youtube.com/watch?v=bWx_GyTLGmQ
youtube.com/watch?v=UAPVcsDOU9U#t=1m29s
youtu.be/lIm3jgSHcbs?t=122
fgnguitars.com/jmy_al_m.html
youtube.com/watch?v=5KKYJD09qCk
youtube.com/watch?v=t1jwXjhrfJk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

vocaroo.com/i/s0iwaZzVTZza
Can you tell that this is the intro to children of bodom?

I have already given up, that was months ago.
All i did was memorize a few chords and tried a few exercises but it's just all work and no play so i couldn't force myself to keep doing it.
Maybe I could have fun with guitar if i could play something but if i have to study and do exercises for a few hundred hours first then it's just no fun.

A few chords is all you need to play along to songs, but whatevs.

you are the type of guy who need to jam before learning chord, you need the fun before the practice, and then it'll give u motivation.
Just play whatever that sound good on ur guitar, don't use chord, play with friends, and maybe later learn some easy music like punk rock.
You will want to learn more if it's begin to be a game for you

>Just play whatever that sound good on ur guitar
Could you elaborate on this?
I think you're right but I'm not sure what you're suggesting. I can only play alone unfortunately.

focus on playing on 1 (or 2) string, you can do a good number of good riff with 1 (or 2 ) string (sum41,blink 182, green day, Linkin park etc)
try some notes, once you get something you think is good, try to combine it like you will do for a sentence, try to make "sing" your guitar.
Then do it on every string, but only when you want to play of course remember that it's a game.
More you want to play, more you will play, and more you will get better.
If you do this some weeks you'll start to get the skill you need to begin to actually play what you learn with tabs.

If you don't like tabs try something like Rocksmith or Yousicien

The fuck?

I think he is tying something too difficult for him xD
CoB is fucking hard man
youtube.com/watch?v=bWx_GyTLGmQ

is it worth buying pedals for my line 6 spider IV or should I save up for a new amp first it's only for bedroom playing and a bit of recording so idk

You can learn songs, user. Look up some pop punk and commence the chugga. Three note power chords max, usually just two.

Don't give up.

What's the hardest and easiest song to play on Marquee Moon? (Richard Lloyds parts)

Are you trying to use the pedals to make your amp sound better or to make a palette for a sound you want?

If it's the former, I suggest getting a new amp.
If it's the latter, then it's good for you to keep the pedals when you save enough for a new amp.

I would save up for a different amp, if only because I have heard a lot of bad things about the Spider amps. Really depends on what you want to do, sound-wise, though.

Hey mind if I post some gear in here?

1/4: Most of my guitars, both of my amps: PRS McCarty Korina Soapbar, Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet, Fender "Thin Skin" Jazzmaster, Ibanez Artcore AF-105, Vox AC15hw1, Egnater Tweaker 15.

2/4: PRS SE 277 Semi-Hollow (baritone)

3/4: 1999 Fender American Standard Jazz Bass.

4/4: pedals.

want want want
Whats the artcore like? I was interested in some variant of it before I bought my florentine epiphone.

I think while saving up for a new amp I'll buy the odd pedal during the saving up just to be sure because the clean channel isn't that bad really for what I want it's just that using the effects on it is tedious because you can't mix it up much

Here are my stupid guitars.
1. Fender Stratocaster (Mexican Standard)
2. Squier Bullet Bass MIJ '83 (Didn't get it with original pickups tho)
3. Epiphone Firebird (Probably the shittiest guitar in existance)
4. Cort Ce304T

How is the Boss Fuzz my man?

I really like the Artcore line a lot. I had an AS-73 before that was great for the price. I switched out the pickups for Seymour Duncan Seth Lovers on the AF-105 and I don't plan to ever sell it (also I dropped it and there's kind of a gash in the finish on the top so I wouldn't get anything for it anyway).

Sounds like this: youtube.com/watch?v=UAPVcsDOU9U#t=1m29s

Do you mean playing along to songs? That could work, how would you recommend getting better and progressing from that?

I've been kind of learning to play the guitar for 3 years now with less than impressive results. I haven't fapped for the last two weeks, I feel more concentrated and creative, like I could finally make some progress. What are some techniques or resources to pump up my skill?

Why is the Firebird a shitty guitar ?

You're not serious right? If you are, kudos on having the courage to post this.

Just buy the Guitar Grimoire and learn a bunch of scales.

Definitely get an amp first. As far as tone goes, your amp is like the biggest contributor. A shit amp will sound like shit no matter how many pedals you put in front of it.

In ranking of importance for tone:

Amp>pickups>strings(gauges)>pedals>everything else.

the way you attack the string with or without your pick is as important as the gauge/winding/tension it has

Yeah, were talking about things he can solve by just throwing more money at it though. Not so much technique.

