Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums,

If water (H2O) contains Oxygen, why can't humans breathe underwater?

Pic sort of related

Other urls found in this thread:

answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=1006050721816
coralfilm.com/scien.html
youtube.com/watch?v=VmTZcNVzp7A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We can

The government tells you you can not
They are all lies

/thread

When oxygen combines with hydrogen, the chemical properties change. It isn't just oxygen anymore.

/thread

Humans lack the capacity to extract the oxygen they need out of H2O (water). Our peasant lungs are pretty useless when it comes to anything that's not in gas form. Unlike fish which have gills. And gills can do the trick. Fish breathe oxygen too. They just short of extract and process it in a different way. That's one of the many reasons why they die when put in dirty waters.
>stay in school; don't do drugs

we need bulk flow

fish don't take the O from H2O

anyone else see the molecule as a woman's ass in underwear?

State-sponsored propoganda, don't listen to this shill

OP here
it seems pretty legit that they would. Can you elaborate?

Because we don't need the oxygen element. We need the oxygen molecule (O2) in gaseous state at around 20% molar concentration.

Anything else and you suffocate. ozone (O3) will kill you. Free oxygen (O) will kill you.

Also fish don't extract oxygen from water molecule. They get the oxygen molecules (O2) that are dissolved in water, something we can't do.

lol yep

they breath O2 dissolved in the water, they don't separate the hydrogen and oxygen atoms that make up water

Please tell me you are trolling. No one can seriously be this stupid.

Good dope Sup Forumsro. Also, fish don't get their oxygen from the H2O. The oxygen and hydrogen are tightly bonded together and share electrons.
Fish get O2 only from O2 just like us. Their gills filter oxygen that's dissolved in the water. That's why aquariums have aerators to dissolve air into the water, otherwise the fish would drown too.

don't embarrass yourself

that looks like a butt in bikini. Molecule r34?

So do fish, shit for brains. There's dissolved oxygen in water.

yep

>They just short of extract and process it in a different way.

Read what he said before you open your shithole autistic neckbeard.

Because the Oxygen is stuck in a compound, so if you try to breath it the hemoglobin wont be able to pick up any of the oxygen.

Also H2O is a liquid so it would cause your lungs to reject it, since only gas can flow smoothly through the respiratory system.

chill brah

Dissolved in water like the fucking CO2 in soda you fucking autist

I won't even bother ask you if you read the whole thing. 'Cause the answer is pretty fucking obvious

Oxygen is naturally attracted to each other. So if you have pure oxygen, they bond to each other, forming O2, which is still oxygen. But that's besides the point.

answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=1006050721816

This here is a marine biologist-level explanation.

See

I didn't try to get into full detail. There was no god damn reason to get into full detail. This is fucking Sup Forums. The guy wanted a simple and straight answer. He wanted a quick overview and that's exactly what he got. Don't foul yourselves...

Sup Forumsros don't need your yahoo answers links. You a fuckin' social librarian? If you don't know enough to 'splain it to a Sup Forumsro, learn from others and stfu.

coralfilm.com/scien.html

Here's the source for that yahoo answer link. Faggot.

Stfu faggot. OP posted a water molecule and deserved to know that fish don't breathe water. You shoulda mentioned that shit-for-brains, so no one else had to.

(2/2)
There's more failed abortions I should have linked to that
Like this fuck-oh : Or this smart-ass :

>Many animals have gills at some stage of their life (even humans have them at an early stage of their development in the womb)
Fuck you biology, I want my fucking gills back.

Is that a booty pic?

Damn H20 thicc

Unless humans have a miracle mutation for keeping both lungs and gills, we're fucked.
At least we're the dominant species of the planet(?)

> Unlike fish which have gills. And gills can do the trick. Fish breathe oxygen too

Is your attention span shorter than your dick?
He obviously made that point clear. Fish breathe oxygen too

Pay attention little Jonny. Point is all you're good at is google. Wait until your able to read and understand. Then you'll be ready to help anons on /b.

