I renovated my flat and one contractor is got paif and is now lying he did not get paid...

I renovated my flat and one contractor is got paif and is now lying he did not get paid. Now he is suing me for not paying him. He is lying to my face he did not receive money from me. What do?

Give him the God damn money you jew

kidnap someone in his family and threaten to kill them unless he drops it

they are fat redneck scum worth nothing. I don't think anybody would even react if one of those scumbags went missing.

One of you is wrong and they will get fucked. Don't stress unless it's you who is the twat in this story

did you keep any proof of payment?

I paid him like everybody else. Why would I want to get in trouble over 1000$? But I am stressing because I might still lose this and lose 1000$ to this worthless lying scumbag.

Do you have records of payment?
If yes, don't worry
If no, you idiot

no, that's why he is doing this. I payed him cash, I'll never do it again. He talked me into it. I was a retard.

If you've got records of the payment, then you're fine. If you haven't, you're screwed.

Protip: never pay contractors in cash.

no, I paid cash, I know I was an idiot. I know ....

Is there any way you might be able to get him to admit to it on tape?

Did you pull that cash out of your bank account right before you gave it to him? It can be considered proof of payment if you did that and can prove you didn't spend the money on other things. Hell, did you sign a work contract with him? Maybe you should tell him that you don't remember him working for you. If he can't prove he did the work, you don't have to prove you paid him.

If in the US, you might want to ask him whether he'd like to discuss receiving cash payments in front of an IRS agent.

make sweet love to him.

You didn't get a receipt? Labourer here, we always give receipts even on cash jobs

no I tried getting with him. He is smart enough to lye even to my face he didn't receive nothing from me.

yes, I pulled my cash from ATM just before paying him. It's not the exact amount though, I pulled more than I needed to pay him because I also needed a few hundred for other things. BUt yes an approx amount was pulled just before paying him.

it's EU

mybe in US. Besides I was stupid enough to give him cash. Of course it would be better to first get an invoice and transfer the money, but I just wanted to be done with it.

You sure there's nothing you could say that could trick him into admitting it? Maybe try arranging a deal with him and using that as evidence?

Was there a contract for work in the first place?

You're in EU? Hire a towel head to Allah snackbar his ass and wipe out his entire family. Only solution

This.

No contract, no pay.

Verbal contact, but then it's he said, faggot said.

Is there proof that you agreed to pay him? You assumed that he was just doing work for you as a friend.

no proof, no contract except verbal agreement, he said I said ....

That's fine that you pulled extra money, it just makes it even less likely you pulled out that money to spend on hookers and blow or whatever. I'd recommend documenting all of you purchases from around that time just in case you do get sued, but unless you have some sort of expensive hobby the fact that you made a huge withdrawal at about the right time to pay him should be good enough for court. It's well known that contractors tend to prefer cash payments, so it's likely the judge will realize what's going on with the missing money.