As a bass player, could I just bring a DI box to all my gigs rather than a big fuckhuge amp? I don't have a car

You sure can

You could, but you'd be relying on the venue's PA system, which is probably in very questionable condition and doesn't sound great.

Mate, he plays bass

The quality is absolute shit. I bought it when I had very little knowledge about guitars. And it's produced in China

Fucking LOLOLOL

prs = apple
LP headstock and a whamwham
Shoegaze master
a routed archtop

re-evaluate your life choices

If PRS are the Apple of guitars, then why don't I see hipsters who use their Macbooks at Starbucks play them a lot?

Gibson is a much better equivalent as a comparison to Apple.

Is the Earthquaker Pitch Bay any good as a pitch shifter? I know earthquaker has a good reputation but I would like to know from people who have actually used it

Not the user you're replying to but yes. Try not to think in terms of 'how will this make me improve' all the time. Experience will always help. And also playing along with songs will teach you things like staying on tempo, listening to the bass and drums and locking in with them. It sounds like you're putting a lot of pressure on yourself right now. Try to split up your practice time a bit tp always include something fun and easy; playing along with easy songs, making silly noises with effects, whatever.

Music is a lot of fun and you don't need to have all your theory and technique up to snuff first before the fun begins. There are lots of songs that require very little in that regard to start playing. Punk and pop punk are good places to look. And also, you will learn the importance of palm muting when you play those genres (learning!).

Should I get this amp as someone who has been playing guitar for about a year?

My guitar's E and A strings make a lot of noise when I'm playing power chords, it's not so noticeable when listening only to the amp but it bothers me somewhat.

Is this normal? It's kinda like some buzzing sounds, they only disappear if I play very softly, but what's the fun in that? It's not like I'm strumming that hard too.

I just bought this. It has 40 pages manual.

Ask me anything.

why 40 pages?

Just got a Gibson Les Paul Studio, sounds SO much better than my last guitar (RG7321 with D-Activator in bridge) it's unreal.
Amp:
>6505+ 112 combo
Pedals:
>Tuner
>Maxon 808 overdrive
>ISP Decimator noise gate
>Memory man

What pedal should I get next?

No

That amp is like MXR making a banjo.

>bassist going through divorce
>we have a long history
>i introduced her to her husband
>been dating her for a couple months
>drummer mistakes our band's group chat for a message from her
>drummer shows up for practice
>tell him about me and bassist
>find out she made out with the drummer last week
>my first thought
>"we're actually a real band. this could work"

ATTN: STRAT DUDES

>What pickups do you have?
>Did you change/upgrade them, and if so what did you have before?
>What kind of music?

I installed a series/parallel switch to my jazz bass today, It sounds pretty cool. It's noisier but it has a lot more midrange, bass and it's louder too. The switch only cost me around £2 so I would recommend doing it if you have the time.

Thinking about getting a guitar with a Floyd rose, anything I should know?

Sound advice. It drives me mad when people complain about how their tone sucks and either have a cheap amp, shit pickups or haven't replaced their strings in 6+ months. Strings are the easiest thing to change and bass players are especially guilty of not changing them enough. Unless they are using flatwounds, then they can be forgiven.

Yes. Don't do it. Antidepressants aren't free.

I know this is not on topic, but this has to be the saddest crowd in rock history, especially the moment I linked but also the entire crowd.
Pls kill me
youtu.be/lIm3jgSHcbs?t=122

because it's modern technology. you can connect your phone and adjust loads of parameters, including 45 overdrive/fuzz/distortions engines

You're going to need to pay someone every time you want to change the strings unless you learn how, which is pretty challenging for beginners.

So don't get one.

It's not that hard man.

For someone with no clue it is.

I need a guitar that can handle standard C tuning. Any recommendations?

Better Ibanez or Chapman.
Or custom if you can

2-humbucker set-in 25.5 maple neck guitar
body = basswood or alder?

Pic related is my German Warwick Rockbass NT 5. Best bass I've ever held and nothing comes close, anyone else sporting a Warwick these days?

Any guitar with a 25.5" scale should do fine. My recc is a cheaper Schecter like a used Omen.

*German Warwick NT 5
Fuckin lol, this ain't a Rockbass. I should probs go to bed since it's 3:30am here.

Guitar I got at the beginning of the month, ET Katana 7 string, single Lundgren M7 in the bridge, greatest rhythm guitar ever.

Recording guitar mainly = Alder
Live guitar = Basswood

Personally I prefer alder. But Basswood is lighter so I appreciate that aspect. Although I believe it doesn't make a *huge* difference to your tone, basswood usually tends to help achieve a mellower tone imo.

fgnguitars.com/jmy_al_m.html
I have one of these. Comes from the factory in drop C tuning.
It's made in the same factory as Ibanez Prestige guitars but costs less than any Prestige or comparable Schecter. Insane value for money. The neck is especially nice, because the profile is asymmetric.

