This is what happens when you're ignorant of music theory and have no sense of rhythm

this is what happens when you're ignorant of music theory and have no sense of rhythm

Other urls found in this thread:

frasierfir.bandcamp.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You get an album with a cult like following?.

It's really good tho.

Sure, and end up poor like Phil.

You're making being ignorant of music seem appealing

The fact of the matter is that if you are able to pick up a guitar or sit at a piano, and write a song, you aren't completely ignorant of theory. You have to understand it to some degree, whether you just picked it up organically from messing with an instrument, or some other informal avenue. You can learn through playing songs, and having an understanding of the guitar's fretboard or the piano's keys. It obviously won't be as deep of a knowledge as someone who learned it formally from a teacher, but it's still a knowledge to some degree

Also, Phil is a decent drummer, so he has a sense of rhythm

hell be fine

I want you to give me 5 relevant artists with multimillionaire careers that know music theory.
Wealth doesn't correlate with talent, top 40 is almost always guaranteed garbage.

But it such a good album OP :( why you hate?

Phil's only poor because K Records owes him mad cash. #boycottcalvinjohnson

Yeah, the strange fucky rhythms are clearly intentional and sound pretty cool.
Like the guitars in the glow pt 2 wouldn't have been made by someone with no sense of rhythm.
You couldn't say that he is ignorant of music theory because every song makes sense in music theory, and he's not intentionally straying away from music theory.

One of my fav albums, whats wrong with it?

AND IM GLAD IT HAPPENED

IIIIIII TOOK MY SHIRT OOOOOFFFFF IN THE YAAAARRRDDDD

Considering the instrumental outro of Glow pt. II is my favourite musical piece ever composed, I'd argue they did just fine

(you)

>music isn't about music, it's about getting rich

thats probably my favourite too. and thats saying a lot considering the amount of music the is lol. it's so good at conveying this weird kind of emotion i cant even really put into words. the melody is pretty sad but there is some element of acceptance to it and hope maybe? the arrangement is superb. the different layers have so many edges but they are arranged in such a way that they fit together perfecly and cancel each others edges out.

and good music have nothing to do with virtuosity

she was really cute ... :,(

;-;

Kafka and Van Gogh died poor with their work completely unknown.

>I need attention

> music theory

That's it! It's just another teory. Like conspiracy or any other theory. Theory can be trie or wrong but theory doesn't mean absolite truth.

so why hasn't he sudoku'd yet?

>Bach is out there
>this pleb favourite piece of music is the outro of Glow pt II

When will Sup Forums get it?

Because he has a daughter

when will you stop being an autist and understand that people are allowed to enjoy whatever they want?

>off-key singing
>clipping drums

Is this some sort of meme like ITAOTS?

>HEY GUYS I JUST LISTENED TO TWO MINUTES OF BACH ON YOUTUBE WITHOUT PAUSING ONCE ARENT I PATRICIAN????

you really owned them bro

frasierfir.bandcamp.com

yes because there is no such thing as absolute truth in science you idiot. gravity is also just a theory yet you still dont fall off the earth.

>off key sining
nice pit you got there mate. he's not off key he's just not a super good vocalist.

What about the weird guitar strumming patterns? Oh my, edgy as fuck. So experimental and progressive.

*pitch
if you actually knew anything about music theory you'd realise how much of a retard you are. music theory just tries to put some structure into music so that it's easier to communicate ideas or understand what someone else is doing. it helps to make us understand how to create certain musical effects. and everyone who understands music theory knows that its not all encompassing. it doesnt try to. and yes knowing music theory can sometimes limit our own creativity a bit as opposed to someone trying to find shit out on his own, but it's not like music theory actually puts any restrictions on anyone.

Yes he is

His falsetto on the title track is just laughable

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ONE SAW

>k records can't pay phil because calvin has no money
>boycott them until they pay phil
capital-K Kek there

Fuck off and listen to the Glee soundtrack then please

DO YOU
REALLY
THINK
THERE'S ANYBODY OUT THERE

Nice argument dude
Did you learn that in middle school?

You don't know what off-key is lol

He's poor because his wife just died of cancer and, like the good non autistic man he is, went into debt to care for the love of his life in her dying time
You'd get it too if you weren't a theoryautist

this is what happens when you're ignorant of music theory and have no sense of rhythm

>thinks liking baby's first baroque is patrician
Here's a tip: people were saying the same shit about Bach in his day

dumb ignorant microphones fan

I've listened to Bach before, he's great and I love his compositions but to say he's the end all be all of music is foolish and ignorant

then who is?

There isn't one you pleb

Sure there is, and bach is much closer than the microphones

HAvent you heard?
Bach shamelessly copied mr microhones

well that means all music has no rythms

this
op doesn't know what he's talking about
this album is literally the only album to ever exist

>my dream album dont exist
>at the age of five it slit its writst

your dream album does exist, but it's literally just the glow pt. 2