First own apartement in two months

First own apartement in two months.

Currently buying stuff like towels, dishes and so on.

Any tips/warnings?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/YbQqLPx
boards.Sup
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

if you care about food, get good knives
buy a plunder before you need a plunger
ALWAYS get at least a double bed

Buy a gun.

check for mold/water damage
make sure all the sockets and pipes work
if youre renting make a list of damages/cosmetic issues before you move in and have the owner sign so you dont get confusion about what youve caused
instead of asking for gifts at housewarming just tell people to bring something if they have too many glasses/plates/cups/dinnerware and such(most people over 50 have way too much that has just accumulated over time and will happily give it)
visit the neighbourhood both during the day and night to get to know the area

Never let anyone else move in with you

also there are lists like this on the net worth looking up
imgur.com/gallery/YbQqLPx

same. just bought a new house. actually 2, because the value of my last one rocketed unexpectedly. i've planted an orchard, bought all bosch kitchen appliances at great cost so they don't break for decades, had nice, cosy thick carpets put in, turned one bedroom into a grow room for muh 420 and bought a 50 inch tv connected via hdmi to a gaming desktop. bought a few faggy little decorations, sculptures, candles, art prints. shitloads of booze etc for the grils... feelsgreatman.

Make sure you turn on gas/water/electricty BEFORE you move in

Had to move in earlier than anticipated and I had to use candles for like 2 days

ITT: neets dreaming of owning their own home

nah i'm legit bruh. posted about this recently.
boards.Sup Forums.org/biz/thread/1277752/#p1277752

studied abroad for 2 years, anyone in a 1st world country can rent an apartment on government support

Except in England unless you're female

Make sure for the 1st couple of weeks be prepared to move your furniture around, odds are you won't keep it in the first place you put it.

Don't wait on your landlord to fix shit.
Make a deal with him for you to do repairs and have the costs of the repairs taken off your rent for that month. Keep every receipt.

as for dishes etch buy everything chap, then replace the stuff you use all the time with good stuff, you'll realise that you don't use a lot of what other people call "essential"

If you grab curbside furniture never get mattresses/couches and any wooden shot dose with cleaner to avoid BEDBUGS

I remember my first apartment..... Slum lords, rats, and spending over $500/month to run the heat. Smh. Have fun.

appliances plugged into sockets still use power

Chili is a delicious meal that can be made in a large amount and then stored in your freezer for the better portion of an eternity without going bad

tupperware is king

Buy in bulk

never go cheap on bed/linens, it's a third of your life and directly determines how you'll feel the next day. Memory foam mattress toppers and microfiber sheets (cheap on amazon) will change your life

if you have to have roommates, choose people who you already know and are reliable

three largest power users in the house are your oven, the washing machine, and the shower

meet your neighbors, at least make sure they don't hate you

if your building has security, make sure they know their face, it can help in case you ever do anything wrong. I've bought my building security doughnuts once, never gotten a noise complaint.

>Memory foam mattress toppers and microfiber sheets
yeah these are the shit. spend like 100 on a 3-4 inch topper and go for egyptian cotton sheets with a thread rating of 400-800. don't scrimp, you get what you pay for.
have you acquired a vagina yet to clean the place?

>This
As someone who has shared apartments and currently lives alone, having a place to yourself is the way to go

have you imposed your dominance on the neighbourhood yet? you don't want people to think you're a pussy. find the biggest person on the street and punch him, then fuck his girl to be sure they understand.

Save enough money to be a month ahead, a minimum of $1000. There will always be problems and you don't want to starve when they happen.

Yes, this. Some landlords are scummy bastards and will steal your deposit

Sign the shortest lease available if you're new to the neighborhood. Worst case you high tail outta there after finding out your neighbor is an asshole who blares music at odd hours and his goddamn dog won't stop barking.

Also do this

Currently room mate with some fag, we alright most of the time. Keep shit clean but have certain things that piss me off. Like right now we are battling out the air conditioning, this retard turns it off or keeps it at 78F which is unbearable in my room cause the sun hits my window.