UNDERRATED TEAMS THREAD

Am I the only one who thinks that Portugal and England are both very good? And by very good I mean top 5 at the tournament.

Both of them created a tons of chances going forward and allowed very little on the other end while being fucked over by finishing. If the inevitable regression to the mean in this regard hits soon (you can't expect Donaldo to keep missing 4 sitters and a penalty every game), then they will be real threats to win the entire thing.

I'm unironically considering putting money on Portugal going to the semis at 11/2 and I'd do the same for England but they're likely to get refballed out by the hosts in the QFs.

At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is the scoreline. You can have all the possession, set-pieces, chances etc. in the world, but if you can't finish then you're not going to get any results. In both our cases, we played against low-rank teams, we'll get demolished when we have to face teams that are actually good.

We've played more positively than France (carried by Payet) and Germany against decent opponents, but regardless we should be putting our chances away. Hopefully when we come up against teams who aren't just playing to draw we can catch them on the counter, something that's hard to do against teams like Slovakia who park the bus for 90 minutes straight.

this bait is rude towards portubros

This is the only answer that matters

>0 wins
>Meme group

I agree

the only things holding them back are 1. the manager for England and 2. Penaldo for Portugal and the fact that both are bad at converting chances

Portugal gets third Place they play England. Second place they play Germany likely.

I hope we get drawn against Portugal in the last 16, should be an open game with both teams trying to win. As long as they don't bring that faggot Ricardo out of retirement specifically for the match.

Fuck playing Iceland or Hungary if it's just gonna be more of what the group stage has been.

England has been playing well in my book, but have been a bit unlucky. Portugal has just been allround total shit.

Ronaldo could have Juninho on his team and he would still take all the free kicks

He will drag them down just like he always has

If you keep playing like you have so far then eventually the chances will start turning into goals. Vardy, Kane and Sturridge are very good finishers and a few games of missed chances do nothing to change it.

Not bait, do you honestly think Ronaldo will keep being THIS wasteful?

>rating Ronaldo at an international tournament past Euro 2004

kek

You can rate him or not but if he gets this many chances in a game he's very likely to put at least 1 or 2 away

>Poland throwing away money

Hardly a shocker at this point

Portugal is pretty dead
they might get a decent result, but talking about them like some kind of dark horse or contender is just delusional

Their route to the semis is currently
>beat Hungary
>beat Belgium
>beat Wales/some 3rd placed team
11/2 look like very good odds to me

when has portugal ever had a good group stage?

thats not how it works hans

Spaintards

Don't put your money on us, our NT is shit and going to lose against Hungary

I predicted the draws against the first two, and I'm certain this will happen

This team has zero heart

Nonsense, Barbosa.
Barbosas always pull through when in dire straits.

England lack conversion of their chances and general polish, though they haven't exactly played great opposition.

sadly this euro is looking bad for you

We've been in a downward spiral ever since the Figo generation retired

The truth is that us being good was temporary, and now it's just a meme propped up by Penaldo's fame

Once he's gone, we'll become not only bad at football, but also irrelevant

People seem to be forgetting that better teams will suit England if anything. All 3 teams in the group parked the bus for 90 minutes (not that I blame them) so it can be very difficult to get in behind defences. Germany, Spain, France, etc will come at England and there will be more space in behind which suits the pace of Vardy and co.

England could go out in the next round, or could win the whole thing. Just so unpredictable, although my guess would be the quarters or semis.

The only team we can possibly win against is England on penalty shootouts

>England
>Good

top kek. they're absolute dogshit. they don't have a single good creative player.

Slovakia were the better team tonight. They executed their game plan perfectly, and made the game happen exactly as they wanted. They wanted a 0-0 and got it.

England were dreadful and couldn't force a single clear-cut chance or make the goalie make a save.

Only because Ronaldo can't ruin yours because he takes his last.

>Slovakia were the better team tonight.

any credibility your post had you just lost

>penalty shootouts

No need for such language.

