Is college worth it?

Is college worth it?

If you plan on being a wageslave

depends on what you plan to study. Study a field that will result in your idea of success. The majors of people who's idea of success is making a lot of money will be different than someone who see success as becoming a professor or something.

If you major in something worthwhile. Getting a degree in English basically means your'e a fucking idiot.

this OP. Don't major in philosophy, english, communications, or any of those bullshit fields. Study a hard science like math, chemistry etc, or something where there are lots of jobs like nursing or logistics.

What about Software Development or Computer Science? Worth?

No, you can literally watch MIT opencourseware videos for free

if you are paying over 40k a year, then you are probably making a poor financial choice to go to college

seriously, you can become autodidact and not waste money on bullshit in person lectures, which are overpriced by 10000%

good fields as far as I know. Be careful with computer science degrees. A lot of universities offer these "Information Science" degrees that are bullshit. Make sure it's a REAL computer science degree. It's not an easy undergrad but it'd be worth it.

Computer Science, Computer Engineering, etc.

engineering fields are pretty legit. Petroleum and chemical engineering is big money

It's basically free where I am from.

wat, how

It's paid by the state if it's your first degree here in Ireland.

well then do that i guess if it's free

Graduated college 2011
First job that doesn't pay 7.25 or less in 2012. Temporary no benefits.

Joined the army 2014.
Fuck my life.

Yes.

What did you get your degree in?

yes, but only if you don't choose a hypercuck major like many have said previously

be safe bby

no, fuck engineering

u need computer science

Gender studies.

I'm not sure which fields are big in Ireland, where OP is from apparently.

kek

Well youre a fucking retard.

Electronic engineering technology

As stem as it gets bro. Don't fall for the stem meme

Irish user here, not OP just curious as to what people thought of the field.

Who the fuck studies gender studies
Gtfo.
People study real shit and still struggle. I have friends with masters in civil engineering and they struggle. Electrical engineering and they struggle. Mechanical engineering and they struggle. There is no easy way to get a job after college faggot. No matter what major you choose so study gender studies if that makes your candy ass happy. Stop judging

Won't employers need degrees or some shit like that?

Fuck no.

Get into the skilled trades.

starting pay sucks. but you work up quick.

My brother busted his ass and took on a fuckton of debt to get a diploma and work 70 hours a week because LOL SALARY!

Meanwhile i went to trade school and got into plumbing. starting out is was like $10 an hour. but now im getting $35... and that dose not account for side jobs i take on for cash which i course report as income and pay taxes on.

I ahd to work overtime early on. but now i only ever do it if i have nothing going on and i feel like it. Yeah my brother makes 30k a year more then i do. but i get to see my family and watch my kids grow up and enjoy life.

Electrician, plumbing / pipe fitting and carpentry are all good. Welders can make some mad dosh but the jobs that pay well require a lot of away from home time.

but it's plumbing

Or you can be like me and get out of the military with a starting salary of $33 an hour and go to school for free at the same time. Oh and monthly BAH on top of that.

>math
>science
Math is actually a philosophy

That s why I'm conflicted on the path I took.

I made 13.50 after college. A lot of overtime. No benefits.

Nowe I'm in the army and sure benefits but a lot of Bullshit for almost the same cash. With a degree you make 2000 some in the army. 2040 probably which after taxes is like 1600. Which is hardly worth the Bullshit you have to put up with. I'm more a humvee mechanic and errand boy than a professional with a real job. Sometimes I work with communication systems which is my mos or job

I'm an economics major someone debate me please

What do you do?
Don't tell me gym trainer

Don't be retarded. I work with semiconductors.

All the people that have said shit like that end up in jobs that they could have gotten without going army and yet they make it seem like the army was a solid choice.

Yeah, plumbing can be a.... crappy job.

I wasn't in the Army dipshit. Also, the only other way I could have gotten this job would be to have gone to college instead.

Doing what? What was your mos?

Oh watch out a military non army
We got a badass over here

What was your Military job
What is your civilian job

I work in research and development. My job in the AF was F-22 avionics. The only reason they hired me is because my military background required me to analyze data and troubleshoot. The rest of the shit they wanted I had to learn along the way.

If you pursue grad school or go into medicine/dentistry/law, yeah.

How do y'all feel about a biology major?

that sounds like what I would like to do but I just couldnt get it
I considered a school of aviation electronic shit but it was like 9000 bucks and I only a year so I didn't do that.
So with my background in electronics I tried to get in commo
But operator level is really not all that.any trained monkey can do this

Only as a pathway to a school of medicine

Did you not get your commission? Sounds like your some enlisted fag.