/daily/ - Homoerotic German Music Edition

It's getting steamy in here.

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>Just when we started to have faith in topsters again. Just use this.

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>Please actually use this it's quite fun

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>The plug jimmy jazz uses RIP

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>come here for op pics, charts, listenalongs, misc. stuff

discord.gg/s5Rv7zJ
>talk shit here

The Skype group is not real, we just put it here as a joke. Haha.

And remember, dance the Mussolini!

Previously on /gayly/:

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcpu.bandcamp.com/album/skeleton
rateyourmusic.com/collection/Jangle_Bojangle/wishlist/1
vocaroo.com/i/s1OPt0BmF6QG
vocaroo.com/i/s04Hb6Q9a7I2
youtube.com/watch?v=zHeml3DwqBg
youtube.com/watch?v=1WrQeBdCHM0
youtube.com/watch?v=PgIygOF5bAs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for the thirst

for the

/daily/? More like /gayly/

That feeling when

benny profane here's a rec:

The Jazz Composer's Orchestra - s/t

bad

I'm like really really?

What's the best Radiohead album and why is it The Bends?

It's the one that has You And Whose Army and if it's The Bends then you're in luck

>ECCO UNLIMITED - NHK Reminds You To Boost Your Signal
I think the ambient soundscape creating side of vaporwave is much more interesting than the slowed down/future funk stuff. I liked how the album was "damaged" so it would skip and cut off at random points. I think that's a neat concept that could be explored further and really fits in line with the repurposing of old sounds aesthetic. I liked the use of drone on the first song and how it created a hypnotic atmosphere where i lost track of how much time was passing. The piano sample in the second track was really nice and the whole thing sounded like it was underwater. The last track was the weakest in my opinion with the repeating vocal sample getting annoying after a while with no meaningful development around it. blue triangle(that's the same color as the album art)/10

Buzzcocks - Singles Going Steady (1979)
>punk rock, pop punk

Mostly glorious pop punk that's sadly weighed down by some tracks that don't quite live up to the lofty standard the band creates with some absolutely spectacular songs. The jumpy, lovelorn "Ever Fallen in Love?"; the beautiful, melodic, wall-of-sound "Everybody's Happy Nowadays"; and the groovy, krautrock-influenced "Why Can't I Touch It" are all absolutely wonderful slices of pop punk, with infectious melodies and wonderful instrumental performances abound. The rest of the tracks are still very good ("What Do I Get?" and "Harmony in My Head" espcially), but none are up to par with the best tracks here, and some even annoy, like the awful opener "Orgasm Addict". Still, I can't deny this comp as being the wonderful slice of pop punk that it is.

3.0+

kid a>amnesiac>tkol>amsp>okc>httt>ir>bends>ph

i liked the vocal sample, but i'm glad you still enjoyed it. ambient experimental vaporwave is best vaporwave. sucks the release has such low of a rating.

(on rym i meant)

So Amnesiac? Ngl, that's probably my favorite

kid a is their best (and its not even that good)

>and its not even that good

This triggers the Dogwander

hmm (loudly)

Have you listened to this album? I think you would like it. soundcpu.bandcamp.com/album/skeleton

i heard one album by him. forget which one tho.
back in 2012, i found his old soundcloud really early on and talked with him a couple times. he was really chill.

pop-punk suxx and if you disagree you're literally immature

can anyone provide with some 80s-90s ambient artists? someone who has lots of good releases to go through.

Parliament - Mothership Connection (1975)
>p-funk

Fun, stupid little funk album. I like what I've heard of Funkadelic more (I've never heard a full album from them, but my dad played them around the house a shitton when I was younger), but this is still a servicable funk album, especially when you think of it as what it is, a fun party album. It's very focused, a rarity for Clinton, mainly because the psych influence of Funkadelic is turned down a lot, making room for more straightforward, synth-heavy hooks and singalong choruses. It occasionally works, like on the classic "Give Up the Funk (Tear the Roof Off the Sucker)", with the famous "WE GOT THE FUNK!" mantra, but it's sometimes a bit too silly and stupid to be enjoyable in a non-camp manner. That's definitely the aim of the music, but I like my funk a lot more grounded in reality, no matter how stupidly fun outer-space-BDSM-funk might be.

2.5+

also, RIP bernie worrell, the keyboards here are incredible.

ahem

how have you not heard atomizer? it's better than songs about fucking by a lot.

fairport convention and murmur are pretty mediocre, you're better off listening to Chronic Town

>how have you not heard atomizer? it's better than songs about fucking by a lot.
good question, it's been on the "to-listen" list in my head forever.

and I'll check out chronic town separately, probably, but I still wanna listen to Murmur. mainly cuz it starts out with my favorite R.E.M. song by a longshot.

aren't you like 12 my point stands

If you don't give that U2 album a 0.5 you have shit taste.

