Have you ever saved a life Sup Forums? How did it make you feel?

Have you ever saved a life Sup Forums? How did it make you feel?
I did once, kinda.

>be me, warm summer day watching summer olympics
>garden door is open, slowly become aware of a faint sound
>is it tv? sounds like faint cry for help
>walk into garden, hear it again, definitely not tv
>walk onto parking lot that's behind my garden
>parking is totally empty, not a soul, hear it again though
>suddenly see some cloth from under a garden gate, try open gate but something is blocking it
>climb over fence, femanon lying on the ground blocking gate
>"are you ok femanon, did you fall"
>"user, I suddenly lost all feeling in my legs. I can't get up. I have an auto immune disease though"
>not doctor but figure maybe it's her disease acting up. I'll just call an ambulance, she'll spend maybe a night in the hospital and be right as rain in the morning.
>call ambulance, they arrive in minutes, let them take over and go back to watching swimming
>never once thought that her life was in any immediate danger

>fast forward about 6 weeks
>doorbell rings, it's some elderly lady, "what can I do for you m'am?"
>"user, some weeks ago there was an ambulance on the parking lot, do you remember? do you know who called it?"
>"yes, that was me m'am."
>lady breaks into tears and start thanking me
>apparently it wasn't her disease acting up, the femanon, the lady's daughter, was having a brain anurism
>doctors told her that if that ambulance had been called any later her daughter would have been a vegetable
>lady had already lost her husband a year earlier, she couldn't imagine what she'd done if she'd lost her daughter to
>mfw I'd never been thanked for saving a life before
>mfw i had no face

It was a strange feeling to be thanked for saving a life. It was almost like I could have died happy then and there, my excistence had been meaningfull.

Combat Paramedic Here..

Great Feeling

ICU doc here. Every day.

Sister fell through ice in a frozen stream while ice fishing in the Yukon (Canada)

The current sucked her under the ice, but having been there in the summer once before I knew that the stream wasn't deeper than 5 feet, just high current

>be 15 at the time, sister 11. homeschooled, no internet, TV, not connected to power grid living very rurally. Was weird/awkward as fuck but knew outdoor survival like no other, so I had the instinct to deal with this

>took a running jump into the ice at a bend in the stream about 10 feet down from where she fell in

>up to my throat in freezing cold water, current wasn't very strong due to the time of year, otherwise I could have never done this
>desperately feel around to catch her as she floats by, there wasn't much room on either side so she basically had to bump into me

>I don't feel her and panic, turn facing downstream and reach out. Feel her snowsuit
>she had been caught on a fallen tree under the snow and ice.

>I often think about the fact that I might not have tried to reach in that direction

>hauling someone out of a frozen lake/river is not fucking easy. Takes at least 3 minutes of struggling

>immediately rush her home on snowmobile
>both of our snowsuits are frozen solid by the time we get back
>She has hypothermia, rushed to hospital
>I had kept warm by carrying her etc,

Mfw I just got yelled at for not watching over her better

Mfw she's now a druggie bitch on some nasty northern reserve, absolute cunt.

Gave a family member who was choking on food once the heimlich (sp) and it worked great.
It was a jarring experience but I was so thankful I learned it.

I turned away the only girl that took interest in me. I saved her life alright.

I went wayyyyy out of my way to keep two black drug dealers i didn't know from getting shot once
>mfw now i'm racist as a result
oh well

Saved a once friend from suicide...3 times. Kinda regret it
And not that petty "my life sucks. I'm gonna kill myself" bs either. But yeah...should have let him do it

TFW I forgot my face

Oh well I don't have any good reaction images on mobile

You did good bro

Are you a fucking eskimo or something?

A quarter, yes

I moved south and made something of myself though. I'm more German than anything so I'm not getting drunk and fucking my cuzins

any fucked up stories?

An intoxicated man tried to cross subway train tracks, tripped and smashed his head on the tracks.

Pulled his unconscious ass out of it just in time to get out as well and not being crushed by the incoming subway.

>swimming with my son and my then-girlfriend's daughter (age 5 or 6 at the time)
>not paying any attention to her
>notice she's underwater with her eyes open, not moving
>pull her out of the pool, hit her on the back until she coughs up water
>mfw almost let a kid die

Another northern story, drunk guy passed out at -40

12 year old me found an Eskimo popsicle behind a dumpster

Lived on a farm and had seen it with animals, so understood and accepted what had happened
Told my big city girlfriend about this many years later and she tried to make me seek counseling lol

called an ambulance for some random college kid who was chocking on his own puke. Bystanders were doing nothing, so I put him on his side and slapped him in the face to get him to wake up. Kid was barely concious so I told 2 bystanders to stay with me until the ambulance arrived. Sometimes you have to take action when no one else is helping out, otherwise you become victim of the bystander effect.

Usually I don't save lives tho, but I do provide a lot of first aid. usually cuts, bruises, stabilising broken limbs etc. I just like doing that kind of thing, makes me feel like a medic who is patching up his fellow mates.

Story? Should have let natural selection take place though, they've probably raped a good deal since then

That's some fucked up shit man. I lived in the mountains here in Colorado for a long time and always heard stories like that, but they were more like urban legends.

They're all so fucked up nothing stands out anymore.

Kid buys motorcycle, rides to another city to buy a helmet, obviously not wearing one, gets brain tenderized after falling.
Lady gets half her brain removed with an axe by her husband. She's still alive, sort of.
Guys breaks up with his grillfriend, drives like mad through the city, finally smashes into a car on the opposite lane, kills the occupants. He gets to stay in the icu in a persistent vegetative state for 2 years, turns into a 50 pound rigid plank. I mean I could lift him by the ankle and he'd only make contact with the bed at the head.
60+ year old stuffs a glass up his rectum, it breaks, has to get shards removed. Kinda like 1man1jar.

lel counselling because you saw a dead person. shit happens man, grills don't understand because they're sheltered as fuck

I sometimes forget how far out it is, and now that I live in a big city every once and a while I realize that I came from such a different lifestyle.

