Let's settle the discussion once and for all

Let's settle the discussion once and for all.
Who is better, CR7 or Messi?
strawpoll.me/10541640

>Let's settle the discussion once and for all.
This hasn't been a discussion since ~2011

Iniesta is better than both.

Except parts of 2013, 2014, parts of 2016, parts of 2015

You know, how most reasonable not dickriders would see it

The discussion is closed since 2010. Messi is the best in history.

>Except parts of 2013, 2014, parts of 2016, parts of 2015
Uhmm, no. The only topic of debate in 2013 and 2014 was who's better at that very moment since Messi was injured for half of 2013 and a few months in 2014, not who's the greatest footballer of the modern era.

>durrr hurrr messi was injured

This is such a stupid excuse, Ronaldo has had plenty of injuries, sometimes at the same time, including 2013 and 2014, and this season. This is not an argument

The point is that it hasn't been an end of discussion since 2011, there have been numerous points where you could argue Ronaldo was better at the time

Get the giant manlet cock out of your ass for once

>there have been numerous points where you could argue Ronaldo was better at the time
Wow, so almost exactly what I said.

Too bad this thread is about the best footballer of the modern era and this discussion has been closed for years.

>wow so almost exactly what I said

Actually it wasn't even remotely close to anything you said. You said it wasn't even remotely debatable at any point, it has been, and you brought up bullshit injury excuses that were easily refutable

You should touch up on your human language

>Actually it wasn't even remotely close to anything you said
>The only topic of debate in 2013 and 2014 was who's better at that very moment
The topic of who's better overall has been closed since 2011. Messi is far more skilled, has many more team trophies and more personal accolades.

>the only topic of debate is these two years

So in other words, it hasn't been case closed, at all, and there have been points where you could actually argue it. And no those aren't the only points of contention, just the ones you decided to address

Looks like someone is rigging the poll for Messi

yeah, common sense

>doesn't mean he's better overall

You're a fucking moron

Here's what you said

>CASE CLOSED NO DEBATE SINCE
>>Well that's just simply not true, there have been many points including entire seasons where this wasn't the case
>LOL THAT DOESNT MEAN MESSI ISNT THE BEST HAS BEEN SINCE 2011, MUH INJURIES
>>Well here's where your wrong on that
>LOL YOUR RETARDED THIS IS WHAT I MEANT

You're a stupid fucking subhuman, please learn to speak human before talking to one

You're so dumb it's not even funny.

Just because there were some points in time when Ronaldo might have been better doesn't mean he's better overall. There were many points, even entire seasons, when Pavel Nedved was better than Zidane, it doesn't mean that Nedved should be called the best midfielder of the late 90s/early 00s.

Why do you seem to think that typing my opinions in full caps, omitting 50% of them and adding a few lols and muhs makes them incorrect?

The debate on who's better overall has been closed since 2011. Just because there were moments afterwards when Ronaldo was better doesn't mean that there were moments when he was the best footballer of the modern era, which is the question OP asked.

There wasn't a single moment post-2011 when you could have said that Ronaldo has surpassed Messi as the best player of our time

It's sad, I didn't omit anything, those are your words surmised into your idiotic spastic attitude. You're literally getting mad at capital letters

>has been closed since 2011
This is where you are wrong, and fail to realize, you even acknowledge there are points where this has been contendable

You are either pathetically backtracking this time or just have a very poor grasp of English. You cannot say there are contendable points then say "CASE CLOSED"

>which is the question
And our discussion has been about your idiotic dismissive case closed remarks

Again, it hasn't been case closed since 2011

>where you could have said Ronaldo surpassed Messi as the best player of all time

No, but as the better player

And no, OP didn't say "The best player of the modern era" that's something you've fallen back onto to make up for the fact you are utterly wrong on this 2011 thing

And yes there have been single moments that you acknowledge and bullshitted with easily refutable excuses

Stop being such a retarded fanboy, it is absolutely cringeworthy to read, I myself think Messi has been better in your arbitrary little time period, that doesn't mean it hasn't been a case closed question, numerous periods where Ronaldo was the better player

>OP didn't say "The best player of the modern era"
The question in the strawpoll literally says "Who is the best player of modern times?".

