When did you first discover Fantano and when did you start to dislike him?

When did you first discover Fantano and when did you start to dislike him?

>2011
>2013

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JTfCkp0Juao
youtube.com/watch?v=yapajCdZnjs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>2015
>2015

HELLO MY NEEDLEDROPS

I remember when we used to be his needledrops...now we're just "everyone" and he's LE BEST TEEF IN LE GAME XDD

I thought he was alright until he started getting people like Sargon of Akkad on his podcast. Kinda came for the music not lame "economically right wing and socially left wing" commentary

DAE miss le old Fantano

> 2014
> 2022

OMG FANTANO WAS SO GOOD UNTIL LE STOOPID ULT-RIGHT CAME. xD

>2016
>2016

>2014
>i still enjoy his videos people should lighten up.
The MDE podcast made me realize that Sam Hyde wasn't just acting like a retard and that he's actually trying to push his political views, and from that moment, i stopped finding MDE funny.

i stopped caring about him around when everyone else did, he just stopped being important

>2014
>2015

>1994
>2042

>MDE podcast made me realize that Sam Hyde wasn't just acting like a retard and that he's actually trying to push his political views

you hadn't realized that before then?

>2015
>never since I only stopped caring about what he thinks and I have no reason to dislike him

No because i thought he was playing a character, the shit he was saying in a lot of those videos was just unbelievably dumb. Like his stand up which was so bad I HAD to believe it was meant to be awful.

Then i had that moment of shattered innocence and realized that he's just not that funny, and a Sup Forums edge lord.
His Adult Swim show is so shit i think it's had about two actual good skits.

his stand up IS meant to be awful

Yeah, just pretending XD

Are you really sure of that?
Because it's probably not.

How do you go from getting the joke and realizing Sam is almost always playing a character of some sort to somehow losing that perspective and falling for his schtick?

Unless he's actually always in character, he not playing a character.
And if he is always in character, than he's not playing a character, he is actually the way he acts.

>sargon of akkad
>alt right

It's not like you hang out with the guy. You think he constantly acts like that when he's just chilling around the house with some friends?

I don't know, so i can't make that assumption. Regardless of all of that, his videos got pretty shit after that interview, and then he got that adult swim show, so whatever.
Who the hell is Sargon of Akkad and what's his deal?

He used to be some Babylonian ruler back in biblical times now he calls feminists "schtoopid" on his youtube videos.

So he's one of those antiSJW types

>2012
>Never

I still like Fandango's videos, even though he started the Meme Review.

>2012
>2012

Hmm, I'll have to check his videos to see which ones are among the first I saw.

this

Referring to the youtuber, he's a politically confused idiot that jumps around all over the place from ideology to ideology to some kind of non-sensical mishmash. He calls himself "classical liberal", but he doesn't seem to be consistent with supporting laissez-faire economics.

He got famous for picking apart low-hanging fruit of crazy triggered feminists and SJW types. When he had to debate an actual feminist academic, he got destroyed.

Not that I'm a feminist by any stretch of the imagination. He's just a pseudo-intellectual.

>2013 (?)
>2015

>When he had to debate an actual feminist academic, he got destroyed.
link pls
here's a trippy pic

K, I scrolled through them:

>2014
>I still like his reviews. His meme channel is too obnoxious for my taste but the reviews are still good. I'm not a huge fan but of the NOT GOOD segments but I think he is trying to make a stronger sentiment to the artist as to why the effort was not good rather than just doing it to be pessimistic.

>early 2013
>Mid 2015

I firmly believe 2014 was the last good Fantano

youtube.com/watch?v=JTfCkp0Juao
Kind of a waste of time too watch tbqh, because I don't think either of them make a compelling case. It's just Sargon is too dumb to actually mount a serious argument.

Here is when I stopped liking him:

needing to force the memethony memetano meme

encouraging the most retarded comments section outside of Kripparian

When he stopped using the "its...track..reviewsssss" jingle

Having really weird opinions on hiphop, only getting Kendrick Lamar correct last couple years.

I hate how he reflexively hates anyone established, if you are a classic artists forget ever getting above a 6 even if its your greatest work of the millennium.

He kinda won me back off his election rant and that hilarious Le Tigre rant so I give him a strong 6 again.

>2013
>Never

>I don't remember
>instantly

>2011
>TMR review

>2011
>2011

2011 or 2012. Watched his videos every now and then until 2014. Now I just don't really like sitting through a review when I could be listening to the album instead.

>late 2010
>why would i hate him tho

>2012
>i don't

>whenever Sup Forums took notice of him
>immediately

>2014
>I have 0 reason to dislike him

I can't believe anyone gives a rats arse what this retard thinks about anything.

2015 when I discovered his second channel
Then 2016 when his meme reviews began, it intensified.

>2013
>2015

>2014
>2014

I started to like him in 2016 when he started triggering nu males and meat eaters, and making meme reviews (the superior art form) in an avant-garde format

>September 2013
>October 2013

>2013
>2016

example?

Of?

