I make music, and I am bored of making the same kind of shit that everyone else has already done...

I make music, and I am bored of making the same kind of shit that everyone else has already done. I am basically just trying to find new styles of weird electronic music. Any suggestions on cool stuff/influences I could listen to?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!HNFxDI7I!bTFKq0Knr5sq2ZMyjeJp0ByB0AQkXCUaTGDhlrTqTWc
youtube.com/watch?v=ebLYgVPDORM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

0PN's stuff is great.

Thanks! I'll give it a listen.

>I want to make unique music
>give me artists who I can copy

The Lemon of Pink

copying = inspiration

keking out so hard an I'm not even OP

This is worth studying for its sound design.

Yeah agreed. OP here and to be perfectly honest all music is inspired by other music and you can't deny that. Building off the past allows for new stuff to be created. Inspiration doesn't happen in a vacuum.

Nice! I was just reading into this after you posted it. Sounds super interesting. I have been listening to a bit of Pierre Schaeffer recently and old musique concrete stuff.

OP here. I have been been listening to a lot of SOPHIE because of his sound design. Partially why I posted the monomachine. He has some cool sounds.

Also try Arca or Iglooghost if you haven't already.

Got both of those in my list already hahahahaha I love &&&&& by Arca

What's a good starting point for SOPHIE?

I was really into Farmers Manual a couple of years ago.
They have a playful and disjointed vibe that I haven't found anywhere else.
Here is fsck, my favorite of the bunch : mega.nz/#!HNFxDI7I!bTFKq0Knr5sq2ZMyjeJp0ByB0AQkXCUaTGDhlrTqTWc
No Backup is also good.

You could also check out NMO, Matmos, Alva Noto, the first DAT Politics albums, Tone Rec, Rechenzentrum, Pan Sonic, Oval, SND, System Error and Bernard Parmegiani.

Try some Black Dice

youtube.com/watch?v=ebLYgVPDORM

360 & walk away

AFX/Aphex Twin

Came here to post this.

>doesn't know opn already
holy shit

I've learned a lot/ gotten a lot of inspiration in terms of chord changes and dissonance from Elliot Smith's works. You should study those even if you're just doing electronic music.

Venetian Snares