Can you fuck off now?

polish cr7 fan detected

The question in the OP said that, my mistake

That's like a fraction of my entire point though, but very tactical cherrypicking though, an idiot like you would take that as something valuable

The point is, you said "case closed since 2011" and have backtracked constantly, and you are simply wrong on this which is the main point

Now you please fuck off

*didn't say that

Name one moment post-2011 when you could've said "Cristiano Ronaldo is the best footballer of our era" (not "Cristiano Ronaldo is better than Messi right now") and explain how exactly did he surpass him.

There has not been such a moment since 2011.

We literally already discussed this and you acknowledged it but refuted it with "muh injuries" which was complete bullshit

Kek. Why do Polish people love sucking Messi's cock?

Nice calculated goalpost moving again btw

I acknowledged that there have been points in time when Ronaldo was better in THAT VERY MOMENT. Not that there have been points when Ronaldo could've been considered the best player of our time.

Being better at one moment doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. There were also points when Neymar, Suarez, Iniesta, Muller, Robben, Bale etc were better than Messi (and Ronaldo too). Doesn't mean that they're in the discussion for the best footballer of the era.

>could've been considered best player of our time

Moving the goalposts again, it's really not relevant anyways since we're still arguing the same thing I suppose and since when in God's name could you conclusively say Messi was the best of all time in 2011? That's utterly absurd

>doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things

Except in this argument

>were better than Messi
For much shorter periods of time and to lesser degrees than Ronaldo

Clearly if there have been points where you question this post 2011, then it is completely relevant to the discussion

You're just trying to deliberately confuse everyone at this point to save face, unsuccessfully I might add

>muh keylor navas
>muh halal madrid
>muh cr7
>inb4 pu70

Ronaldo is not even a top 10 player from 2000-2016

Messi is arguably top 3 all time

>Ronaldo is not even a top 10 player from 2000-2016

>flag
>post

>Moving the goalposts again
Those were the goalposts since the original post. "Who is the best footballer of our time?".

>since when in God's name could you conclusively say Messi was the best of all time in 2011?
Not "all time", but OUR TIME, you fucking retard. It was a debate in 07-11 and in 2011, Messi pulled away really far and Ronaldo has not come close enough to reopen the debate.

>Except in this argument
Then name the moment when Cristiano Ronaldo could've been seriously called the best player of our time.

I suppose if there was such moment it could be mid 2014, after Messi's down year. But I still can not think of the criteria you'd have to apply to make a good case for Ronaldo being the best of the era in mid 2014.

>since the original post

But you talked about since 2011, clearly this hasn't been the case, since it has been debatable at numerous points, meaning numerous periods of times

>but OUR time
Now you're cherrypicking at fucking semantics, congrats you dumb fucking subhuman

>in 2011, Messi pulled away really far
According to you

>and Ronaldo has not come close enough
Clearly not, again, you acknowledged this, came up with bullshit excuses, and then just tried to argue non-existent semantics

>name the moment
Again, we literally discussed this, how many fucking times do I have to get this through your manlet cock stuffed thick skull?

This isn't hard

I'll make this simple for you

It has not been case closed since 2011, you'd have a better argument by saying this season or 2015, the fact of the matter is that Ronaldo has shown to be the better player at numerous periods since 2011

Is that so hard to understand even though you even acknowledged it

Your stupid ass is literally only arguing stupid semantics at this point

And by better player, it's more to say, the case hasn't been closed at all, just in case you sperg out from this

Who the fuck voted for CR?

fucking autists

>it's a "Mexican gets arrogant before getting fucked in the ass" episode

He's better than Ronaldo but not Messi

All me

>it has been debatable at numerous points
Name those points. Note that being better at one point in time (or even having a better season) does not open the debate on who's had the better career.

>According to you
Me and many others. This was the year when Messi won the league (his 5th, Ronaldo had 3 at the time) after blowing out Ronaldo's team 5-0 and the CL (his 3rd, Ronaldo had 1 at the time) after scoring one of the best goals in CL history against Ronaldo's team and then putting on one of the best performances in CL final history. I'd say that's enough to claim Messi pulled away in this race in 2011.

>Clearly not, again, you acknowledged this, came up with bullshit excuses, and then just tried to argue non-existent semantics
Ronaldo being better in the year 2013 does not reopen the debate on who's the best of our era. If having a better year is enough to open a discussion like that then we should also include Suarez since he had a better 2014 than Messi.

