Ask a p-psychologist anything!

Ask a p-psychologist anything!
Late night, work from home edition!

I'm h-here for you Anonymous! C-come get in bed w-with me! But not in that way!

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10369574
independent.co.uk/news/science/can-lsd-ease-our-fear-of-death-first-scientific-study-in-40-years-shows-positive-results-9174206.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What's your favorite color?

Light blue

What's a good way to fuck with psychologists IRL?

Can you tell me why I see a penis?
>if you look long enough you can definitely see a penis.

show titty

What is your spirit animal?

Ask them to prescribe you medication.

Or have a seizure.

Not a real thing.

Is this sufficient?

Well, what's your favorite animal?

Doge.

Well then how come I can't figure this one out either?

¿Puedes hablar en otras lenguas fluidamente?

Would you fuck a grill?

And can you please be my waifu?

are you a behaviorist?

Well, I'm a neuropsychopharmacologist first, but yes, behaviorism and its cousin neurology are the best ways forward.

Huh?

I guess the weebs come out at 2

I'm not a weeb; I'm half japanese.

Hey, what's keeping you up?

Impressive title. So thats an M.D., correct?

How do you treat people with mental health problems? What steps do you take first? How do you fix them? As a patient, what would be useful for a psychologist to know about the patient?

kek, I was talkin about this user

You know... A grill. With tits and a vagoo.

Anxiety.

Psychologist. Not psychiatrist.

*blinks* You don't "fix" mental health problems. Many of them have no cures. You treat them by understanding what is going wrong with their thought processes, making it easier for them to change them with medicine and therapy (normally CBT or a specialized therapy for their particular illness), and then giving them the tools they need to keep themselves healthy.

While I am bi, I've found dating people off of Sup Forums is a bad idea

How is this possible, ?!

explain this

It wouldn't be dating if I'm spending Good Boy Points.

I have 2 questions
1:why did you decide to become a psychologist
2:Why do you like Alice so much even though Sakuya is way better.

I see. I was under the impression you wrote scripts in pharmacology, but I suppose that wouldnt always be the case. Not trying to be a smartass, just curious. Please do correct me if I'm wrong

Is my secret safe with you?

Oh, that's just judicious application of magnets. You can easily replicate it, but I'm afraid no one knows how they work.

What.

Bi? Bye!

strawpoll.me/10369574

Neuropsychopharmacology is more how drugs affect the brain, not giving them to people. Generally one goes into research, not clinical, from it.

Yes, but not to Sup Forums. You should email me at [email protected]

Has studying psychology altered your perception of humans as more studies and experiments as opposed to individuals?
I assume after awhile everyone starts to bleed together into repetitive patterns of sterile data.

No, but studying computation has.

Wife has probably has BPD

Tried to kill me last night in one of her rages and the cops came.

Any luck with letting these sensitive cunts stop being self centred whiny spoiled babies who blame everybody else for their behaviour and "triggers"?

ayy

*blinks* Does the last line have anything to do with the first two? BPD is a disorder; it has nothing to do with any of the things you listed in the last line.

Anything major that you're anticipating or avoiding, Alice?

What's your favorite idea?
Is it getting creative?

I thought that might be it. I ask because I'm an undergrad assisting with the behavioral research at my U. The graduate students encourage me to pursue behavioral analysis, but I was thinking I would be better suited for behavioral neuroscience. Is that like what you do, or are you mainly focused on pharmacology?

what does it mean that i saw a dog?

Recently I devastated my family with a relapse into hardcore drugs that I effectively concealed until a minor slip up caused everything to unravel. Rather than feeling any remorse for the grief it caused them, I feel more bad that I got caught and am now forced to tolerate what I see as being their problem in the first place.
Am I a sociopath?

I took antibiotics that had anxiety as a side effect.
Though, I think things are going to get worse in my threads quite soon.

Nothing.

Sort of? But I'm a programmer now; I work on A.I. for financial models.

*rubs the back of her head* That's a bit of a personal question.

No, because sociopath isn't a medical term.

Describes her, a few pages I Googled seemed to be match with those things

But hey your the pro here so I will listen to you

I swear to god, I see this thread daily. Anyone else see it often?

Based on what?

Antisocial Personality Disorder you hairsplitting, politically correct cunt.

dayum! lil qt

your limbic system, or "reward pathway" has been hijacked by the drugs, making things like relationships less important relative to the high you receive from using. its not likely that you're a sociopath, but you could likely improve your ability to feel by quitting. it certainly sucks at first, as Im sure you already know, and it doesn't get better for a long time. but it does get better, and you'll feel like yourself again if you stay strong.
>not OP, just offering advice from firsthand experience on that one

i thought you had blond hair

are you a lesbian?

From guy who posted thisFor real, what's your opinion on these videos?

Why the fuck does a "Yes/No" answer even matter if you've already diagnosed yourself, shitlord.

I post it twice a day.

You realize the concept of triggers and such was developed in relation to PTSD and BPD, right? It's not an invalid concept just because tumblr is ridiculous about it.

Based on the label.

Ah, ASPD? I don't know; I'm not qualified to diagnose personality disorders, and you haven't given me enough information.

While that makes sense, it doesn't really fit with the current models of addiction.

The blonde hair is a wig to match my character.

why do I enjoy picking on the less fortunate and just screwing with people in general? is it for the primeval thrill?