>One gas station for 400km, and it didn't have Any posted hours, you just had to have the guys phone number

>when roads would snow in/wash out we hunted to survive. I went weeks just eating caribou, cranberries, carrots potatoes and rice multiple times.

>all anyone ever drove was 1980's ford pickups, they where the only trucks that could handle the cold (and snowmobiles of course)

Been search and rescued twice, hit 2 bears one moose 2 caribou and one deer, froze one of my pinky fingers so bad the tip fell off, broke my goggle strap while snowmobiling at 125 km/hr at -40 and the wind chill was so extreme I had serious frostbite on my cheek by the time I stopped my skidoo, still have a scar to this day

I miss it though. Life was more real. I don't like cell service, and could do without internet

>Canoe tipped about a km away from nearest shore into water that was barely above freezing while we were camping in the bum fuck middle of nowhere.
>I'm a strong swimmer and have some innawoods knowledge

>So buddy is panicking because it's so cold.
>We cant talk for some reason, so cold only grunts come out when we try to speak.
>I somehow manage to get him to calm down with my body language.
> I see the fear in his eyes.
>I know ita up to me now to save our asses.
>We swam most of the way to shore. About 100 meters left.
> Hes shaking like a leaf, early onset of hypothermia I suppose.
>We're moving really slow because of lfe jackets.
I make the decision to take off my life jacket as I know I can make the rest of the swim and I'm more worried about body temp than drowning
>Grab buddys jacket and tug him the remainder of the way
>Get to shore, I have water proof matches on me
>No dry lumber to start fire to warm up but dry pine needles all over the place.
>Make huge piles and start fire
>Buddy is so cold he can't even really function so he just sits there shaking
>I gotchu famalam
>We warm up a bit as we dry our clothes over the fire
>My shorts catch on fire
>Mfw
>Run out of pine needles eventually and sun will be setting soon
>We need to get back to camp for warmer clothrs and fire or we're fucked
>Over the hour or so we were the the canoe drifted while upside close to a point in the distance I could see it
>Praise Allah
>Walk over there and jump in the water and drag it back to shore
>I'm cold again but I have dry clothes at least
>I manage to convince buddy to get his ass back in canoe
>We make it back safely and get comfy

I'd rather die out in the wild instead of being run over by some random drunk driver in the city.

you're a true boss and a real manly man

True, although there's plenty of drunk driving out thataway. Some of The small communities of the north are the most toxic envirements I've ever been to.
When I moved south I moved to Surrey, BC (whalley for those who know the area)
It's basically Canada's worst ghetto

Being a mostly white person in a native area that secluded is very very dangerous.

More drug abuse, violence, inbreeding and illiteracy than anywhere else per capita.

Too bad because the land is fucking amazing there

I bet the dumb bitch didn't even give you any gold

kek, no, I got some flowers, a Hallmark card and some chocolate. Oh, and her gratitude of course.

It's highly gang related, would rather not tell it anymore. I did it for the city I love, have you considered that angle?

If you want a good story with a racist protagonist, may I recommend John Wayne's best movie, The Searchers. Or better yet, make your own story, that's what I did, and know that you'll probably live, even if it seems like you definitely won't.

That ain't worth shit! You got jipped, dude. You can't buy pizza with gratitude.

I'll save lives right now

Don't use vaccines, don't get chemotherapy

>here's a story about how me and a buddy saved our own lives

> me, and an electrician buddy on boating trip
>bring a sat phone, some camping gear, spur of the moment hunting trip

>both experienced outdoorsmen

>set up camp on second night and then go out to hunt

>return, camp torn up by bear, boat is gone (it was found a few days later, bear had tried to climb in and pulled the tree out of the ground. Badly anchored by us, no food, no tent, nothing.

But we had a few knickknacks that we had unloaded first that where under a tarp on the shore

>satellite phone and GPS share the same battery
>was using GPS earlier that day
>try to call a buddy to come pick us up
>battery is kill
>charger was on boat with generator
>>at least 10 days on foot away from the nearest empty dirt road
>not a commonly traveled river. We took a side stream that leads to a deserted mining town many hundreds of kilometers away
>been dropping below zero every night, snow is bout do come

We knew we where INA a bad position, and spent one hard hungry night under a tree

>next day, brainstorming
>we had an electric battery powered saw, way too high of voltage, but we also had a lamp that you could plug into a generator

Light bulb and sat phone are both 12 volt car plug in chargers

GTFO of my thread tinfoil hippie!

Break open the saw's battery under electricity bro's instructions
Battery is made of two smaller batteries, still too powerful for phone

>bro says we need wire
>I break open light bulb from lamp and use the filament
>electric bro uses the (transistors or capacitors, idk) from the lamp to wire the batteries to the back of the sat phone, we make a 25 second phone call before the phone fried and stopped working

>managed to say we where in trouble to his wife, she knew what river we where on

A day and a half later SAR arrives

Thank god. I felt like bear gryllis after. Electric bro basically saved my life, but I helped with some good ideas

Saved the life of my mate M 4 times, saved my mate B twice and my mate A once. All tried suicide. Other than that I have saved the lives of 18 other people by talking them out of suicide, but that was volunteer work for a suicide helpline.

kekeldodeldoo

Be me, lifeguard.
Save a life almost every week.

Man i'm a fucking idiot. Meant to put "They each felt really good because it felt like someone was actually thankful to me for a change. Never felt that in any other instance.