How did I do for my first attempt at pan frying a steak Sup Forums?

How did I do for my first attempt at pan frying a steak Sup Forums?
>Steak cooking tips and tricks general

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rEx9gPhtjzs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Decent for a first try

Don't forget to add butter midway cooking. Anyone who says you shouldn't is a fucking moron

I feel like i went a little too thin

slow cooking
low temperature

I agree add the butter if you are gonna pan fry. Always put the salt and pepper on before you cook and use peppercorn grinder, not just normal black pepper (tastes so much better).

I like to add a nice madeira or merlot reduction.

2 cups red wine, 1 tbsp flour, 1 cup water, 1 teaspoon butter, any herbs you want, toss some mushrooms in after the sauce is reduced. Whisk butter, water, flour together, pour into wine after cooking medium heat for 10 min. cook for a few more min (5 high heat), add in the mushrooms. BOOM, sex on a plate

How are we supposed to judge your cooking job without knowing what temp you were going for?

anyways steak is med rare+ so i guess ok job if you were going for med rare.

what all did you do to it (seasoning etc.) and then how did you cook it?

I went full on high 3 and half minutes per side. the top side got 20 seconds more by mistake as you can see

fuck me that looks soooooo nom nom nom

Refer to
Plus freshly grounded black pepper with cosher salt lightly oiled up.

That looks really nice actually. Makes sure you salt the shit out of your steak about 5 minutes before cooking it. Also avoid cutting open your steak less that 5ish minutes after you've finished cooking. You want to let it rest for a little bit so all those awesome juice's stay in the meat.

I personally love to rub and cook some crushed garlic into my steak mid-way through cooking. Also adding some thyme mid-way through cooking can add some nice earthy flavours to it as well.

yeah don't listen to low and slow guy. steaks should be cooked as fast as possible unless you sous vide them.

high heat to whatever temp you want, rest, reheat then serve.

I want that inside me

do that i you like you shit dry

Magnificent, but those sides were shit tier.

Try asking in the cooking/food board.

>why are you not a vegan?
Look at this video bitch

Looks pretty good for a pan fry. Nicely done. Next time you grill one you should try the reverse search method. It's incredible.

A good tip for frying a steak. If you look at your hand and imagine your thumb is a chicken drumstick touch yo completely relax your hand muscles. ur thumb and index together. With the other hand press on the meaty part of your hand (of the drumstick) see how soft it is? That's what a rare steak feels like. As you touch fingers up the line you go from rare to medium to well done and nuked.

nah i just know how to cook kek.

low and slow is for things like brisket (which is what your webm is)

Steaks are cooked as fast as possible unless you sous vide them to the perfect temp, but you still sear as fast as possible and heat throughout then rest, reheat and serve like any other steak.

pan too hot

Spell check ass hole.

Relax your hand. Imagine ur thumb is a drumstick - touch your thumb finger tip off your index. You get the idea

What is that top round? Buy a better steak you fucking peasant. Porterhouse, Things, NY strip, or Ribeye. Don't get me started on that overpriced, over hyped, filet Mignon

Nigga, this was a test drive, i didn't want to ruin a quality steak in case i fucked up.

Not that guy, but just so you know, the process doesn't exactly transfer. Those more marbled steaks have very different cook times and usually require two temps to give the fat time to render into juicy goodness. Sear on direct heat and finish on indirect.

Thanks for the tip, This steak did in fact have a large amount of fat on it and some of it didn't render completely which was unfortunate.

Fucked up by not buying prime, and settling for choice, you poor fuck.

yeah different cuts cook a little differently.

also sear it on all sides like pic related to make fat more palatable.

>Refer

Looks like you made cancer

looks alright especially for your first go

might have seen this already, but it's solid advice:
youtube.com/watch?v=rEx9gPhtjzs

I cook mine by seasoning with salt and pepper and throwing it in the oven at 200 or so for 20 mins, and pan fry each side for a minute with 1 or 2 chopped garlic cloves and whatever amount of butter

this is where sous vide becomes master race steaks.

i seal my steaks in a vacuum sealed bag kind of like pic related with a fat spoonful of a fat mixture (chicken & veal from stocks, bacon renderings, etc.) and then cook them at 60 degrees celsuis for 60 minutes. this makes them rare with super tender fat.
then i'll just cook to whatever temp you want when I sear/grill them.

forgot pic

mfw no cheese in that burger

Nigga he didn't even make a burger. He made a sandwich

Would still benefit from a nice Sharp Cheddar slice in that baby.

Why put cheese on a doughnut?

>spiderman spamming a steak thread.
What has become of Sup Forums?

Nigga that's a nice plate

I see no steak. But the cancer

NIgger cook that shit. Dat shit is raw. Are you a hipster or something

That looks pretty good to me, although timestamp faggot

It's not raw nigga it's just a little juicy

Could be worse could have been pepe

You are the kind of guy who ruins a restaurant meal.

Kek, the steak is long gone digesting.

Your that one strange guy that sits by himself at a steakhouse and watches motherfuckers eat like it's the superbowl.. you feelin lonely guy?

It's called medium rare you uncultured swine.

Well regardless it did look delicious',
Did you have any acompaniments?

Kill yourself hipster fag

Freshly grounded pepper and kosher salt, lightly oiled.

Look at this fuckin fag. Cultured cause Muh Med Rare steak I cooked at Home. Kill yourself

User cast iron, sea salt, black pepper, use olive oil on pan. Get pan hot on medium to medium high heat also let stake come to room temp. Only about 4 to 5 minute each side. Once fished let steak cool for a couple minute before eating.

tapeworm parade/10

that's not rare thats undercooked. you can tell the 'pink' never reached proper temperature to kill bacteria. When cooking rare meat use a meat temperature if you are to autistic to understand how to properly fully cook meat