>Again, we literally discussed this, how many fucking times do I have to get this through your manlet cock stuffed thick skull?
Yeah, we did. And you still did not name a moment when Ronaldo could've been considered the best player of our era.

Look at Ronaldo vs Iniesta. Personally, I think Ronaldo is better but if someone puts greater emphasis on other skills/achievements/trophies then there is a case to be made that Iniesta has had a better career, hence, it's a debate. There hasn't been such a debate between Messi/Ronaldo since 2011. And if there was, please point me to the exact moment and how could one make a case for Ronaldo being the best of an era at that point in time.

>name those points

We literally fucking discussed this you dumb aspie

>me and many others
No, you're the only person saying 2011

Your argument about 2011 completely ignores their seasons overall were very close, team and individually, the CL being a very controversial series esepcially

>I'd say that's enough
That's because you're a retarded fanboy

>does not repoen the debate
Yes it does, entirely, especially since it's 1 or 2 (depending on how you count it) years removed from 2011

>we shoudl also include Suarez
The difference here is that Suarez wasn't in contention with the two since 2011

>yeah we did and you stil ldid not name a moment
We literally have, we are literally discussing it now you dumb fucking retard, this is about disputing your claim since 2011, if there are NUMEROUS points especially very close to 2011 where this is not the case, then clearly sayign since 2011 is fucking retarded

You are such a deluded fanboy you are willing to look as fucking stupid as possible for the sake of an autistic manlet that does not even know of your pitiful existence

You are pathetic. And dumb. Congratulations

I asked for one simple thing.

How does one justify naming Ronaldo as the greatest player of our era post 2011?

If there is no way to justify saying that then how can it be called a debate?

Because there have been numerous points since 2011 where that has been in debate you fucking retard

This is literally been spelled out for you multiple times and you fail to even remotely understand it because you're a retarded autistic fanboy

You are saying CASE CLOSED SINCE 2011

This is not the case to anyone except your retarded ass

Then tell me HOW was it still a debate post 2011. For an issue to be a debate, there must be a compelling case to be made for both sides of an argument. Some retards claiming otherwise doesn't make something a debate, we do not say that there is a debate on whether Earth is flat just because there are quite a lot of people who still claim it is.

The last time when one could've made a compelling case for Ronaldo the best player of our era was late 2010/early 2011. If you think otherwise, then tell me how does one justify saying that after 2011.

You are literally the dumbest sack of shit on Earth, if there are points like in 2013 and 2014 and parts of other years like we already fucking discussed then it clearly hasn't been cased close since fucking 2011 you gigantic retard

>the last itme

According to you and no one else, because you're a fucking retard, we discussed this multiple times, you are a hopeless fucking aspie who needs to get a life outside the autistic manlet

If you think it was a real debate in 2013 then tell me how could someone justify saying "Ronaldo is the greatest player of our era" in 2013.

And if there was no way to justify saying that then why do you think it was a debate?

The pollack is right here, since 2011 there's no real debate about which one is better.

>inb4 somethe amerifat will sperg out about some cold and hot streaks
Messi was better than Ronaldo in easily 90% of the games

Here you are yet again fucking backtracking and moving the goalposts

This puts it into debate, it doesn't make it conclusive, it puts into debate, I literally don't know how much more I have to shove this into gigantic fucking dumb ass

You are utterly hopeless, if there is a question, if there are even seasons where Ronaldo has been better, then this clearly puts it into question, your original reference point of 2011 is an already arbitrary point to begin with

You don't understand this because you are a fucking retard. Get help

Except 2013, 2014, and parts of other years

If you think the answer was inconclusive in 2013 then what were the arguments for Ronaldo being the greatest player of our era back then?

If you think the answer was inconclusive then surely there must've been some.

Answer that and I'll admit you're right.

>this amerilard sperging out

lol, just accept you're wrong bruh

This is what your retarded ass keeps not fucking understanding, it puts into question, meaning it makes Messi's contention for being the best since 2011 utterly wrong

I'm sorry you're a subhuman European who can't comprehend basic fucking human

This is literally the most simple concept

>Messi is undisputed since 2011
>well except these years where he wasn't

That fucking simple

Messhit fanboys are pathetic

>B-but he score hattrick against the mighty Wolfsburg
>B-but he score more than 30 goals every year in la liga

Arabs. They're unironically his biggest fanbase.

