Well maybe you should start practicing instead of complaining

>You'll never make great sincere music

Not with that attitude

I don't know how to write sincere lyrics or be poetic/profound
My life is pretty boring, I've never kissed a girl and I don't have any friends
You can't make that interesting

>women
>friends
Let me guess, you've fallen for the life experience meme too? All you're telling me is you have two fewer distractions from making music than the average fag.

>i've never kissed a girl and i don't have any friends
that on its own is interesting. start there.
i can't really help u other than that. i don't think that my life is interesting so i write about my friends instead but that isn't an option for u

>Implying that life experience isn't important
You can have all the time in the world to write music and nothing to write it about if you haven't done shit with your life.

>I've never kissed a girl and I don't have any friends
There are so many people on this planet that relate to that, what the fuck are you on about?
Even more so if you don't discuss it directly.
Everyone knows the feels of isolation and rejection
>>Nobody will ever love you
Literally a sincere song topic. Get to work fuccboi.

>two decades and two years of fear
>from rejection, protecting myself from the projection that will soon dissapear
>friends always come but they never stay
>fate awaits we all fade away
>a catch, 22, i'll never have you

do shit with your life. go lift weights and get confidence, people will be attracted to you and you'll get friends maybe even a gf, then you will have experiences

>implying you aren't constantly experiencing and doing shit with your life

how do you practice sincerity? isn't that the opposite of being sincere.

wow OP we are similar. id write music about that feel if i knew how to play an instrument.

nice

Experiencing total failure as a man and a social animal is an experience.
I would argue it's even more of an experience than normies would know.
Stop making excuses.

it's hard to write a song about sitting in your bedroom and not feel like it's trash on par with crywank. i've tried.

Sound of gunshot to head.

thank you

>that on its own is interesting.
It's really not that interesting, or at least I can't think of an interesting way to express it.
I also have clinical depression and anxiety. Most people self-medicate with drugs/alcohol, but I've never had either and don't want to, so I can't make music about being a drug addict.

>There are so many people on this planet that relate to that, what the fuck are you on about?
>Literally a sincere song topic. Get to work fuccboi.
Maybe I should've said that I'm just not talented.

half the people on this board listen to music with the exact same lyrical content you just said. write about it

Drug abuse is an amazing muse

You don't write about what physical act you are literally doing you hack. Name one good lyric that does that.

You write about the emotions that that act creates for you, without saying what that act is.
use metaphor nigga, like goddamn.

Face it, you can't write songs, not because you 'don't do anything', but because you're a talentless hack.
You're probably pointing at us right now.

>Experiencing total failure as a man and a social animal is an experience.
Not an interesting one you could write about. Everyday of my life for the past 6 years has been thinking about sex and how much I wan to kill myself.

>half the people on this board listen to music with the exact same lyrical content you just said.
[spoiler]I want to do hip-hop though[/spoiler]

why are you so angry
i don't know what you would consider "good" so i'm not going to list any lines i particularly like
anyway you can totally write about a specific event or physical action as long as that carries an emotional weight with it. look at any storytelling songwriter.

theirs such thing as depressing hip-hop. and being a rapper that writes about loneliness would be pretty interesting and original.

i love lonely/sad hip-hop. just go for it and get some feedback. it sounds like you're just too depressed to actually begin a project.

>Not an interesting one you could write about
Of course it is.

>You write about the emotions that that act creates for you
I guess I don't know how to describe emotions then

>it sounds like you're just too depressed to actually begin a project.
Yeah, I can't focus a lot because I get distracted by how much I hate myself.
On Friday I blacked out in the middle of class.

>being a rapper that writes about loneliness would be pretty interesting and original.
It's just difficult to figure out, I can't brag about how much I hate myself or talk about how small my dick is. Nobody wants to hear that shit.

he mentioned metaphor directly. invent a scenario that represents the emotion you're experiencing. almost all music is at least somewhat fictional. look to your favorite songwriters for influence.

hip-hop doesn't need to involve braggadocio. you're being clouded by convention.
i'm also diagnosed with mdd and have been in that situation before. it's really difficult to get any kind of work done, creative or otherwise, when you're in that sort of a rut.

Wait, you were complaining about not being able to make sincere music, but you actually just want to do the typical bragging hip hop lyrics?
top lmao kid.
A suicidal rapper actually sounds interesting as long as the edgyness is kept to a minimum.
And you're completely ignoring it because you want to be like every other dip shit "muh dik, muh money" rapper.
baka senpai

>tfw write lyrics hoping someone would sing them
>people online are interested
>however they never finish singing a couple of verses
>if they do their voice is so shitty it could break my windows
These assholes are the reason I decided doing instrumentals only.

why don't you sing them asshole

If I could sing I wouldn't have searched for singers pleb.

I'm not sure what I wan to do or how to do it, I don't think there's any precedent for me.
Earl makes depressing rap, but he's boring as fuck and Tyler makes depressing rap, but he's edgy as fuck.
Ideally I want to make music that sounds like Graduation, Late Registration, and MBDTF, but other than Kanye most of the rap I listen to is gangster shit that influences me even if I don't want it too.

>you're being clouded by convention.
Yeah, exactly. Wish I had read this when I was replying to that other post.
>it's really difficult to get any kind of work done, creative or otherwise, when you're in that sort of a rut.
Just tired all the time, even when it doesn't make sense.

>earl
>boring as fuck
i'm done helping u

What genre is it? You can get it away with having a mediocre voice in some genres, like Bob Dylan.

