Who would be in the running for 10 greatest fictional villains of all time?

Who would be in the running for 10 greatest fictional villains of all time?

*SPOILER ALERT*
My pick would be Baron Vladimir Harkonnen from Dune. In the movie he's kind of wacky and weird, but I'm talking about the book's version. This guy was the epitome villainy; he was cunning, ruthless, underhanded, totally irredeemable. On top of that he did pretty good as a villain, having killed the Paul's father and destroyed his household. Who the fuck could have considered that Paul would not only escape but also be the fucking chosen one and gather an army of sand people and gigantic worms. Their is no way he could have conceived of that happening so this main lapse is forgivable.

What are your picks and why Sup Forums?

Jesus.

Long John Silver from Treasure Island. I love nautical and pirate themed stuff and he was cunning, ruthless, easily understimated and hugely charismatic. After him Agent Smith from the Matrix.

Donald Trump. Hid weapon Starange H'air is more original yet compelling than any others

reasoning?

Except he DID know Paul's lineage and what he could be. The Baron was hoping Feyd was the kwisatz haderach (or at least another step closer).

the government 1984
Joker (the nolan version)
Dorian gray (I'm not sure who the real villain is but the effects qualify)
the cemetery (Pet cemetery)
Hannibal
Predestination (spoilers)
the car (Christine, I'm a sucker for kings work)
Tyler durden (the book is way better)
the world (atlas shrugged)

and to make it 10, I'll add Shogo Makishima psychopass

he was a badass and had the best scenes.
she was creepy and her face is cool
no bad guys stayed badasses for very long in dragonball but when he first appeared he was a stylish badass.
mr. lahey needs no explanation

Adrian Veidt (Watchmen)
Auric Goldfinger (Goldfinger)
Joker (Batman)
Alex DeLarge (A Clockwork Orange)
Agent Smith (Matrix)
Darth Vader (Star Wars)

I agree. I have read the book several times and the way the character is portrayed is like no other

ALL HAIL LORD FRIEZA!

Is it safe..?

Machine Gun Joe

I'm sick of your half-breed interference!

Damm it you beat me to it!

Seconded. This man is fucking evil

Hitler, because everything he allegedly did wrong was fictional.

Counting Pixar movies, my favorite disney villians in this order are Yzma (Emperor's new groove), Syndrome (Incredibles), Long John Silver (Treasure Panet), Barbosa (Pirate's of the Caribbean), Hades (Hercules), Chef Skinner (Ratatouille), Mcleach (Rescuer's Down Under), Jaffar (Aladdin) and Rourke (Atlantis).

The Governor, Walking Dead from comics, and novel

Fear is the mindkiller ... comon i fear no villain

Dagoth-Ur and Sauron.

Mr. Teufel

is the first thing that comes to mind, but he doesn't really serve as the villain of his own story

this

Syndrome was a detestable insecure dick and you got to see him turn from a regular kid into a murderer, unusual for disney. Also he was a caricature of Brad Bird.

Forgot to mention Yzma, Disney's most underappreciated villian (perhaps next to Mcleach). Hilarious, repulsive, no moral center, and terrific voice acting by a legend. Very expressive even by Disney Standards.

“War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.”

Nothing in fictional universe has ever scared me more than The Judge. And I have read the scary shit.

I think Judge Holden is second only to Satan as the best fictional villain. That is, if they're not the same.

I'm a big fan of the character from the book but this is my favorite version other than that. He's a classic villian and this version stayed true to his ambigous cunning nature, plus awesome design. I wish disney would make more movies like Treasure Planet. From an artistic and creative standpoint I'd say it's Disney's most ambitious movie ever and had a much appreciated more mature theme.

eh, I really liked his character

then again, I was the ten year old with a love of science, history, and technology so I really connected with him

he's always been my favorite character in one of my favorite disney movies

say what you will about the series but Barbosa was consistently a highlight and a nod to the classic idea of pirates.

perhaps disney's most charismatic villian, enough said

one of Disney's more low-key villian's from a low-key movie, he was diminuative but intimidating and hilarious.

team rocket: theyve been making excuses for decades why they keep on chasing ash's pikachu specifically and basically nothing else spending a fortune on it and cannot be dissuaded from their deeds, regardless of how many times they fail how drastically and does not care how many more pokemon ash gets...