That looks pretty sick, always wanted to try one of those, don't think they make any lefty. Should be getting one of these in the near future once the sale goes through, will be setting it up in dropped C for slam/BDM etc.

No lefties, it seems. Ibanez Prestige is always a great choise though. I bought that one because Ibanez didn't have good hardtail models available here at the time and it was also cheaper.

Any regular scale guitar, when set up properly, will handle C standard.

Venus is p difficult

simple uh... See No Evil I guess?

Les Paul can handle B just fine too.
youtube.com/watch?v=5KKYJD09qCk

>basswood usually tends to help achieve a mellower tone imo.
Is it true that you can achieve a better les paul sound using basswood than the original mahogany les paul

>tonewood

but it's so tiny

You'd get used to it. Most of the time it would make sense that frets are closer together.

Guitar lessons at my local guitar store or lessons at some random dudes house? Where should I go for the best guitar education?

Bb too.

luthier

perhaps your tiny baby hands got used to it
as for me, fender feels quite small

marry a music teacher

I don't own a Les Paul. All four guitars have 25.5" scale. Why are you so defensive about your hands?

just get the Buckethead signature LP then

YEAH, how to google motherfucker. but heres some spoonfeeding.

It's not hard to setup or string a floating bridge unless you're a complete retard. A ccouple attempts and youtube videos, you should be good.

The sharp edge and bridge posts get dull after awhile (years). You have to learn to sharpen and maintain them.

That is seriously as good as I can play but I didn't seriously believe that anyone would recognize it.

Cortfag's entry level industry theory:

>The name at the top of the headstock means nothing. A guitar that you enjoy is a good guitar worth your investment.

>Always try before you buy. Buy online to save money, or support a local store which is better for the economy.

>Woods make no discernible difference in electrically amplified instruments. You're paying for a design. Acoustic is the only exception to the tonewoods myth since the sound reverberates through the top of the guitar, affecting its natural tone, and different woods do sustain differently.

>Samick and Cort make the majority of the world's guitars in their factories in China, Indonesia, Vietnam, etc. All import Fender, Squier, Epiphone, Ibanez, PRS SE, Washburn, LTD, Schecter, Jackson, etc. models are made in the same factories with the same parts.
>Because of this, it is always a better value to buy a Samick or a Cort instrument instead of something they built for someone else.

>Whenever you purchase an instrument, pay extra to have it professionally set up with the strings you prefer and in the tuning you will most frequently use. These setups are typically needed seasonally.

>You should generally change your strings every month for guitar and every other for bass. This changes depending on the frequency of play, your climate, and the natural acidity of your hands.

>Do not start learning on an ERG. Start with the basics.

>You do not need to spend more than $200 on a new guitar to get something sufficient for starting out. Wait to purchase something nicer when it's certain that you will stick with guitar/desire a different sound and/or feel.

>It's more frugal to buy a good-playing cheap guitar and upgrade it than to buy a good-playing expensive guitar.

>Rocksmith/YouTube videos will never be better and more preferable to a teacher sitting down with you and showing you how to play.

>Don't ever trust a chain store employee. They are paid to sell you the most they can get you to buy.

What's going on with that finish, you're not attempting a refinish are you?

think i have the a chord down but shit still makes my fingers hurt
i've seen that it's better to not let your thumb and palm rest on the back of the neck, but fug my wrist desu
help?

Totally.

I don't want to get into the whole "Tone Wood" debate, but I'm always taken aback at how many people get a fancy electric guitar, only to play it through a Roland cube with a sub 12" speaker or a cheap Fender Frontman.

You can make an Epiphone SG starter pack guitar sound great through a Dual Rectifier, but you'll probably run into some difficulty making a Gibson Les Paul sound good through a Line 6 Spider.

What's the most you should spend on a guitar? Is $5'ooo too much?

if you have to ask then you dont need it

How fucking huge are those cabs? Or is that woman ridiculously tiny?

Nope. Just be sure about what you want.

>Woods make no discernible difference in electrically amplified instruments
lmao

They don't. Tonewoods are an absolute myth

lmao I'm rather offensive about yours

Stop buying particle board guitars.

Obviously you need real wood but the different exotic species don't really matter

If you can't hear the difference between a Swamp Ash and Mahogany Les Paul, you might be retarded. It's not a huge difference but it is there. Granted, tonewoods matter more on bass

reminder that gittler did nothing wrong
youtube.com/watch?v=t1jwXjhrfJk

What your hearing are difference in densities and pickups most likely

Says the guy playing to no one in his bedroom, posting on a Mongolian moving picture board.

The wood doesn't need to be exotic but I must admit that my Tele with a single piece Khaya body and a single piece maple neck does sound great.