Anyone here into Otomo Yoshihide's work? I've been listening to his jazz stuff quite a bit over the last few days, ONJO particularly. That album has my favorite of his multiple Eureka renditions, and the combination of acoustic and digital instrumentation is really intriguing. I wish I could have seen one his jazz groups live.

fair enough

the first 4 tracks are honestly pretty alright, so idk.

just wanna bump real quick so the thread doesn't die while i'm writing a review aaaa

U2 - The Joshua Tree (1987)
>pop rock, alternative rock

The first four tracks are actually quite great, I'll have to give them that. The first three tracks are pretty, boasting wonderful production work and passionate vocals from Bono, and the fourth track ("Bullet the Blue Sky") is an edgy, passionate post-punk song, balancing serenity and anger perfectly to make for a great track. The rest ranges from decent to poor, to put it bluntly. Most of the tracks follow the same Lanois/Eno-led pseudo-ambient formula of the first three songs, but they're not nearly as memorable or passionate, rather coming across as weak and wimpy. Then there's "Trip Through Your Wires", the band's attempt at a roots/blues rock song, and it's just terrible, obviously. The album's better than a lot of people here give it credit for, but any success this album might have lies only in the power of it's first four tracks

2.0+

Dude, at this point you pretty much are /daily/.
I envy your free time ;-;

I've got about 8 months of this left, then it's off to the real world!

it's actually In Rainbows but the bends is overhated

confirmed shit taste

that was confirmed a long time ago bud

fuck you for using the word "bud"

goodnight bump

sorry pal

Got way too drunk at a bar crawl bump

page 10 bump
check my OC

im afraid i have to disagree with you on that one

Cool meme.

>Homoerotic German Music Edition
my kinda thread

Bowser started off really strong but plunged into mediocrity. It's like if Toby Fox made the soundtrack to a pixelated game where you play as Harambe and you have to dab on flipping waterbottles that try to kill you.

From Rotting Fantasylands is a cavalcade of great ideas that are horribly arranged. I mean horribly. The pacing and the synth palate of this album is downright abhorrent.

Nosferatu broke my silent film virginity. It was a pretty good first experience. What it lacks in plot it mostly makes up in excellent tone.

herzog remake is p cool too

this gets ever-so-slightly better every listen-through

Don't bump or the kid gets it.

This one I mean.

this is not a bump

Same but with Tame Impala's Currents. That one track is surprisingly good at parties

That Neos record is a marked improvement from their debut. It borrows a little more from standard hardcore conventions, and in my opinion it's better for their overall sound.

That Insect Warfare record was quite brutal. 54 tracks in just over 8 minutes. Call me a softie, but this one is just a tad too dry and crass for it's own good. I like my hardcore music to have a little bit of personality and style behind it. The coordination is impressive, but at the end of the day it's just instruments vomiting un-original noisecore phlegm.

shiboast XD

reported for spam

First trip I like to choose an album from here I will listen to right now.

rateyourmusic.com/collection/Jangle_Bojangle/wishlist/1

baby huey
NOW

>First trip I like

(jk I'll listen to it

Best poast ITT.

how's it going friends, rec me something

telstar drugs - s/t

Penguin guide to jazz chart. The whole guide has some amazing picks so I'm hoping to find good stuff in here.

Best toast ITT.

This is what Tim Buckley wishes his post-Starsailor carreer sounded like.

Yeah that guide is pretty dope honestly.

Open Sesame and Four For Trane are both great listens, I'd highly recommend em both. Haven't checked the others out but I'm sure there's some good stuff in there like you said. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on these!

Hype to hear your opinions so I can add them to my backlog and never have time to listen to them.
;)

>tfw it's his only album
Yeah I ought to listen to Hubbard more, I love his strong tone.
Goin' 2 take it slow as I'll also be listening to a fair deal of black metal this November.

>tfw it's his only album
I wish he recorded some originals before he dun died.
I love his sound, and his vocal ability is astounding, but I value songwriting too much to rank this among my favourites.
Everything about this album is great (especially the band arrangements) but I feel it's not a definitive artistic statement from Huey. There's something about performing your own works that allows a glimpse inside the artists' soul, especially with this type of music.
Fantastic nonetheless, I gib 7/10.

I dunno. The version of "A change is gonna come" in this record is extremely different from Sam Cooke's. Either way it's an incredibly solid record with a lot of replay value, hopefully it'll grow on you.
>I value songwriting too much
You should think about doing that Jacques Brel record in your wishlist sometime, if you can understand French, or at least don't mind looking up translations.

>Jacques Brel
I know, I need to; especially since I'm such a fan of Scott Walker.
My French is pretty bad, but I can probably get the gist & supplement the rest with translations.

>There's something about performing your own works that allows a glimpse inside the artists' soul, especially with this type of music.