Most evil villain I can think of, all white men who support and allow these monkeys to riot outside the zoo. It's chilling.

Honestly thought you were talking about team rocket power. Made absolutely no sense until I stopped being retarded

no one ever mentions this villian but he lights up the screen better than perhaps any disney villian whenever he appears thanks to his terrific design and larger than life voice acting. He was ruthless, charismatic and thanks to him being a more realistic villian surprisingly evil. And his truck is seriously badass. look it up.

oops here's pic.

Jafar was a very by-the-books villian done right.

Rourke was a classic twist villian. Thanks to the movie's surprisingly mature theme he was more ruthless than usual and he had perhaps the coolest death sequence of any disney villian. Side note, the Netflix version of Atlantis is heavily altered and cencored.

honorable mention: Bill Sykes from Olliver and Company. A surprisingly dark and realistic depiction of a crime lord and one of Disney's least kid friendly villians.

honorable mention: Judge Doom from Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Wonderfully twisted villian played by the legendary Christopher Lloyd. Not a kids movie at all and it featured many non-disney characters so I don't really consider it a "disney" movie.

honorable mention: the Horned King from The Black Cauldron. Visually Disney's most scary villian from one of their most artistically creative and mature movies (though the movie's tone ranged from silly to horrific and save for a few really cool scenes wasn't very good)

this man was the good guy

humanity above all

>Judge Holden
gonna read that now. thanks.

Gul Dukat, no doubt about it.

He's the most slick, charismatic villain I've ever seen. And keep in mind, one of the other Cardassians in the show is the same guy who played Scorpio in Dirty Harry, and Pinhead in Hellraiser.

Gul Dukat literally fucked the mom of one of his enemies. He was space Hitler for the space Nazis, and even with the knowledge that he was a ruthless oppressor who's hobby was grooming the local women, he made sense. They had to make an episode especially to show people that he was a bad guy, because he's just that convincing.

>commandeered a klingon bird of prey using nothing but a cargo ship and the daughter of one the wenches he fucked once

And the daughter of one of the other wenches he fucked.

No one from Dragon Ball is going to be a greatest ever anything, faggots:

>Luther (The Warriors)
>Mephisto (Faust)
>Hannibal Lecter (by Hopkins OR Mikkelson)
>Colonel Kurtz
>God (Dantes Inferno)
>Dr Doom
>Norman Bates
>Joker
>Moriaty
>Summer

MAJOR CHIP HAZARD BECAUSE HE WAS THE MOST BADASS TOY I OWNED

The Baron didn't know: what the kwisatz was, or Paul's lineage (both Bene Gesserit secrets).

thanks for reminding me of this character, he was my favourite thing about DS9. My favorite star trek series other than the original was Voyageur however.

If we're counting video games, pic related for obvious reason.
The amount of cunning and shit she managed to pull was unbelievable.
Handsome Jack was also one of the best villain in video games history.
For movies, one of my favorite villains was Yzma in Emperor's new groove.
I really enjoy a villain that goes past the "I'm baaad" stereotype and really bring something to the movie.
Barbossa in Pirates of the Carribean was in the same category.

Man, I really don't like Voyager. What's the appeal to you?

Egg man from sonic should be in there somewhere.

PIGS

I'd go for The Judge From Blood Meridian, or The Joker, the one that skinned that guy alive.

Shit, beat me to it. Best villain for multiple reasons.

From an origins standpoint then the Snake from Adam and Eve is pretty much the king of villains, or Eve.

Iago from Othello. He's the paragon of a nihilist, everything he says and does is calculated to cause some kind of destruction, death, or personal gain

This jesus dude and his many stories
dying and comming back alive was the best zombie store to this day.

I liked the overall tone of desperation. They were trying to overcome enourmous odds and simply survive. It made it feel more cohesive and gripping then the other series which just sort of meandered between plots. The Borg were the main antagonists plus the Borg Queen was cool. The episodes that explored how the borg operated were really interesting. 7of9, the Doctor and that head case played by Brad Dourif (terrific underappreciated actor) were all terrific characters. I thought the finale with all the time travel and moral grey areas was good and the 2 part "Year of Hell" episode is my favorite episode in any star trek series period. Also I liked Janeway more than Sisko and I recall the series having some of the best used special effects.

Well, this nigga is the only one that has fulfilled the classic villain's dream of quonquering the whole world