May I seriously, unironically propose getting rid of the offside rule?

May I seriously, unironically propose getting rid of the offside rule?

This sport used to be madly entertaining and magical. Let's face it, it became the most popular sport on the planet because of spectacular solo runs and dribbles, beautiful goals, magical players etc.
Right now it's practically a completely different sport. Apart from just a few players there's no creativity, no imagination, inspiration, improsivation, spark, magic anymore. Football looks like chess combined with trench warfare now.

I believe that a MASSIVE change of game rules is necessary. Remember all the changes after the abysmal 1990 World Cup? Backpass rule etc.? It's time for something like that again or this sport will turn into complete unwatchable shit after last geniuses like Messi and Iniesta retire.

Let's have a serious debate about his. Any ideas?

Here's an idea- kill yourself.

Goals wouldnt mean shit then

Each team is allowed to add 1 player at any time for a 10min period once a match

tommorow matches prédictions :
Ukraine - poland : 0-2
North-Ireland - Germany : 1-1
Czech Republic - Turkey : 2-0
Croatia - Spain : 2-1

>North-Ireland - Germany : 1-1
ok la

>80th minute winning 1-0 against Argentina
>Messi is dominating and rallying his side to try and win the game with chance after chance
>Go up and use two feet to break Messi's ankles and injure him
>Take the red card
>Use the extra player and finish game 11 v 11 anyways.

This is why we don't let muslims make rules on anything important

multiball

With no off side rule, you'll have half of both teams right besides the oponent goal keeper waiting for a long pass.

>the polack barca bandwagoner is still this mad his team was simply outplayed by atletico

This.

/thread

This, in late 1800's, schools in Britain that didn't recognize offside rules had positions that were literally meant to do what chile said.

>North-Ireland - Germany : 1-1

He's the same guy always defending Messi 24/7

Anytime someone makes a thread bashing Messi he's always there to defend him

The mental illness on this board is truly frightening

It's weird when you can actually recognise some posters by their palpable autism., like that Putinbot of a German.

every time I see someone with that faggy no-leaf flag sucking off barcelona and messi I know it's him

>The thing you have to do to win wouldn't mean anything

This is God tier retarded.

>Get rid of offsides
>Goals wouldnt mean shit then
How the fuck does that makes sense to you?

just watch copa america

>North-ireland
Triggered tbqh. Result is sound though

no. there is a way around it, it's called having a world class playmaker, or a big man upfront or playing direct/counter attacking football
the only teams that struggle to get past bus parkers are those they fail to adapt on the pitch and those that have weak squads

>Let's have a serious debate about his. Any ideas?
Yes, fuck off.

Getting rid of offside will REDUCE scoring, not increase it. Without offside it'd be literally impossible to play with pressing + a high line which would make sitting extremely deep and counter attacking the best tactic.

>brag about recognising Sup Forums posters by flag
>get it wrong
You were talking about me

player fitness and workrate are different now, instead of 11 with 10 field players there will be more spaces and more opportunities for entertaining plays.

The correct half measure would be another line. Halfway between midfield stripe and goal line. That acts as the midfield stripe does now, where you are not offside when on your side of the line.

This would have the desired result without turning the sport into hoofball

sure thing barca cuck

>being so obsessed with an anonymous Sup Forums poster that you think about him whenever you see a certain flag
seek help

kek

so like the blue line in hockey

So what, that means half their team isnt playing D. In basketball you wouldn't have all 5 guys going for a offensive rebound, make one mistake and the other team gets an ez bucket... Why is this so.hard to comprehend

these desu

May I seriously, unironically ask what is wrong with the offside rule? What kind of issues it causes that result in boring games?

It's just that... when I grew up I really thought this sport is something different. That it's not just about being big, strong and fast, that it's about skill.
I really thought that there are many players that are artists. And back then there actually was quite a bunch, but now?

I don't know, you just hear all those stories about those legendary players, what things they used to do on the pitch, all the magic, solo runs, great goals. You watch freakin Captain Tsubasa as a kid full of spectacular goals and brilliant players conditioning you to think that's how football should be played.
Heck, you think that players actually have personality. Heroes and villains. You know, Maradona was like Che of football, Zidane was the artist, Ronaldinho was like a kid having fun on the pitch, Roberto Carlos was a defender who liked to attack so much he just went up the field and didn't give a fuck. And now? All those fucking soulless dumb robots. The only player with really unique personality, who plays his part is Ronaldo. Most people hate him not realizing what a perfect villain he is. It's entertainment remember? The brilliance of that guy is that he delivers it even if he plays like shit.

Just a rant but it's disappointing realizing that americans really have a point when they make fun of this sport. Now it really is boring, it really is exteremely low scoring. And even some high scoring games are usually just dumb, athletic and fast paced. No magic. No subtlety.

