Headphones

What kind of cans do you use Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

hifimediy.com/sabre-dac-uae23
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

AKG K712s.

They're great.

Audeze LCD-2's

Beyerdynamic DT 880
I got them recently and I am magically better at mixing

Victor HP-RX700

pretty great for being $50

i have my buddy listen to the song and then yell it really loud in my ear

Sony MDR 7506 With Velour replacement pads
IF I had to upgrade what would you recommend would be the next step?

been using headphones under 20$ my entire life. got me a pair of AT ath m40x headphones 3 days ago and now i'll never buy anything below 20$

Never refer to headphones as "cans" ever again

i was thinking of getting these

they seemed really good for the price

I really like them
They're clean, they don't fabricate anything and while they may be a "bit" flat I think it offers a nice balance in all the sound and it's my first "audiophile" headphones
The reason I got the Velour replacement pads was just for comfortably sake and it made the sound a bit more warm which is fine. I highly recommend them myself.

they remind me when you could go into the mall and listen to music at the store

Akg K550 and a pair of sennie 555s

>LCD-2s
Have yours repeatedly failed for no fucking reason at all?
I'm on my second pair under warranty and they've taken a combined 7 trips overseas. I'm jealous of their jetsetting lifestyle.

Any headphone recs ~$200 or less?

Sennheiser Momentum, I might have fallen for a meme but I like them

sennheiser hd 598

Akg m220. Was a limited edition colorway of an existing akg headphone. These sound nice, and pretty flat, but pleasant. Not harsh on the ears like the headphones I use for djing, some pioneer closed back headphones. Perfect for home or studio listening.

M-Audio HDH50

Thank you, /hpg/

Beyerdynamics DT770 80ohm

They really make music a completelly different experience.

fuck up cunt

i fuck your mom in asshole faggot

All youse are bustas

Same.

For my guitar amplifier AKG K240 with velour ear pads
For my electronic drum kit SONY MDR V6
Retired portable use headphones Sennheiser Momentum
Retired Stationary use headphones Sennheiser 558 with foam mod
For stationary use Sennheiser 650
For portable use AH-MM400 with upgraded audiotechnica ATH-MSR7 ear pads.

Amplifier and dac Schiitz Magni 2 and modi
Portable audio player my phone with 120 gig micro sd

I got 2, 200 micro sd cards recently, after this weekened I'm going to be getting a fiio x5 ii, which has to micro sd card slots and supports FLAC.

AKG K533 Pro, with a Fiio E10k amp/dac

Same, except I have the M30x

fuck off gearspammer

I fell for the audiotechnica atm50x meme :(

Lmao dude I'm not spamming, I'm just posting my setup. I remember there being a dude who spammed his obsessive gear setup with all these headphones over 1000 dollars each and his vinyl record setup. Stop fucking bullying me because I choose to care about high end audio equipment, god.

fuck off, nobody cares about your turntable

Open-back or closed-back?
If open-back is an option, go for the Beyerdynamic DT 880 or Sennheiser HD 600. On the closed-back side, there's the Beyerdynamic Custom Studio, Shure SRH840 or 940.
All those are pretty neutral, should sound similar to your cans, but with more details and stuff.

At home: German Maestro GMP 400. Sounds really similar to the Beyerdynamic DT 880 and is really comfortable.
On the go, Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro. They're good, but IMO they're better if you boost the highs via EQ

sennheiser HD 215

+awesome in that price range
+non fatiguing and somehow neutral sound
+good comfort
+no need for an amp or dac
+great for movie and game too

-build quality sucks like the rest of the sennheiser headphones
- leather earing gets warm during summer and long listening
-lacks bass(i mean boom boom, overall the bass sound is great)

>mfw headphone cable snapped
shame too, they sound great for on ears of such small size
>no warranty left on them either

don't

just buy a new pair when they break

Anyone has an updated or recent headphone chart?

Thanks in advance

Shitty soundcard notebook here - do phone quality even matter that much at this point? How expensive can/should I go?

I use Philips 1900 SHMs for 6 years and been thinking about moving up for a change.