As opposed to the literal majority no-life autists on Sup Forums that voted for Messi

Arabs are the hands down worst sports fans. Biggest fucking bandwagoners on the face of the Earth.

The one who gets a Copa America/Eurocup first.

You still have not explained HOW does it put it into question. You have trouble understanding the difference between having a better season and having the better career. Just having a better season does not open that debate when the other player still has more team trophies, more individual accolades, better career stats and more purely footballing skill.

Andriy Shevchenko having a better year than Ronaldo in 2004 did not open the debate on who's the best striker of the 95- era, since Ronaldo was still clearly the superior overall player when taking their entire careers into account. Just like Messi's career > Ronaldo's career, even when Ronaldo was having a better individual year.

>it's really chinks though

Do you really trust more a normie casualfag which will see CR7 as the handsome strong athlete than the autistic fan that autistically analyze and follow each game and have rightfully concluded that the manlet is the GOAT???

It's simple, when there is some promising players they will be called next messi , nobody called next c.ronaldo

I've explained multiple times, I can't possibly imagine how you can't think that a player having multiple years, especially after 2011, being better than Messi completely shuts up that Messi has been undisputably better than 2011

Like how fucking actually retarded are you, serious question, it is utterly incomprehensible how you cannot understand this, I can only assume your absolutely autistic obsession with Messi is clouding this

I have literally flat out layed out both our arguments clearly and concisely and you still don't get it, you are a worthless and hopeless autist

>just having a better season
How about 2? How about decent parts of other seasons?

God you are so fucking clueless, it is absurd. You said since 2011, there are excpetions, like 2013 and 2014, meaning Messi hasn't been undisputed since 2011. God you are fucking stupid

me

[spoiler]did it for the memes[/spoiler]

>I've explained multiple times
No, you keep dodging the most important question. All you do is keep sperging out about Ronaldo being better for some periods of time without explaining how did this make his career arguably better than Messi's.

How could someone argue for Ronaldo having had the better career post 2011? If you can't answer that then it means there was no debate.

I haven't dodged anything. You've just been ignoring the entire fucking point this entire time and completely strawmanning everything.

>how did this make his career arguably better than Messi's

It doesn't, this isn't the fucking discussion you fucking retard, no matter how many more times you move the goalpost, it proves that it is inconclusive and fucking demolishes your original stupid point about it being undisputed since 2011

You are a fucking hopeless retard

>this isn't the fucking discussion
But it literally is the discussion. The OP's question was "Who is the best football player of modern times?".

To me, being the best player of a certain era means being the best in terms of skill and backing it up with team trophies and individual accolades. 2011 was the year when Messi pulled ahead in all of those categories as this was the year when his skillset has almost fully evolved, his team won a lot of trophies with him as the leader and then he was presented with multiple personal accolades for that year.

When a player is more skilled (skill at their peak and over the course of the player's career) and has more personal and team trophies then, in my opinion, it closes the discussion on who was the best. Messi has been ahead in all those categories since 2011, and even when Ronaldo was better in 2013 and 14, it still didn't let him overtake Messi in any of those.

I just can not imagine anyone making a case for Ronaldo being the best football player of modern times, even back in 2013. And if you can not make a case like that then there is no debate.

>it literally is

Then you said "it's been cased close since 2011", you even acknowledge Ronaldo has had two seasons and different points in other seasons where he has clearly been better and where this has been put into debate

Your fundamental misunderstanding of this simple fucking point and everything involved with it, makes anything else you've said, utterly worthless and unworthy of being acknowledged of

In short, you're a stupid fucking autistic fanboy who should get help

What has been put into debate in 2013 and 2014 was whether Ronaldo was better in 2013 and 2014 (and rightly so, it was a debate with Ronaldo winning that particular debate).