I did. Your poor writing skills would leave one to believe that you meant that a fish's gills separated the O2 from a water molecule.

It's really all right there. I'm mot going to bother any further

*not

What kind of short bus Pokemon do catch with that thing?

*you're
Learn proper grammar, than make a point.
Additionally, why not read it? Reading these secondary sources? They're good for you, unlike the sources of Sup Forums.

Who says we can't? Go try it for yourself, kiddo!

cos we can't extract the oxygen from the water, how do u think fish breath mate

You got OP confused with someone else's text faggot. I can't take any more of your ignorance. IOOH.
"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are Stupid."

the oxidaion state is wrong

Our lungs lack the ability to separate the oxygen from the hydrogen

No. It's that our lungs can't separate dissolved oxygen from water. Fish would need too much biomass to actually separate oxygen from hydrogen.

We've no way to absorb the oxygen from the water. Fish can because gills.

Lmao! Read it again.

Check your grammar - you're the one that's wrong.

>wait until your able to read
>your

kill you're self

If Zyklon B contains iron, why isn't it good for our blood?

that molecule thicc

because we dont have gills you stupid fucking fuck

Because you dob't have enough good boy points for that technique

Oh there goes that tumblr quote. You got that from your reddit pals?
An hero before it's too late for your petty soul my summerfriend...

Because you touch yourself at night, fucking sicko ruining it for the rest of us

But then how come the oxygen is still there?

Check Third sentence.
Stop the faggoting, summerfag.

Of course they do. How else would they breathe under water? Only whales go up to breathe on the surface and they're not fish.

ARE YOU REALLY TRYING TO SAY THAT FISH, FUCKING FISH, BREAK UP MOLECULES TO GET THEIR OXYGEN? YOU DO REALISE THAT THERE WOULD BE SO MUCH HYDROGEN IN THE AIR THAT WE WOULD ALL BE BLOWN UP..

Kind of how there's carbon dioxide in soda and carbonated water. There's just more oxygen than hydrogen.

This guy has it, but also that it's impractical to do so because it would require so much chemical energy from the fish to be able to do that at a rate so it wouldn't suffocate.

Are you fucking retarded? CO2 is bubbles in the drink. Are you seeing any oxygen bubbles in the water? Do you think the fish swim around looking for air bubbles to breathe in? I refuse to believe there are people this dumb on this planet.

>only whales
>only whales
>only whales

>2016
>Cant breath underwater
What a fucking pleb

Seems to be retard field day today. There's oxygen in the air too you know, so it just becomes water again and drops down into the ocean again. Big fucking deal.

Humans were meant to evolve further but the Illuminati wouldn't let that happen. The reason mermaids and mermen have been talked about even in the past as being a "mythical creature" is because the first humans to evolve into them have already came into existance. They lived in Atlantis but were soon wiped out by the government. Now we are being fooled into thinking they do not exist. We breathe only oxygen because we were supposed to eventually start breathing oxygen with hydrogen.

Nypa muh nigguh - check perfluorocarbon fluids and liquid breathing in general

Also Neon Genesis Evangelion desu~

Try harder faggot.. YOU NEED TO BURN FUCKING HYDROGEN IN AN OXYGEN RICH ENVIRONMENT IN ORDER TO CREATE WATER. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKK. DO YOU RETARDS REALLY NOT UNDERSTAND THE BASIC FUNDAMENTALS OF CHEMISTRY

PLEASE WATCH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD..

youtube.com/watch?v=VmTZcNVzp7A

Either way hydrogen is a much smaller atom so its lighter and takes up less space than air molecules, so it will just rise to the top and escape the atmosphere. Obviously we don't blow up and there's very little hydrogen in the atmosphere so I don't even know what you're trying to argue.

right.. I'm gonna go an hero now bye

There was already water in the bottle.

Please do dumb faggot

Underage or black.
Either way, what a retarded little punk.

the oxygen would allow you to breahte underwater, however, humans are highly allergic to hydrogen