Hey Sup Forums I wanna get a decent kitchen knife, what should I get? I'd spend 100-150 $ maybe but not more

hey Sup Forums I wanna get a decent kitchen knife, what should I get? I'd spend 100-150 $ maybe but not more.

Other urls found in this thread:

guede-solingen.de/en/knife-series/delta
zwillingonline.com/chefsknife1.html
www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/product/j.a.-henckels-international-classic-20-piece-block-set?ID=445008&pla_country=US&cm_mmc=Google-PLA-ADC-_-Home-NA-_-J.a. Henckels International-_-35886254155USA&catargetid=120156070000318414&cadevice=c&EFCKEY={"EXPERIMENT":[1636]}&SEED=9032793961989018086
cutco.com/products/thumbnail.jsp?shop=kitchen-knives
youtu.be/1Zt3rRGUP3Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Get the Gtx970p. The specs are really great and when you heat it up, it can cut through butter like a hot knife through butter.

A japanese katana knife* with a blade that has been folded over a thousand times (fact).

*not a tanto

Is this the Major Lazor Final Destiny tour thread I've been waiting for so long?

Oh no wait, its just phaggot OP again that thinks Sup Forums is the 'user reviews' section of Amazon.

Go back to fagheaven you 9gags-cuck! !

order some from germany "Wüsthof" knives are pretty good

Any mid-price Victorinox is good enough, IF you know how to keep them in shape.

J.A.Henckels
Invest in a good sharpening steel.

15 years after purchase and they're still the sharpest knives in my kitchen.

guede-solingen.de/en/knife-series/delta
i dont know the prices from this manufacture but german knifes from solingen are pretty good

You guys are literally nerding out about kitchen ware.

whats the difference between $250 ones and $50 ones? I mean I'm not a professional chef or anything, so don't wanna pay $250 unless $50 ones are shit.

zwillingonline.com/chefsknife1.html

i recommend a wustof classic ikon. get a sharpening steel and it'll last you a lifetime

the 250's are made out of old german tanks, that must be superior krupp steel

I'm a chef.

It's my fetish. lol
Invest in the highest price point you can afford.
Every company has to have some fodder to fill the pockets.

I spent about 350 when I bought my set. Unbelievably sharp. As other anons said, Wustof is also a good choice and so are Solingen.

Someone knows the knifes of Hannibal?

I was a chef at an upscale restaurant in Monterey CA. We used Wustof in the kitchen.

>350 when I bought my set.
got a link?

This.

I recommend the Miyabi Kaizen. Just make sure you get a size that's comfortable, and you're set for 10 years of heavy use.

This. Make sure it's classic collection. 10 inch chefs knife. Perfectly balanced

there is a very active cooking board. go there. they actually knwo what they're talking about when i comes to knives.

Was 15 years ago, but this is probably the closest set to what I have.

www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/product/j.a.-henckels-international-classic-20-piece-block-set?ID=445008&pla_country=US&cm_mmc=Google-PLA-ADC-_-Home-NA-_-J.a. Henckels International-_-35886254155USA&catargetid=120156070000318414&cadevice=c&EFCKEY={"EXPERIMENT":[1636]}&SEED=9032793961989018086

henkel used to make a lower end line that was still really good quality that would run about that price. not sure if they still do, don't really have need to follow it anymore (henkel chef knife I got when I was 14 still like a beautiful goddess)

This

cutco.com/products/thumbnail.jsp?shop=kitchen-knives

You could get a 15 dollar knife at wall mart and it would be fine.

Just get that full tang bruh.

>You guys are literally nerding out about kitchen ware.

dude asked a question, and people answer

Go start a thread about pudding.

Watch on awe as it climbs to 300 posts, nerd.

looks good I'll check it out. That sharpener within the set, is that good enough?

Then get Chinese knock off Edge Pro but buy the Edge Pro stones separately.

Yeah, it'll do. Hone before use, hand wash, and hone before you put it back in the block. Some people say that's a bit excessive, but I call it loving care. lol

Wüsthof knives I've always found to be good value, Global are overrated and overpriced me thinks

Wushof classic or classic ikon. Make sure you actually pick it up, hold it properly, and do some wrist movement (better if they actually let you cut something with it) before you buy it...

You can do 75-90% of all work with an 8" or 10" chef knife

I found Global to be way too light for my liking.

>75-90% of all work with an 8'' or 10'' chef knife.

This is very true. Just remember to use the knife suited for the job (i.e. don't use a chefs knife to quarter a chicken, that's what the boning knife is for), and ALL of your knives will stay in tip top condition.

True, if I had to reduce my set to essentials: chef, boning, serrated, paring.

My chef is a workhorse, and I probably use it more than I should, but I also get my knives professionally sharpened every year and take care of them properly as I use them.

Dexter Russell Chinese chef's knife. Affordable, sharp and you won't need another knife besides a small pairing one.

>chef, boning, serrated, paring
should I just get those then instead of getting a 30 piece set?

I agree. Good man, in the kitchen a knife can be your best friend or your worst enemy. All about treating her right. haha

You could to save money. There are a lot of knives in that set that are specialty or utility knives. If you want to be economical, go with their 8 piece set.

high carbon = a lot of care and blade shape will take some getting used to... this style is not exactly for beginner to medium skill

I'd rather have those four in quality form than a 30 piece set of mediocre knives. That being said, if you want a "full set" in the long run, it's cheaper to buy a set than individuals.

True story. High carbon holds its stock edge longer, but it's harder to hone, and chips/dents in the cutting edge are a death sentence.

This should help , youtu.be/1Zt3rRGUP3Y

you need a set of knives newfag

If you're going to buy individually, then I would recommend buying from Wustof or Cutco. Both offer extraordinarily sharp knives at decent price per knife.

I'm Definitely agree on Wusthof, it's what I use at home. Great knife, great price. My point was that over a long run, buying piece by piece will end up costing more than the upfront cost of a set. If OP is cool with not having a "whole" set, then by all means it's more likely cheaper to buy the essentials.

I'm just happy there are other people nerding out about knives, no one else outside work gives a shit about quality.

Second this.

kek

I got some Füri knives. They're damn good, the whole set.

That's not a knife?

yea boy best knives ever

Just die tryhard.

that's from china

just got this bad boy, nice and heavy, keeps a really nice edge for a long time.

my only reservation is it takes some getting used to after using a 10" chef knife, and the little flat edge near the handle needs some work to establish an edge, but that's just the way i prefer my knives.

This post gave me cancer.

i also have this as well, great starter knife for the price. if you're used to standard chef knifes, i would get the taller version, but the gyoto is really nicely balance and holds a decent edge for the price.

Henckls twin master........best ever

Yeah I dont think I need a whole 20-30 piece set but essentials and a sciccors should do

Not used to chef knife actually but i'm back to cooking these days and keep getting frustrated with dull ones I have. Tried to get some fillets from a whole fish the other day, butchered the fucking thing