Eli Manning is a future Hall of Famer and he wasn't even a top 10 QB the majority of his career

Eli Manning is a future Hall of Famer and he wasn't even a top 10 QB the majority of his career.

TO is probably the third-best WR ever and he's not in.

How is this acceptable?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YAQnu7uWQu0
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

TO will be first ballot. He just became eligible for the HOF.

>Eli Manning is a future Hall of Famer
I doubt it.

he was eligible this year and didn't get voted in

I hope you're right
pretty sure you're wrong though

He has Manning in his name, he'll be in.

TO is trash

pretty sure that's gonna happen, since I think he has 3-5 years left and if he continues to play at the same level he played last year for approx. 4 more years, you're talking about a guy who has 2 rings, 2 sb mvps, took down the mighty 18-0 pats and his stats will be top 10, there's plenty of reason to put him in the HoF

Best QB in the NFC East since Eli Manning was drafted:

>2004-2006
Donovan McNabb
>2006-2015
Tony Romo
>2015
Kirk Cousins
>2016
Tony Romo

>2 rings
>ball of fame

(Some of) his stats will be top ten at the end of his career, as compared to QBs that played in a different era. Compared to QBs who played in the same era, and considering there will be better QBs that inflate their stats and push Eli down, I doubt he's going to get in on stats.

I'd say Manning and Cousins were even last year, total TDs favours Manning by 1 and INTs favours Cousins by 3

youtube.com/watch?v=YAQnu7uWQu0

his brother will make the comedy HoF

>Romo

Nope, that fag is always injured

Guess I missed that. Says the little jews thst vote on players felt that despite TO have all time numbers, was too disruptive and didn't play the game with integrity. Sounds like these faggots are just ass blasted he fucked their teams up.

>Tony Homo
>good

more than likely, but I think what gives him the edge is that he had two amazing playoff runs, shit I think if Flacco can replicate his playoff run and win a second then people will start considering him as well, it's not like Manning is Plunkett tire since Plunkett had two runs at da bowl like Manning, but Plunkett had very little in between whereas Manning has started every game since mid 2004 season and performed admirably in the clutch numerous occasions, the problem is he's had years like 2010 and 2013 thanks to that bum Gilbride and his I-miss-the-90s-run-n-shoot-offense

If he does get it in will be for the reasons you stated, the 2 SB MVPs and who he beat in the process. Statistically he does look okay, but that's because passing numbers have become so inflated in the last decade. Someone posted a chart of Hall of Famers compared to their peers. The majority were typically like top 3 at their position during their time in the league. Eli's numbers aren't even close to that.

Eli's getting in, I don't doubt that at all. It's because of the rings and the New York market though. When it comes time to judge his stats he's going to be BTFO by his contemporaries and people that come after him.

I agree, as a Giants fan I'd like to see him get in, the 2 SBs will carry a lot of weight but ultimately his next 3-5 years will decide whether he gets in or not, if he were to win one more (again against the pats pls) he's slamdunk HoF, but if he doesn't win another, I think he might end up being like Kenny Stabler, senior commitee will put him in the year he dies or smth like that

It depends on what the Hall of Fame means to you. If you think it should only host the greatest players of all time, you probably think Eli shouldn't get in. If you think it should be a museum for people that are important to NFL history, you probably think Eli should get in.

i just want eli to get in so namath isn't the worst HOF qb anymore

you for got bob griese

I just find it funny when you look around the league and
>Brady
Potential GOAT candidate
>Rodgers
Potential GOAT candidate
>Brees
Potential top 10ish all time candidate
>Roethlisberger
Potential top 25ish all time candidate
>Eli
Above average QB that has two rings

Here's the chart. Anyway, I think he needs a couple more elite regular seasons (like top 5 in TDs and passing yards, while keeping the INTs down) and another SB to be a slam dunk HoFer, otherwise it's dicey.

eeh, this is what bothers me about people talking shit about Eli, with the exception of 2013, he has carried the Giants every year, the defense has slowly been taken apart from the 2011 team and just past year they started rebuilding, jerry fucking reese is still ignoring the LB problem and I know it's a cliche to use the defense argument, but unless you are a giants fan and watch their games every week, you have no idea how much he has to carry this team, the run game has been utter shit the past two years, the o-line can't run block and rashard jennings only gets 50+ yards against meme teams

nice chart, his past 1,5 seasons have been terrific, too bad his play hasn't turned into victories

what about the time the Giants D won a Super Bowl for him and is the only reason he's even in the discussion at all

which time? xdxd

moron, he didn't have the D winning it for him, both years in 07 and 11 he was carrying the team, sure everybody remembers strahan & co showing up in SB 42 and sacking brady 5 times, but where were they against the Packers in the NFC championsip game? Where were they against the Cowboys in the divisional round? Where were they against the Bucs in the wild card game? That 07 run was all Manning, the SB was when the D was give the Brady's sweet bottom

was given to Brady's*

I've been having a brainfart day fml

Held the Bucs to 14, Cowboys to 17, Packers to 20, and Patriots to 17. You got a warped sense of "carrying".

Plus even if he did carry them in the rest of the playoffs, which he didn't, why is it suddenly okay to forget the entire rest of his career where he was mediocre and only focus on three games where he was good (where he wasn't even that good)

I'm not saying forget the rest of his career and focus on the super bowls, my main argument has been that should he continue putting up similar stats he had last year for the next 3-5 years, he has a legit shot at getting to the HoF.