>six sickening sex stricken years
>I long for an end but it never nears
>no amount of cheers will be worthwhile
>while i'll account for all these tears
>nihilistic narcissist, who's pain perpetually persists
>a pathetic pessimist, who's strain eventually resists
>Sophisticated suffocation and a noose neck tied, slit wrists >I can't cry, my eyes have gone dry
>I'm must be too tired to try, since i just won't wait to die
>instinct is distinct, sexist: exist or be extinct

this is so bad

I've tried listening to Earl multiple times and each time I fall asleep almost immediately.

just practice :^)
do it better if you can, not a lot to go with

HOLY SHIT this is terrible

Idk I think it depends entirely on how its performed.
I've definitely read actual lyrics out of context that were worse, and the song itself wasn't bad.

>Not an interesting one you could write about
Is this kid fucking serious? Some of the greatest music ever made was written by people people who went through just that.

>Some of the greatest music ever made
And what do you consider "some of the greatest music ever made"?

>ywn have a nazi weeb black qt gf

Music for this feel?

Jeez, chill the fuck out. Be yourself, man.

lol

>You'll never make great sincere music and write lyrics people can relate to
Make instrumental music?

Top 40 material right there!

I can't and don't want to.

Then sell your soul and try your best to become a pop star. There's no way you won't be heard then.

>implying anyone cares about instrumental music

>I can't and don't want to.
This has more to do with personality and behavior rather than inability.

Yeah. However, there are so many great artists whose music is mostly instrumental or who drown out their vocals so being able to sing or have relatable lyrics doesn't matter when the music is good. Also, regardless, there is a lot of popular instrumental music that people care about.

The moment that happened, mediocrity sadly became the norm.

No, I really can't. I actually do want to be able to produce at some point, but everytime I've downloaded a program like FL Studio I would get overwhelmed really quickly and pussy out.

I don't think my laptop can handle that shit anyway.

lightnings flashing, shining through my energy,
sandnigger bashing and melanin synergy
a girlfriend i wont be trading till i defeat my virginity

Tried my best. pls rate

Writing music that resonates with anyone is hard as shit. You can try a thousand compositions, complex or simple, and nobody will pick it up. I've ever seen people who liked the music, but didn't like the aesthetic, so the whole thing didn't resonate with them. What the fuck does that even mean "i don't like the aesthetic"? Instruments? Performance? Vocalization? God damned cover art? Finding what in the holy fuck people care about is harder than actually composing, recording, mixing and mastering a track.

>I don't think my laptop can handle that shit anyway.
Unless you're using a 10 year old dell, you should be fine, as long as you don't put shitton of plugins everywhere.

>Finding what in the holy fuck people care about is harder than....
Oh, so you want to make pop trash. never mind then.

This is what happens when you're empty inside.

What kind of music are you trying to make? I tried asking this earlier, but the site went down for 10 minutes or so.

hip-hop

Figures...

Why ask if you were just gonna be a dick about it?

I don't see how I've really insulted you. And I actually gave you advice here: Take it as you will.

thanks man

Well why don't you write about this feel?

you can make great art regardless of your personal life circumstance. look at emily dickinson, literal shut-in. bradford cox (of deerhunter and atlas sound) is asexual and, naturally, a virgin. just write poetically about how lonely you feel, so much great music has been about that. if you can't, the problem is with your own songwriting skills, not your life.

At least practice writing poetry or something

Write about loneliness and your insecurities. Every aspect of life can be interesting if you put feelings to it.

>I don't know how to write sincere lyrics or be poetic/profound
>My life is pretty boring, I've never kissed a girl and I don't have any friends

This is 80% of the way there to a Car Seat Headrest lyric.

i need one of those tbqh

Dude just make the lyrics you want to. There will always come people who will be able to connect with the lyrics, if the lyrics are honest.

are these Korn lyrics?

>Write about loneliness and your insecurities.
I did know how to, that's the point
It's always shit and corny
The best thing I've ever wrote was a rap about slavery for my US History class

The criteria was sexual thoughts and suicide, so p much yes

>I've never kissed a girl and I don't have any friends
literally the perfect foundation for writing lyrics donn't you think?

"ramblings of a madman"

>literally the perfect foundation for writing lyrics donn't you think?
Not for the genre I want to work in

This, here is a song for you, for free:
I never kissed a girl
I don't know if I like it
If I like it

>I can't brag about how much I hate myself

>Nobody wants to hear that shit.

Fuck
This doesn't change anything
I don't even like Biggie
My mom knew Biggie
I know this song and I don't know how people listen to it because it's not fun to listen to
I want to make something contemplative like Kanye on Graduation and MBDTF
But obviously, I'm not Kanye West and I don't have the same life history or experience as Kanye West
I barely remember most of my life, I blurred a lot of shit out.
I actually do want to write about school like Ye did, but I can't ever focus or remember what I hate about school until I'm in the moment.
I can relate to Kanye rapping about being hated, but I'm not comfortable with people hating me like he is because I hate myself too

Well, I think I like honesty in the songs and music as an artform serves to express emotions be they bad or good, when I'm angry or frustated nothing express it better that blastbeats on some metal song that's why this kind of music is so popular among angsty teenagers, they're on this lifestage. I also do suspect there's some appeal on self-imolation on stage that's why artists like Amy Whinehouse and The Smiths are popular, I'm not glorifying that behaviour but I think there's something "truer" there, that's why I mostly can't relate to the average radiosong.

thank you

actually no, you can work on making sincere music that isn't cringey, its hard to do. like writing personal thoughts and shit.

Yeah, I've never been good at expressing my personal thoughts.

ayy Little Dicky, you just gotta go take a walk in the rain alone and take a risk

seriously go to a club and get your face fucked up, go walk through the forest and get your face fucked up, go down the highway (and get your face fucked up)

it'll really change who you are and give you direction

fuck off to /r9k/ you fucking loser

xxxtentacion bitched about that shit in rap. not that much, but dude think about it. That's some rarley done stuff. you can be a trendsetter and start emo rap.