There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man...

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Tell me your favorite episodes, and general TZ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYkG4AyFVMHK4d9VDUH1EwaMrYaAHl3jy
youtube.com/watch?v=pzz6-BOmbM4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

EAT THIS FAGGOT
MIND OVER COCK

the one where the criminal goes to what he thinks is heaven

The obsolete man. Killer fucking episode. Been binge watching it for a while now on Netflix.

A Nice Place To Visit. Very good episode

A scared, angry little man who never got a break. Now he has everything he's ever wanted - and he's going to have to live with it for eternity - in The Twilight Zone.

im also a big fan of the one where the gangster takes over the bodies of whoever wheres his shoes.
i think it was called dead mans shoes

Eye of the Beholder is a classic

the season thats missing on netflix is on youtube just to let you know

Link?, been wondering why that season was left out.

Great topic, OP. I think I'll watch an ep tonight, thanks for the inspiration.

Agreed, anyone know why it's missing? I bet there's some spooky conspiracy behind it.

It's lost somewhere, in the Twilight Zone

Love the ride at Disney

I always figured it was because that was the season they did hour long episodes, but I don't see why that would prevent them from offering it. I think Hulu has it.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYkG4AyFVMHK4d9VDUH1EwaMrYaAHl3jy

they used to all be there. but now theyre getting deleted/blocked

Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man—that state is obsolete. A case to be filed under "M" for Mankind in the Twilight Zone.

Some really deep shit in a weird transition for American culture. The dust from WWII settled into the anti-communist era

It's a pretty good quote that is imo timeless. Applicable even today.

[COMMENT HIDDEN IN RESPONSE TO THE EUROPEAN HATE SPEECH CENSORSHIP ACT]

youtube.com/watch?v=pzz6-BOmbM4

Agreed shit I have to watch this episode again soon

The Monsters are Due on Maple Street
Five Characters in Search of an Exit
Will The Real Martian Please Stand Up?
A Stop at Willoughby

>Will The Real Martian Please Stand Up?
one of my favorites

A Game of Pool and Static are some of the ones I remember growing up.

i like the one with the old teacher who is forced to retire and then he becomes suicidal and mirror image is another good one

Went to watch Static just now. Ultimate quote is spoken to the little kid: "go buy yourself a switchblade."

Fuck I love this show, favorite episode is season 1 episode 18 "And when the sky was opened "
>Her name: X-20. Her type: an experimental interceptor. Recent history: a crash landing in the Mojave Desert after a thirty-one hour flight nine hundred miles into space. Incidental data: the ship, with the men who flew her, disappeared from the radar screen for twenty-four hours.
>But the shrouds that cover mysteries are not always made out of a tarpaulin, as this man will soon find out on the other side of a hospital door.

Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it

The Howling Man
A Stop at Willoughby
Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up
Monsters are due on Maple Street
I am the night - color me black

All of them are awesome.
Night Gallery has some really good thought-provoking and ethereal episodes as well.
Rod Serling was a great mind, knew how to run a show and write a show with his finger on the pulse of the times.

Anyone else ever think if of some really good ideas of stuff that could be in the twilight zone?

Shiiiit, yeah I'm wanting to list like all of the episodes.
Five characters in search of an exit blew my mind sky high the first time I saw it.

Havnt seen night gallery.Is it kinda the same spoopy ness and story telling as the twilight zone?

I think a lot of modern sci-fi/horror that includes social commentary comes close, but something about the teleplay style of TZ is lacking in almost everything since. It's amazing, the characters actually sweat, there are soliloquies that don't seem out of place, it all seems like a great stage play they just put on tv.

My buddy and I had an idea about one of those little talking cans that pipe sound across playgrounds between two points. It's kind of derivative of an existing episode of TZ though.

It's a little more trippy, it was the late sixties after all, so psychedelia plays a role in some of it. And a lot of it is more thought provoking.on an individual level rather than twilight zone where it's pretty much commenting on a larger social issue. There's some great guest stars and stories from some classic horror/scifi writers as well as many of the same writers that contributed to TZ, including Sirling. There's an adaptation of an HP Lovecraft story in one episode that's awesome. Another difference is that there usually 2-3 vignettes within the episode instead of a single story, and they are all introduced by Sirling in an art gallery setting, hence "Night Gallery"
Pretty sure they have a bunch for free on Hulu.

has that dude got an arrow through his head?

I'm going to put you in the cornfield

The howling man always gives me chills. And any episode where the bad guys lose and get a one way ticket into the twilight zone. I just watched the one where Rod got erased by the author that made his characters come to life.

Weird looking guy nowadays

die in fire fgt pls

I remember they did an episode of him as the same kid as an adult when they tried to reboot TZ with Forrest Whitaker as the host. It was pretty shitty.