This triggers the Hampus.

i always looked down on revival movements as a yungin but now that it's happening with one of my favorite genres, i'm p happy

Point Oblivion doesn't add anything new to the nu metal canon, it's a genre work, it's pure fanservice, in fact it's pure Linkin Park worship, and i guess their vocalist sounds like Corey a little bit sometimes but that's about it. softLOUD songs, guitars that function more like a string section than a foreground thing, sing/rap choruses, lyrics refusing to detail the abuse of this nameless "you", ykno. well there's one trap song and a few other hints towards that genre sprinkled here and there. they said they picked this tracklist from about a hundred demos and it does sound like it's simple and quick to write songs with this formula
there's an appeal to this other than nostalgic fanservice but i can't put my finger on it. just the fact that something like this can exist again. it's not like they're reappropriating it to be creative. alongside I See Stars turning to LP worship, dozens of small nu bands popping up like Amerakin Overdose, Jynx, Issues, Sheeva, Sylar, Exotype, etc, it basically confirms Jung's/boggle's idea of the collective onconscious. it's that feeling of overcoming being ashamed of yourself for ..something, like an anecdote from hs about something embarrassing you did that comes with it, it's a pretty good feel. i say nostalgia comes with clarity, rather than goggles

new Korn is p alright too, can't say i was too excited about how that was supposed to go back to the roots. i assumed Korn 3 was that already. their roots were way weirder and more eclectic than this. again, nothing new here folks

oh Dope released a new thing and i bought it but i haven't heard it yet

i feel like i'm still reducing it. anyways how was your week? if you're not gonna do the listenalong anymore you should plug at least guys senpai men peeps

Feeling some Syd Barrett today.

vocaroo.com/i/s1OPt0BmF6QG

>Clipse - We Got It 4 Cheap, Vol 2

This might actually be one of the best mixtapes I’ve ever heard. Holy shit, this is so consistent. It might honestly be on the same level as “Lord Willin”. I’m biased though - Pusha T has one of my favorite flows in all of hip-hop and southern rap is one of my favorite genres out there. The entire Re-Up Gang is actually on here and the lesser known members aren’t too shabby. I’ve always liked Ab-Liva’s features on their albums and Sandman is at least decent. Hell, even Pharrell has some nice verses on here… “Hate It Or Love It” and "What's Up" make me wish he'd rapped more.

Since this is a ‘00s mixtape, there’s only one original instrumental and the rest are famous beats. These dudes did a phenomenal job choosing which beats fit their style though. If I hadn’t recognized a handful of the beats, I would think this was original Neptunes production for the first half. They're a nice mix of heavy and that weird off-kilter style that made The Neptunes famous. The rapping is dope as usual, with Pusha and Malice tearing it up for about an hour.

Cut out a few of the songs with lighter beats, maybe just cut out Sandman (sorry) and this is a potential 5. Definitely worth revisiting, this is one of the best hip-hop projects I’ve heard this month. No idea why I hadn’t checked this out earlier. Right up my alley.

4.5/5

Fuck, I need to fix the formatting on this chart... a little too big.

Anyway...

>Big Star - #1 Record

Heard a lot about this album so I decided to finally give it a listen. This is pretty good for what it is. There’s only so much an artist can do with this style of power pop/pop rock but Big Star manage to make it work. The melodies/harmonies are awesome and the songwriting is solid. On top of that, a fair number of songs on here that could be strong singles so these dudes obviously knew how to craft a catchy song.

That being said, this didn’t really stand out to me in any way in particular. This is cozy, relaxing and entertaining but it doesn’t bring much else to the table. I guess the fact that this was released in ‘72 makes this more impressive though, it doesn’t really feel too defined by one era. Feels fairly timeless in a way.

I think this may grow on me after a few more listens, I need to come back to this again. Maybe I will next week. For now:

3/5

fug

Lots of new stuff, good week

Chvrches was surprisngly much fun, somethign about their style really interests me, still in the end it's just not enugh or something, not that outstanding
Shiggy Jr. was fun, really enjoying japanese pop rock lately

listenalong revival soon maybe
if people are up for it at least

>Chvrches was surprisngly much fun, somethign about their style really interests me, still in the end it's just not enugh or something, not that outstanding
i'd prolly like them had i ever been into Britney Spears and stuff
what's cool about them is that they play that type of pop with a slightly "serious" tone and the relatively wordy yet catchy hook on The Mother We Share, sorta like I Write Sins Not Tragedies but other than that

>really enjoying japanese pop rock lately
so what anime are you watching

>so what anime are you watching
none really
well, I tried FLCL, but meh

>tfw you're selling a freezer online and you get this response
Wtf. I already sold the freezer too.

feeling in the mood for some classic unironic memes myself
vocaroo.com/i/s04Hb6Q9a7I2

It me.

Holy fuck I'm laffin

"no"

The fuck you know bud?

jesus
h
christ

That the word 'big' is now in this thread 11 times.

Crazy Sunshine has the best riff but that animu took me more than one watch desu, i'll admit i'm completely inexperienced with film and stuff

nip pop rock hmm
youtube.com/watch?v=zHeml3DwqBg
youtube.com/watch?v=1WrQeBdCHM0

HOW MANY TIME ZONES?

Big more like Hrbig.

fuck, man

soundtracks for losing control over life please

Musical Abortions

holy shit

>Blink 182
>Green Day
>My Chemical Romance
>30 Seconds to Mars
>Sum 41
Holy fuck, why

i know it's hard for /daily/posters to understand why someone would listen to good music over folk or avanttrash but you'll grow out of that

>any of those bands
>good
what

everybody knows dookie is the high point of western musical culture

No mention of Babymetal?

youtube.com/watch?v=PgIygOF5bAs

listen to this and hang some niggers and kikes my american friends