It did not put into debate whether Ronaldo is the best footballer of the modern era. And if you think it did, then explain how.

why do people keep saying Cristiano is the best?
I mean, last 2 RM champions has been thanks to Ramos/Bale. Bale is way better right now than that fucking crybaby.
CR7 is not relevant now. The fucking press and Sup Forums autist keep bringing him

>what has been put into debate

You are fucking hopeless

Utterly hopeless

>it did not put into debate

It puts into debate your claim that Messi has been the best or been the better player since 2011, making both claims inconclusive

You are a pathetic excuse of a human being. Your life is literally dictated by Messi. You are worthless

>thanks to Ramos/Bale

In the final, the one just a few weeks ago he scored the winning penalty

Literally Sup Forums is the only place that actually thinks Ronaldo is some irrelevant player now

Better dribbler, finisher, passer, vision etc etc
Messi
Only delusional spics and kebabs think this is even a discussion, it hasn't been up got debate in years
Suarez > PK7

>in years

To retarded fanboys like you

>your claim that Messi has been the best or been the better player since 2011
Where did I claim that? Just because Messi hasn't been continuously the better player doesn't put into question his status as the best player of the era.

What hasn't been up to debate is who is the best player of the era.

What has been up to debate is who was the best player at that particular time.

Two very different things, you can be unquestionably the best player of the era without being currently the best player in the world.

>has many more team trophies and more personal accolades.

Who gives a fuck? The fact that he isn't a low IQ hack and can go through defenses like you wouldn't believe matters. Him winning La Liga doesn't. He didn't do that alone.

>where did I claim that

This conversation is over. You're a fucking retard, fuck off

>This is where you are wrong, and fail to realize, you even acknowledge there are points where this has been contendable
>You are either pathetically backtracking this time or just have a very poor grasp of English. You cannot say there are contendable points then say "CASE CLOSED"

You are by fat the stupidest faggot I've seen all week.

And that's saying something.

Nobody gives a fuck if Ronaldo is better than Messi for brief periods. Everyone knows that Messi is the better player, regardless of form, including TSUU himself.

Those results. Did Messi ask Suarez and Ryu to make multiple accounts?

judging by this thread the only thing dumber than slavs are americans
who would've thunk

>tf
>tt
od

>Who gives a fuck? The fact that he isn't a low IQ hack and can go through defenses like you wouldn't believe matters. Him winning La Liga doesn't. He didn't do that alone.
Literally the first thing I mentioned was "far more skilled". Skill is always more important than trophies but you can't just disregard what a player won.

Your opinion doesn't matter, you don't understand the discussion like slavic compatriot. Here's your (you), Omar

Your flag and opinion on any topic is worthless, you are from a cloudy sunless shithole where there they tolerate an entire fucking city of degenerate autism and heroin addicts

ยด>being this mad
careful not to get shot the next you leave your home

You're so mad you can't even greentext correctly

Careful not to kill yourself like every other cucked scandinivan

Final by penultis is something great now?
Wow. That match was shit and CR7 was fucking nothing the entire match and you are telling me he is RELEVANT?
L2football, soccer scum

I understand it perfectly. You're an unintelligent autist, the worst kind.

Nobody said great, just mot irrelebant youre also blatantly ignoring everything leading up to the final

How about you learn to anything, spicco

You clearly don't, because otherwise this wouldn't be an issue and we wouldn't be having this little discussion

You're just being a spiteful fucking autist because an American is being opinionated about soccer, more specifically the autistic manlet your worthless fucking life revolves around

People who voted for Ronaldo, how do you justify this?

but he is irrelevant
put nacho or whoever up there and could have done a better job

>soccer
nah you're just an idiot

>Amerilard BTFO so hard and resort to insulting in the end
>Can't even explain why Ronaldo better, because there isn't any lmao

>no Buffon

I refuse to answer

>Scored winning penalty is accomplishment now
WEW LAD

Keep in mind I haven't once said Ronaldo is actually the better player, that's not even remotely the discussion

Unfortunately you're just a malnourished retard impoverished retard like all these other fanboys that have nothing to attack my argument with other than stupid shit like this It's cringeworthy fanboyism because people like you have nothing else to celebrate or live for besides the accomplishments of an autistic manlet spic

Now you're not even trying

That's not an argument, and that's only a portion of what I had to say

Of course you're a dumb worthless shitskin who still struggles for grains of rice so I don't understand you to pick up simple linguistic cues that a regular human being understands. Enjoy the Warriors shirts

*don't expect you