Be 18

>be 18
> caught with 1oz weed girlscout cookies
> officer weighs it says its 26g under a gram (realized i rolled a joint but forgot where i put it)
> get a ticket saying to go to court july 9th in oakland

This is my first time getting caught and going to court, anyone with similar experience know what my punishment will be?

25g under a gram
25 grams under a gram
>wut

Kek, i meant under an oz

You will prolly end up having to go to a few classes and it will get dismissed. Unless they have a municipal law where it is a $300 fine or something.

sup user, i got busted last year with 2g of bud. got cuffed, taken in a cop car to the pig house, finger printed and photographed. and taken back to my car and told to go home. 2 months later went to small local court didn't have to say a word my lawyer did all the talking. i just had to sign a paper saying i wasn't going to flee the country. 2 more months later i went to county court house. i was accepted for ARD and was bunched in with DUI people. all i did was sign another paper saying i was there, the whole lot of us had to say i do out loud as the judge read us questions. i got 1yr non supervised probation and 10 hrs community service. not a big deal, i was pissing my pants at first, now im pissed about the money i spent. the lawyer alone cost me 2500. it was more or less a shake down, no one cared i was smoking weed. you'll get through this.

depends on the state youre in
might serve jail time
might just pay a fine

Im alright with paying a fine,nit sure how I can gather time for classes.

Thanks to Prop 47, you'll mostly be receiving a fine and let go. They can't arrest you at all for possession unless you planned on distributing, which you didn't even have enough to take 2 puffs out

It'll suck cause the tickets are phat but enjoy the gif

Well make time man.

As I said, Oakland so in cali

rot in jail junkie

>not realizing the lawyer prob saved you from a worse fate

i call bs

you deserve nice things

Kek

Problem is, you are in the wrong state.
Washington, Oregon, and a couple others is totally legal. Eventhough the pigs are douches, you can smoke bud in front of them and they won't give a fuck.

I had a friend who overdosed on Mary jane.

He was a good man, hard worker, had a wife and even kids.

Then things got hard for him... he hit rock bottom.

He called me the night before he overdosed.

"Hey user..."
"Hey man, you okay?"
"Yeah, bro all good. Things are just difficult right now."
"That's good to hear, let me know if I can help man. I know Judy and the kids love and look up to you."
"Thanks for the talk."
"No problem."
"Hey, one more thing."
"What's up?"
"Check 'em."

You're fine, went to court for the same shit. Basically if you get caught with weed in California and the weed is under and ounce, then you just get a misdemeanor charge and either have to pay it off or take classes on "drug awareness".

would have been worse without the lawyer m8, that 2500 bucks made your life considerably easier.

Better call Saul.

The cop was just being a dickhead, I live in LA cops here just talk shit about your weed saying its stress or dumb shit like that, and either take it, throw it away, or let you keep it depending on their mood.. Mind you the times I've been "caught" we're on the street walking and smoking or sitting and smoking. Not in federal building or anything like that..

Dey be lookin fo big boi drugz..

It's decriminalized on the state level so it depends on Oakland's specific rules.

Thing is im in Alameda, right next to oakland, mainly higher class people and not many negroids so cops are assholes here.

I got caught up with that in Cook Co (Chicago) before they decriminalized it to a municipal offense.

With the new law, they don't arrest you, but give you a ticket for a court date and normally a fine which sounds what you are in for. That's good because it doesn't really end up on your criminal record.

But I got hit with it before that law, so I got arrested and I-bonded out 45min later. Gave me a court date, had to go to 4 weeks of classes (2hrs on Friday night) but 2 were holidays so I really only did 2 classes. Went to my return court date and it all got dismissed. No fines or fees or anything.

Get a card op. You'll be able to carry that Oz no problem. Just don't be smoking out in public

>19
> stone cold atheist, not going to argue or anything just dont give any shits at all
>Driving home one night, pulled over, said I swerved, bullshit.
>Motherfucker is the one K9 cop our fucking town has
>Forgot about half a g I had in glove box
>Fuck
>central Arkansas so this is the equivalent of shooting herion in a preschool.
>Get hooked and booked
>Go to court
>Smug jesus freak judge asks if im ready to get my life back on track.
>lolok
>spend the next year of my fucking mondays going to Celebrate Recovery, its state sponsored AA but with an hour and a half of fucking church before small groups.
> Have to sing christian rock songs for hours on end.
>Agony
>No drugs to make this even partially bearable
> Start smoking and drinking just to get through it.
> go drunk 3/4 times.
>More talkitive and fun now
>Everyone thinks im just accepting jesus into mah heart.
>Get to talking with one of the leader guys and find out that every peson that they take from a court equals about 250 dollars over 6 months for the program.
> Jesus AA turned me into an alcohol for 500 dollars worth of funding
>They had pretty good cookies though.