Same

lmao

you can get a usb DAC for cheap that will blow away your onboard sound. also "gaming" headsets usually have shit sound

I use phillips new Fidelio l2s. If u wanna stay in the phillips brand, I highly recommend them. They could be a little more comfortable but otherwise I have only great things to say about them. Maybe the larger version with the bigger headband would be best.

Oh god, no... I bought a very similar Philips once (in terms of anatomy) and it hurt so bad (I use glasses). The thing I like the most about the 1900 SHM is the comfort, will probably go only for models with huge cups like that.

Interesting to know! I'll look into it. The main thing for me is how low the sound is in this notebook, even my previous 6 years old dying laptop is louder.

is the audioengine d1 DAC a meme for headphones?

Is planar magnetic a meme, or is it actually worth it?

Soundmagic E10s at the moment. Had them for a year or two

Going to use a pair of Sony MDV-V6s after I'm done with these.

I still want em but god damn why couldn't they stay at $60

>MDV-V6

MDR-V6*

I have pic related for mains and they serve me WELL

When I'm feeling like a hedonist I toss on some Sony MDR MA 900s into a tube amp and just fap myself to sleep.

pic related

Sennheiser Momentums. Perfect sound.

How do you like those? I have been looking for a decent pair of in ear headphones that will not break after a month of use like my few pairs.

Likewise

I was wondering, my mobo is really the most basic you can get, is getting a DAC something I need to for a higher quality of music, or are quality headphones enough?

Both is better than either one, but headphones are the priority

Great headphones on a normal DAC will sound
good
Shit headphones with a great DAC will still sound like shit
Great headphones with great DAC => thumbs up friendo

alright, guess I'll head over to hpg to learn which DAC do I want

you could be mega happy with just this hifimediy.com/sabre-dac-uae23

>he calls his headphones """cans"""
I hope we never have anything to do with each other in real life.

Looking to upgrade.

Anybody know of any open headphones that have just as good a soundstage, but with better bass?

Forgot pic related like a dolt.

on the other hand, my headphones aren't underpowered (or I've not realised) and I don't hear any noise or anything similar, so I might not need to get a DAC anytime soon.

I use earbuds
>tfw too poor to afford sick ass beats by dre

Second best headphones I've ever tried. (First being the Sennheiser HD 800).

Sony MDR MA-900
+ very lightweight
+ comfort
+ great bass for an open back
+ well put together
+ amazing soundstage
+ great for (female) vocals

- fragile
- only sounds amazing at max. volume
- needs a lot of power to max. out volume
- expensive at 300 euro's
- highs can be harsh
- headphone proportions
- non removable cable
- discontinued by manufacturer

If you can get them below 200 dollars/euros then you should def. give them a chance. The headphones have a cult following online.

Any way to know when volume's too high that it could hurt my hearing? Because of this fear I'm listening to music on quite low volume, but I belive that may be ruining the experince in many cases.

Should get a decibelmeter. There are apps for it, not sure how reliable they are.

Different headphones have different volume. It also makes a difference if you're using closed vs. open headphones. Closed trap the lows in which create artificial bass.

These bad boys.

I'm not exactly sure what exactly do you mean when you say decibel meter, do you have a certain product in mind?

i still listen to trash cans

They're very sturdy (made of metal) and have good quality for the price
Would definitely recommend

>Is planar magnetic a meme, or is it actually worth it?
not a meme, but not worth it either. if you can find them for a good ass price, go for it

m50xs here

Look at you with your "i dont need letters on my keyboard" keyboard.

Posted this multiple times and haven't recieved an answer..

I recently switched from Logitech G35 to ATH M40X's.. and the M40X's for some reason sound worse. The maximum volume isn't loud at all, and it sounds pretty flat. Any song that I use to think sounded grand doesn't really give me that punch

>Living life as a broke student
>Using ten dollar pair of wireless headphones
>Would much rather have Bose QC35
feelsbadman

these velour earpads have changed my fuckin life, best headphones I've owned by far

they're supposed to sound flat

any other he400i bros in here

mine broke after about 1.5 years

Shure SRH440, they're aight

Sorry to hear no one else has X2s, I guess I have to have the best headphones ITT to myself

Just the regular coke kind.