All the best electronic music comes from the UK

>All the best electronic music comes from the UK
Crazy innit?

haha yeah innit

Datsik and Excision had us licked on brostep, while london was putting out some pretty boring shit to be honest.

yeah ok burial and I dunno, Actress and Holy Other and that were nice, but Oneohtrix Point Never was doing more interesting things, so was Animal Collective and Gang Gang Dance.

The UK dried up a fair amount in recent years, part of that is due to so many clubs closing, so there's not much point making the tunes if barely anywhere is actually spinning them, plus the US indie scene discovering electronics lead to a creative renaissance over there.

The golden era is definitely fucking over. Basically we were dead when Slinky closed down.

Last good electronic music to be released in the UK apart from Burial and BoC was probably Pala by Friendly Fires.

We don't pay for arts over here.

Too busy being a super power & keeping up with cheap labor.

autechre,jamie xx, disclosure cmon lad try harder

looool

heyooo

Kek.

>Datsik and Excision
They are Canadians.

Those are all gash, m8. Autechre are mostly a spent force, they've abstracted themselves as far as they can go and are now just running up against a wall.

Jamie xx is alright but doesn't blow my nuts off, it really is just Radio 1 fodder, someone taking a bit of Holy Other and making it poppier and shoving in the usual soul vocals, it's so obvious

Disclosure is 100% casual bullshit.

You're a retard. I cant believe people still think good electronic music doesnt extend past Sup Forumscore

>he forgot about Boards of CANADA

Yeah that's the point of the fucking post you mongoloid, that they're not British and that the time when the UK was putting out the best electronic music was in the past

People who disagree with that know absolutely fucking nothing about production or electronic music genres.

Since the rise of neurofunk and all of the complex reece treatments that were the hallmark of the genre, dance music in the UK had actually reached a creative impasse, and it was when Datsik released shit like Jenova Project and Havoc/Retreat, and Excision started releasing his shit, the world fucking sat up and realised that the UK was no longer where the new sounds were coming from.

Argue it all you fucking like, you don't know shit. Study Ishkur's Guide and learn something. I was there for all of it.

bristol still has a really thriving scene

>they've abstracted themselves as far as they can go and are now just running up against a wall
eh, i disagree. their 2014-2016 work is pretty singular.

>posts entry level bullshit
innit

Does Sup Forums like Excision and Datsik?

wrong

this album sucks likkle yute

all these britishisms ITT are triggering me hard

tiocfaidh ar la senpai

Kill yourself. It's the only way out.

>this entire post

>Kanye, Kendrick, Beyonce, Thugger

Proven wrong.

oh shit

>study Ishkur's Guide and learn something.
lad...

...wew

>The limited, small amount of popular electronic music i know happens to come from the UK
FTFY