>England were dreadful and couldn't force a single clear-cut chance or make the goalie make a save.
Vardy one on one with the GK.

If it was Rooney or Kane wasting that chance we wouldn't hear the end of it on Sup Forums

Also Delle Alli forced a goal line clearance and Lallana/Clyne both had good shots on target

We should of won today and finished top of the group, no excuses. The finishing was poor infront of goal.

Comments if we played a better team we would had better chances but if we can't finished in the final third who fucking cares how many chances we get. We had plenty against Slovaks.

I have found our lack of penetration more worrisome than our finishing. I think Hodgson's entire set-up is ineffective

how were they not the better team?

they literally executed their game plan perfectly and brilliantly. the entire match was set up by slovakia to turn out the way it did. the match was on slovakia's foot. england on the otherhand completely and utterly failed. their game plan was a shambles and exposed easily by the slovakians

let england have all the pointless possession in the world because they knew they have a shite team with no creativity. engand could still be playing right now and it'd still be 0-0.

good performance.

who played well for england? no one. 5/10s all round. lallana was the best player and still did fuck all.

its absolutely hilarious to hear all you english morons like ian wright delude yourself thinking you've played so well in these 3 games. you've been shite and only scored 3 goals against wales, russia and slovakia. going to get buttfucked in the knock-outs.

>Am I the only one who thinks that Portugal and England are both very good?
Yes.

by your logic, you would say Greece were the better team against Portugal in 2004, and Havant and Waterlooville were better than Liverpool

>muh heart
>muh defensive wall of players

When has Portugal has a good anything?

5th most peaceful country on earth

>Betting on Portugal

kek
Why don't you just loan us the money if you feel like throwing it away?

Keep in mind that the defense hasnt been tried out by the big teams. Whats to say that England has the defensive rigor to stop France or Germany or Spain from scoring.

>When has Portugal has a good anything?
Most reserves of sardines, all other countries have inferior sardines.

>by your logic, you would say Greece were the better team against Portugal in 2004

of course they were you fucking moron. they won the game.

do you actually read the words that you type onto the page?

we dont 2bh. smalling is a disaster area. that said. a more open game *should* suit is better than playing posession football against a defensive team

Slovakia finished third though and will get fucked over next round instead of having a winnable match. They would have won the group if they scored.

this is correct, we will get fucked over if we meet one of the top 4 teams

England's finishing has been disgraceful. The only thing we hyped up prior to the tournament were our forwards and, as if by design, they've all wasted chances that would have made us look the most confident team in the tournament if converted.

We've also been v. unlucky in facing such negative teams in the order we did. Russia never came to play; Wales were happy with a point and Slovakia desperately wanted to avoid defeat.

The result has been this godawful matches in which we've been playing against 11 man defenses. France etc. have been lucky that their opponents have attacked them.

England are massively lucky that they're on the good side of the draw.

France and Germany look patchy at best.

Fortunate that you can't meet Spain until final. That would be a blood bath. 3-0 and 65% possession.

Italy would also deal with you comfortably.

>This Euro allows 3rd place sides to through
>Some sides gamble with defending with 10 men
>If it was only the top 2 sides which went through Slovakia would have had to push for a win against England
>This makes it very difficult for sides who need space to attack into.

England will do better against better opposition because of this, as will Portugal.

>The result has been this godawful matches in which we've been playing against 11 man defenses. France etc. have been lucky that their opponents have attacked them.

what you really mean here is that France etc are lucky that they actually have good creative players unlike england

players in behind the striker:
spain: nolito fabregas silva
france: griezmann, pogba, payet
germany: draxler, ozil, muller
belgium: hazard, de bruyn, carrasco

england... lallana, ali, sterling

top kek

>Colombia

>You can have all the possession, set-pieces, chances etc. in the world, but if you can't finish then you're not going to get any results.

What an irrelevant platitude.

Why should they keep not finishing?