portugal green.

The UK has a shitty drinking culture, too.

We have many Eastern Europeans (Bulgarians, Poles, Serbians, Czechs and Latvians mostly) coming here for work. That should give you a hint on how shitty their countries are.

we could be drinking a lot more desu

why are you so rude with them?

Thanks based Ragnar.

Germany's ppp adjusted GDP is much higher nowadays. Good post otherwise.

>t. has to work 15 hours in the coal mine today for a bucket of potatoes to feed

- Ukraine

> his alcoholic abusive father and krokodil addicted mother
Russia.

East Europe is ok and comfy

It is a Western European country so nothing wrong there

Pretty much, yes.

Romania is underdeveloped as fuck.

Poland and the Baltic are comparable to Western Europe, as are Finland (don't know why you made that red) but the rest is meh.

It really depends on your job tb h
If you are in some sphere like IT/banking/law/sales/etc, you can make basically the same money more or less as in a western country and live like a fucking king since everything is cheap as fuck here, taxes are low, everyone pretty much owns a home and if he doesnt, rent is cheap as fuck(you can get a good 2 bedroom place for like 300 euro)

The problem is that the working class is fucked, if you are the average Joe who does masonry or drives a cab, or whatever, you are screwed, you will make 500 euros monthly at best and thats if you are in the capital.
Which is the other problem, at least here, everything is centralized as fuck, all the money and opportunities are in Sofia, everyone swarms it, while the province is left poorer and people are leaving it, aside for maybe one or two other big cities.
Dunno if its the same in other eastern yuro cunts.

FINLAND =/= EASTERN EUROPE

>it's still europe
>Russia
why are sudacas so dumb

if you asked me which european country drinks the least alcohol, Italy would never have been my answer.

turkey doesn't count becasue they're mudslimes so the stats are fake
and they're not europe.

>Portugal, Greece
>red

>Slovenia
>green

I won't even bother reading your post

Slovenia stronk!

those stats are from wikipedia en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_alcohol_consumption_per_capita

I think OP doesn't understand how countries are labeled as western or eastern.

I am suffering right now dude. You can't even imagine how awful it is, I swear I am withering away. It's horrible, please do not visit Finland, people.

dude you're slavs.
you're literally on the edge of the balkan peninsula.
I don't care if your country is in better shape than germany, you're eastern europe.
that's what the map is supposed to be about, not good/bad.

yeah I know, I just meant the turkey stat, because their religion prohibits the consumption of alcohol most people do it secretely, hence deflating the stat.

italy fucking surprised me though

Hiro should seriously consider blocking the southern hemisphere inferiors from posting here

If its about east and west by that map's geographical sense then you goof'd with greece

tell me I'm wrong.
tell me you're not part of the slavic countries.
that you're in no way related to the balkans.
nobody cares if you're trying to push the "we're central europe guyz tee-hee" meme, that's not what this map is about.

Our Gross domestic product is 30 times yours you slippery gypsy

I dunno. I've been to France and Spain, and the standards seem lower outside the tourist attractions than up here.

With 10 times the population and one of the largest territories in the world it would be embarrassing if your GDP wasn't significantly larger than Slovenia's.

Fuck off we're full

I'd be butthurt too if I was some south hemisphere colonial loser with a sunburned ass

Take that back!

>sunburned ass
you're thinking of equatorial/tropical countries.
it's unironically snowing right now and it's summer

>Russia
>Europe
Here we go again..

Peter the great wanted Russia to be part of europe. Do you deny his will you unpatriotic scumbacg?

desu I dont want to go anywhere that has something in my backyard what can kill me.

Our retarded people betrayed all Peter The Great's ideals. We don't deserve to be a part of civilized world.

Fug off fucking russophobe, we is Europe. Far poor Europe, but EUROPE.

Slovenia leeches nearly as much as poland, per capita, from the EU. 0 reasons to act smug.

You are eastern.

I wonder what Russia would look like today if someone competent had followed Peter and continued his work

At least you have a backyard.

AYYYOOO EHO ELSE /WEST/ HERE?
Ivan...
You have to accept this

>war reparations
>leeching
No idea what you are talking about

Here:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_inequality-adjusted_HDI

But having lived in a few european cities, no, not that bad.
Wages are here are half of what i used to make in western europe, but you can get 1gb cable internet for $13/month even in small towns and a 32cm pizza delivered for $5, i bought my house cash and all my friends did too

EU cohesion, development, social funds are not leeching and neither is agri fund. It's literally anarchist-tier to think they are.
And they most certainly are not war reparations either.

Didn't Catherine the great try to set You back on the right tracks? Nevertheless you have had your moments too.

We only HAD it. There won't be any good moments for this country, unfortunately.

Ivan dont be so pessimistic

Don't be so negative. You dorve us to the ground in the 40s and we had to deal with it and look what where we're now. We were literally 70% farm industry before 50s. Now we're one of the most industrialized nations in europe.

That's because you're not Russians. Russia had its chance to be a good country in 90s and 00s, but we fucked up. I can't image what could happen to change the situation.

Man, finland and sweden is practically same country but finland speaks different language. Even the laws are literally same and there sort of isnt even a border between the countries because you can just walk from finland to sweden, putting finland "THAT bad" region to europe is shitty memeing

I'd rather live in Slovenia than in most of the red cunts.

Nah. Actually, most green countries are fairly similiar in living standard to Argentina but with less inequality.

And Slovak and Czech republic are not that different in lifestyle, just more unemployment in Slovakia, concentrated in East Slovakia.

But Finland does not speak a Slavic language like most of Eastern Europe.

Poland and Baltics are nowhere near Germany or France in wealth. And Czechia, Slovakia and Hungary are on par with Poland, sometimes better.

Do not believe this man's lies. Finland is a post-apocalyptic wasteland.

Tbh that's only because Finland follows Sweden in everything.

the east is still suffering from the bullshit from the soviet union, but they are catching up soon i think.

good people there.

>Turkey
>2
Confirmed not yurp
I'm pretty sure I've had more than 2 liters of alcohol this year from just receiving the Blood of Christ at mass.
Good post
Finland doesn't have bears? Then why bother having forests?
Provided I tend to keep to myself and learn the language, would Hungary be hostile towards me moving there?

>Finland doesn't have bears? Then why bother having forests?
Yes we do, but they rarely kill humans. Maybe once every 5 years or so

>I'm pretty sure I've had more than 2 liters of alcohol this year from just receiving the Blood of Christ at mass.
What a cannibal fuck. Why are you still not in prison?

Thats true, finland is literally 10 years backwards sweden in its politics. Maybe we should just start thinking about ourselves and not our former landlord sweden and specially not our modern landlord EU

Finnish bears are nowhere near as aggressive as american ones. These usually run away from humans unless they have cubs nearby.

read the fucking parentheses for fucks sake.
I said your country is not like that, but I'd still consider it eastern rather than western, that's all.

>Thats true, finland is literally 10 years backwards sweden in its politics.
It may be not as bad as it seems. You still have time not to become a cucklords.

That is the point. Why sweden isnt in green then? everything that applies to finland applies to it

>I'd still consider it eastern rather than western, that's all.

Well then you're as dumb as i thought.

Yes
Never come here

>buttblasted finns itt
wait, what?

They don't want to be in one row with you and especially us :^)