Stereotypical football player used to be a magical brazillian dribbler, now it's a big, athletic black defensive midfielder.

Essentially

You think it's like this cause of the offside rule? Wasn't there an offside rule in Maradonna, Ronaldinhio, Zidane's era?

forget about the offside rule, I just wrote about it because I was so frustrated

the real problem is youth coaching, they create those robots, they discourage any risk taking, improvisation and tricks and promote big, strong, fast and pragmatic players

>hoof the ball into the zone and chase it
sounds gr8 and much better

unironically, actually.

this issue is larger than sports. that sentiment exists in schools, which is why there are so many pointless degrees.

>learn skills to get jobs
>no jobs

Getting rid of the offside rule would make the game terrible, simply a bunch of defenders and attackers close to the goals and one or another midfielder to win the bal and hoof it there.

The problem isn't the rules, it's the fucking trendy tactics of defense-first, of course the Euro and the CL are at fault for it.

In a school as a child in UK, we call it goal scrounging. This is a guy who stands next to the goal and auto scores them all, and he is beloved since he scored.

The offside rule is in place to stop people simply standing near to the goal and waiting for the ball to come.

Seriously, who the hell is saying this is bad?

make it so you can only have a limited set of players in each half, just like with korfball.

5 players in your own half (excluding keeper), 5 in the opponents. You're allowed 3-4 players to switch sides, but you have to coordinate it so there's always 5 players in one half.

People with ADHD.

this is actually pretty good idea, no more parking the bus with 10 defenders and they have to launch serious attack not lame counters with 2 players

Hid

sports constantly evolve, it won't be the way you describe 4eva

I bought all the memes and gave this soccer (football to everyone else) a shot and its literally watching paint dry. Mind you I'm not a student of the game but I can appreciate skill and athletic abilitybut, this is bullshit. Guys just camping in the "skill zone" waiting to boot it away even if you take someone off the dribble or put a nice juke on someone theyre getting mobbed instantly the only goals I've seen have been "free kicks" or put backs.

On another note I watched some "bad teams" according to the memes... will this Messi guy change my mind tomorrow night?

Plus also the term in other sports is 'advantage'. It is called that for a reason, it is ultimately about making a sport competitive.

Imagine enemy gk is there in goal, other teams goal kick. All you have to do is stand behind them to have a 1v1 with gk.

watch gaelic football and shut your smelly indonesian arse already

England today played with a line up made for counter attack against a team they knew were going to park the bus. That is not a problem with the rules.

>Algerian
>Gaelic

Which percentage of laughter should I have?

Analogy is kind of dumb, but basically the case. You have to realise England and Wales were through regardless of results. Slovaika was top 2 in the 4/6 teams going through

9,11%

Teams would defend deep as fuck=end to attacking football.

This is the only logical consequence.

9.11% irish or algerian?

The attackers would endless go closer to the goal than the defense, to to point they are literally in the goal. If there was no offside

Just rework the offsides to be like hockey, add 2 lines to make 3 zones

OP I agree. Every fucking player is a pacey athlete who can't dribble or shoot. This shit is ridiculous.

If it's 0-0 at the 80th minute, release tigers onto the pitch.

i would like some rule changes like a yellow card is sitting 15 minutes on a bench and then you can come back on, would be a huge improvement also the clock stops when the ball is out of play or freekick like hockey and instead 80 minutes or so, also if you lay down longer than a minute you have to be substituted no crybabies

Because in basketball, buckets don't matter. They happen every minute. (one of the reasons Euros in general don't like the game)

>tf
>tt

we need an orange card for flagrant fouls like tactical fouls that deserve more than a yellow card but not a straight red card
hockey style penalty of 5 minutes or 10 minutes like rugby sound good to me

we love basketball here

>implying getting rid of offsides would change that

Then you'll literally just get fellaini tier hoofball where each team parks some tall retard near the goals.

Cmon britbong, I thought you'd know more about football than the clearly trolling OP

>replace logos and "sponsours" with actual team crests
>both goalkeepers start game with hands tied behind back
>must untie selves before being able to use them
>defenders are frozen after "tackles"
>keeper must run out and tag them to unfreeze them
>strikers given permission to throw punches but only if he is possession of the ball
>central mid portion of the "pitch" is replaced by a 5 foot deep pit
>only each team's pit warrior gets to enter if the ball gets kicked into the pit
>pit gradually fills with water until the 90th minute when it finally spills over and creates a muddy quagmire in the whole midfield
>player who feigns injury must call home and tell his mother that he is alright before being allowed to rejoin game (this cuts down on diving)
>actually injured players will be tossed into the pit (this cuts down on injuries)
>instant replay