Thats quit a change in career paths, but you clearly enjoy offering an ear to bend. Why the change of heart, user?

why your job is useless?

i hurt my shoulder 3 days ago can I work back and biceps today without hurting it again?

That's what I had figured as well. Friends and family honestly aren't worth the hassle, whereas drugs are convenient and reliable.
Also I'd rather not.
I can see it as a sickness or whatever but the increasing amorality has proven to be more beneficial and liberating instead of being anxious about doing the right thing all the fucking time.

i think that nigga went to school to be a programmer at a fucking ivy league university

told me he went to school for neuropsychopharmacology

what does it mean if i had a seizure

Wat do doc

I'm in deep

I didn't diagnose myself, fucking autist. I asked a legitimate question and she circumvented it by applying a label with virtually no significant difference solely for the sake of being a cunt.

>I'm not qualified to diagnose personality disorders.
What use are you then?

See? Blonde hair while I cosplayed. My normal hair is black.

You ever seen a japanese girl with blonde hair that wasn't dyed? Don't think so.

It's because you are an asshole. Talk to a therapist.

I don't enjoy it at all. What makes you think that?

They sure pay me a lot of money for it to be worthless, but securing the financial markets via collateralization doesn't seem useless to me.

Wait at least two more days.

That ASPD diagnosis is looking more and more possible...

I dual majored. I say this every thread. Why does no one remember?

How are you in deep? Huh?

Fear Factor: Jungle Edition

Need an A.I. built? I'm working on a rap bot while making this thread.

yeah, we see it twice a day. once at 8am est and once at 8pm est. It's almost like they're scheduled

Yea, I hear ya. Fuck, I hear ya loud and clear.
Ultimately, there is no god to judge you based on your actions here. The judicial system is fucked, just like education, the rest of the government, so whats the motivation to be good?

I struggle with the same conflict, but at the end of the day I decide to be good because thats the kind of man I want to be. There are enough scumbags as is.

Some of the most consistent shit yarn I've seen spun in my time.

>That ASPD diagnosis is looking more and more possible.
I suppose now is the point where I'm supposed to feel guilty or something I don't genuinely feel to be wrong because of other people's feels.
Mind your pronouns, bitch.

Before you got into computing. Why should we even discuss what's bothering us when you're not even qualified to diagnose the problem?

Are you crazy?

randomly sent me a picture one time. your face was covered

also said you were a burn victim with 90 percent of your body affected and that you programmed so fast that your nails broke off

which was hilarious

I mean I could have told you Im an asshole but why though?

well, because you're here, of course. and quite often, by the looks of it

Cool, I'm not insane.

Get Freudian on this muh fukka.
>yo mamma dun fucked ya up, son

If you're worried about having a specific mental disorder, and think you fall within the traits, but want a "professional opinion on Sup Forums, based on a few back/forth text-messages" to answer a question like that, you probably already believeyou've struck it. Doesn't even matter, seems like you've got a grasp of whats going on.

would you agree or disagree that depression is not a disease but a symptom of a larger problem, maybe a broken social system(as a country)?

I have no idea. Most of the most heartfelt moments I've had with people who's activities I don't feel comfortable disclosing on the internet. I don't get it anymore, and that's why I've turned to drugs. They're the only thing that I ever feel 100% certain about anymore.

How do you feel about treating fear of death with LSD-25 OP

Fair point, but I would still like to hear a professional opinion.

Idk about that one user, cause I listened to her advice all too well as a kid and it turned me into a marshmallow

If you got somethin' to say, say it.

I'm not qualified for personality disorders. I am for the other spectrum of disorders.

I'm pretty sure I never said 90%.

Nope.

That doesn't mean I enjoy it.

I disagree, mostly because of the success via the three neurotransmitter model and the genetic inheritability shown via twin studies.

However, it is likely that what we call depression is actually a bunch of seperate illnesses that just happen to have the same symptoms, and many of those symptoms may be caused by external sources such as the support network.

LSD can expose underlying mental conditions and therefore is ill advised.

by "it's almost like they're scheduled" I meant "They're scheduled and she tells people that. this is just out of cycle because sleep is for the weak.

i can write raps just fine by myself thank you

>for the other spectrum of disorders
Being?

whatever you bite your nails like a crazy motherfucker

thats a fascinating inquiry. I've often pondered the same thing, and, behaviorally speaking, depression is a result of the environment just like all behavior. At the same time, individuals may experience depression due to private events like thoughts, so yes and no.
>not OP

independent.co.uk/news/science/can-lsd-ease-our-fear-of-death-first-scientific-study-in-40-years-shows-positive-results-9174206.html

>LSD can expose underlying mental conditions and therefore is ill advised.
>Underlying
How the fuck is that even possible?
Wouldn't it just manifest later in life anyway?

>Wait at least two more days.
no can do psychanon
GAINZ FOR THE GAINZ GOD

Given twinning studies, it clearly isn't a result of environment exclusively.

Yes, and it can also expose underlying schizophrenia. That's not a great trade off.

That's impossible to know. I mean, unless you have a time machine.

Is Keemstar a garden gnome?

Read this

Injuries kill gains

She's going to say that's not a reliable source or some shit. Watch.

if you have some kind of proneness to schizophrenia

>Reality
Nothing is certain
>Coping
Drug use
>Perpetuation
Less reinforcement from the world around you and more in drug use as you use more and interact less
>Cycle
break it if you want life to improve