What's the purpose of having an elitist/patrician/good music taste? Does it help you get laid...

What's the purpose of having an elitist/patrician/good music taste? Does it help you get laid? I really want to know if it's something worth investing into, thanks my Sup Forumsthers

its just stupid shit that fags on here do because it makes them look cooler. If you seriously act like your music taste is superior in real life kill youself

The only purpose is to stroke your own ego. People would enjoy themselves much more if they just listened to exactly what sounded good to them.

more challenging arts (previously marked "patrician") are valuable only if you feel like putting your appreciations through a grinder and perhaps developing more and wider perspectives
of itself it will not lay you but it might shift your lay gradient unpredictably

>it might shift your lay gradient unpredictably

what did he mean by this?

I try to listen to music weirdos online consider good cause i believe the term "enrichment" still exists and i shouldn't shut myself out to new ideas and arts.

besides, I'd probably have killed myself without some of the shit i see on here, though i didn't find it all here, and that would just be sad.

Sweet, what do you listen too bro? Favorite song?

You have to be 18 to post here.

I'm 20

no one who has "elitist/patrician/good music taste" has the social skills to get laid in the first place.
those who do generally hide their interest from normal people, for it is usually regarded as a touch obsessive.

>tfw @ new job induction day thing
>organiser asked everyone to bring something that sums you up.
>spend thirty minutes jostling with what cd to take
>beef/dumb down describing and outlining the album so much i make myself cringe.

I cringe every time i see someone do it on here, reeks of insecurity and they're completely deluded if they actually think having elitist opinions makes them look cooler

People don't like people who hide their interests like that, especially since it's no big deal. It makes you come off as pretentious/like you think they're all idiots, instead we all want to learn more about you user

you clearly fall in the "no social skills" category.

highly leveled individuals are more than capable of knowing when their audience would have no possible chance of understanding anything they want to say

You're assuming I pretend to enjoy Peter Sotos or Whitehouse. But just a general life lesson, most people aren't as inexperienced or stupid as you'd think, and genuinely just want to learn more about you. Nobody likes a closed off elitist :)

>What's the purpose of having an elitist/patrician/good music taste?
Self-discovery.
>Does it help you get laid?
There's more to life than that.
>I really want to know if it's something worth investing into
If you are asking these questions, it clearly isn't for you.

Not that guy but Peter Sotos produces interesting stuff and Whitehouse is great

>most people aren't as inexperienced
when it comes to serious hobbyists, most people are on different ground
>or stupid
it can be hard (and tiresome) to make the nuances of a hobby understandable to the uninitiated, but maybe a good challenge once in a while
>Nobody likes a closed off elitist
i'll start teaching once i've given up on living

I actually get what you mean by this. I often try listening to music out of my comfort zone such as ambient, and my musical taste does change as i've come to appreciate ambient whereas before it bored me.

>people are going to think you're too quirky and silly because you listen to Churches and Death Rips

come ON!! :)

This could have been an intelligible, perhaps slightly prolific sentence, if only you had used punctuation.

i deserve greater memes than this, my dear friend

Soul-searching.

Peter Sotos ruined Whitehouse
>What's the purpose
Pleasure. What other purpose is there for anything?

I told this girl I liked death grips once and she said to fuck her in half. shit was cash

>Peter Sotos ruined Whitehouse
This is bullshit, Bird Seed is their best album

Cruise was great too

No, it gets you nothing tangible. like any art form its just for personal consumption and hopefully expanding of creative horizons.

I got to know the cute girl that sat next in my history class because we shared (somewhat) similar tastes in music.

She has pretty normal taste overall, but is a big fan of funk music, thinks Psychocandy by the Jesus and Mary Chain is a great album, and also listens to Can.

Teenagers that think this way have the hardest time accepting that nobody is exceptionally special save a few one in a million, and that they aren't one of those people.

Being able to break social norms is a high status quality

MOMMY GIVE MILKY MILKY

yes it can get you laid my dude

There's nothing wrong with delving into music deeply, just like any art form. If you're searching for something genuine, the line between absolute honesty and pretentiousness is often very thin so you shouldn't feel bad about any of it.

However no, like all art music won't make you cool, get you laid, shit like that. Only betas use music as an accessory. You don't have looks or muscle, what do? Compensate through "art". Its dishonest but that's where you get pseudo quirk core like grimes from.

Very few people that actually claim to be "into" music have a genuine interest anyway. After spending too much time here most "artsy" people have the exact same taste and can't articulate what they even like about anything without just using empty terms that sound important like "uncommon time signatures," or "post ___". Half of rym is quick to put Kierkegaard and Pynchon and sun city girls on their favorites but it's paid fully obvious they are just using its image.

Tldr no it won't but losers still pretend it will anyway