Immediately

>Summer 2012
>When he started doing those retarded meme videos on his second channel

you spent four years listening to him talk about trap influenced beats and other surface level comments on music, but stopped when he completely deconstructed both reviews as a concept and internet culture as a whole? kys

>Sup Forums hates Fantano
>doesn't stop talking about him
Why is this? Are you all secretly his fans?

When will Fantano go full edgy teen maymay a la Filthy Frank or full alt-right edgelord?
>"This week's meme: the Holocaust"

From this video youtube.com/watch?v=yapajCdZnjs

I'm not even fucking.

>2009
>I don't dislike somebody I know absolutely nothing about just because they have opinions that are different from mine

>2011, when he reviewed Cosmogramma in glorious 240p

>BEST TEETH IN THE FUCKIN' GAAAME

It's a shame cause his nonpolitical stuff is way funnier than his attempts at making a political message. It was painful to watch him trying to trigger people at Yale and either outright ignored or some lukewarm responses. Pretty sure he only bugged one person in the entire video.

EXACTLY, his non-political humor is just dimb wild fun, but his political humor isn't funny, it's just half assed idealism pushing and trying to offend people into beating him up (and it doesn't work) .
I remember after that podcast, he made that unfunny and very drawn out video about papa John's pizza and i pretty much stopped checking up on his uploads after that.

Agreed. I wish they would create a sub just for their own private Fantano circle jerk.

Reason: "but it's just my opinion :)"

>2009
>Still love him

I don't watch his music reviews anymore as I don't care for pop music so much, but I unironically think his meme channel is hilarious

I stopped taking him seriously when he gave Meme Grips 10 and Steven Wilson 5

It's ok user. [spoiler]I agree with you[/spoiler]

>Now I just don't really like sitting through a review when I could be listening to the album instead.
literally this. This is why i don't really watch anything anymore tbqh

>Classic fantano 2008-2011
>Stale Fantano 2012-2014
>Golden Age Fantano 2015-?

Objective opinion here.

I stopped watching his music reviews and watch every single one of his meme reviews, he nails the ironic shit post in yt video perfectly. Actually is probably the only channel that still gets a chuckle out of me anymore

same

>Alt-Right MRA Fantano 2015-?
fixed

kill yourself he has his views and he gets to share them you fuckfaggot

you sound like his fuckfaggot, fuckfaggot.

I watched an episode of World Peace the other day and one of the "jokes" was just him referencing moonman and david duke. Used to really like him but basically acting like an edgy poltard and rehashing Sup Forums humor isn't that funny or interesting to me.
I still think Paradigm Shift 2070 is great though.

>2010
>Never

>2011

>2015

The more you listen to him the more critically inconsistent you realize he is.

The more he reviews the more you discover he's "critiquing" from an utterly lukewarm subjectivity masking as musical journalistic expertise.

The Youtube shekels has gone to his head.

Is only a real "aficinado" on doom metal.

not even best teeth anymore, dude teeth is geting yellow i'm guessing he smokes

I miss the old fantano, straight from the Go fantano
Chop up the soul fantano, set on his goals fantano
I hate the new fantano, the bad mood fantano
The always rude fantano, spaz in the news fantano
I miss the sweet fantano, chop up the beats fantano
I gotta say, at that time I'd like to meet fantano
See I invented fantano, It wasn't any fantano
And now I look and look around and there's so many fantanos
I used to love fantano, I used to love fantano
I even had the pink polo, I thought I was fantano
What if fantano made a song about fantano
Called "I Miss The Old fantano"? Man, that'd be so fantano
That's all it was fantano, we still love fantano
And I love you like fantano loves fantano

>2013
>2016
Don't hate the guy though, just wish he wasn't such an edgelord

>I unironically think his meme channel is hilarious
I thought it was going to be shit but apparently it's pretty fun to watch

>2011
>1985

>2011
>2012

>2010
>Lost interest after a while
>Started to actually dislike him last year, when I watched some videos and it was all Le ebin random memez XD.

I discovered him through DasBoSchitt's channel (the Gmod animator), Fantano voice acted this one character in several videos.

I knew about him already in 2009/10 and he even responded to me with several comments on my channel (back when channel comment section was still a thing on YT). Didn't really watch his stuff until late 2014 when I started listening to music more and more often.

I don't think I dislike him that much cuz at least thanks to him I find out about some new music.

fucklof you cunt fu8ck ogffff your music is shit and crap and you don't klnwo what the fuck you;'re talking about

>cuz at least thanks to him I find out about
buy a fucking magazine then you cunt

brain dead cunts wshat the fuck

>buy a fucking magazine then you cunt
what am I? a fagoot?
I'm not gonna buy some shit when I can get it for free on the net, nobody asked you, sperlord

>2010
>2010

sam hyde is the biggest dissapointment i've ever felt in comedy, because there is actually so much of his work that i find funny (2070 paradigm shift, his boiston paoil character, moms, boston ross which is probably my favorite) but his views are consistent with bigotry and hatred of other people for who they are. it truly taught me that even bad people can be really funny

Just don't watch it then?