Hi, I'm seeing Death Grips tomorrow in Brussels. Anyone will be there...

Hi, I'm seeing Death Grips tomorrow in Brussels. Anyone will be there? I'll be with a friend and I'll wear a DG sweatshirt :^)

Facebook tells me the show starts at 8PM and ends around 10:30PM, will they actually play for two hours? They're the only band playing this night.

I was gonna, but had no one to go with ;n; enjoy, though

man, you should go alone, jump everywhere, drink a shit ton of beer and have the best time of your life.

just meet op there? honestly id kill to go to that concert, regardless of whos coming

saw them in london,

2 hours of drone for a support act and then they just come out and play nonstop for an hour and a half, then they leave.

you're in for a treat

if you go and you see me (I'm a bit fat, short brown hair, probably talking loudly) just talk to me and tell me you're that guy from Sup Forums, we'll drink beer and be friends.

fuck that seems great. I'm hyped.

I'll really consider it~
Hope you don't speak french, though, I'm not quite good at french to have a conversation desu.

I speak french but I can speak english. If I don't wear my DG sweatshirt I'll wear a GY!BE sweatshirt.

(please don't call me a meme I just like to wear band shirts at shows)

Pls don't wear a dg shirt at a dg show...
Is it at the AB?

yeah. First time there, I'm french. Is the place nice?

the real question is, who's going to amsterdam today?

Doors open at 8:00 and they'll start at 9:00pm. I was right at the front for one show and after 4 songs I couldn't handle my rib cage being pushed in to the railing, there's no point staying at the front unless you are an immovable object. Either way the shows get intense but it's a lot of fun, hearing the music live and seeing the entire band up there killing it is certainly the best thing to happen to me all year. Oh, and don't wear your jumper, or you will die of overheating. Take something you can take off and leave at coat check as I'm sure it will be cold after the show. Have fun and get in the pit

thanks a lot for these advices. Also I guess earplugs are a necessity?

I'm going tonight in Amsterdam pretty hyped desu

yea man, amsterdam will be messed up.

Looks like a fun venue too, thought they were playing at the main Paradiso hall at first, but this one seems a bit more intimate.

I was there

someone asked my friend if he learned about DG from anthony fantano videos. topkek'd

I'll be there as well. I'm almost certain 75% of the audience also shitposts here.

was there
place was full of white nerds, someone started shouting about subway sandwiches and heard a couple 'ye boiiiiss'
but they all turned out to be hyper violent fuckers when dg came on - great fun

i brought them but thought ive got one chance to see them, theyre not actually as loud as stuff like swans was, enjoy it

>someone started shouting about subway sandwiches and heard a couple 'ye boiiiiss'
what the fuck

was at Roundhouse last night, was wondering if anyone knows whether they put up pics from their shows?

Hey I was there last night, holy fuck that was beyond insane. Mostly young hipsters but when Whatever I Want begam playing they went i to fucking overdrive, nearly got crushed in the cnetre of it all. Ears still ringing, lost a shoe, twisted my ankle but I'm still so buzzed.

Zach and Stefan were absolute fucking demons, especially Zach drumming the entire time with a suit on and Stefan gradually tearing it off and going nuts.

Amazing set too, they played so many songs from pretty much every album, my friend and I absolutely lost our shit when Lord Of The Game began

I've never been in a show with a lot of moshing before. Any advices?

Depends on you as a person, if you're a big guy you shouldnt have too much trouble but if you're smaller or skinnier then try to avoid the absolute centre because you will get heaved about with the crowd in every direction. People are usually nice about it; most people that fall over quickly get pulled up by everyone around them by extending a hand or so but maybe aim for the centre back area, or even the absolute front. Closer you get to the front and centre the more chaos you'll get sucked into. If you feel like you're doing alright then go for it, if you dont think you can manage it then stay centre back or maybe go around the wings/sides of stage. Me and my friend after a while couldnt hack it any more so we just went to the side of the stage by the speakers and had a great view of all three of them. I locked eyes with Stefan a few times actually, dude is a fucking beast. So fucking lean as well, you can see it in pictures but seeing him in the flesh is just something else. Same goes for Andy and Zach to be fair, aespecially Zach - my appreciation for his drumming has tripled after that show in London last night.

Also if you have any valuables that might slip out its a good idea to use a cloakroom if available, long ass queue after the show but again it depends on how confident you are on hanging onto your phone, wallet etc. Kinda sucks I didnt get any pictures or videos but at the same time I feel like my phone wouldve gotten utterly smashed if I had even a single moment of loose grip or got pushed or whatever.

At the end of the day just enjoy the show, feel the vibe, if you feel like going fucking nuts no ones gonna bat an eyelid, same goes for if you wanna hang by the edges. People are attracted to areas matching their energy, if you get what I mean. Last thing - if you decide to hang close to the speakers, WEAR EARPLUGS. That's all I'm going to say.

I saw them in Dublin just over two weeks ago, there was no support, they played a Shepherd tone for an hour with some samples from what sounded like Hammer Horror films and old news reports on top. They came out and played for about an hour and a half then, there was a pretty good mix of material from all their albums but a bit more from NLDW and The Money Store than others. Expect the mosh pit to be very intense.

Who /amsterdamshow/ tonight?

everything I could dream of.

I'm going to put all my valuables in my bag which will be in the claokroom, and I really want to destroy my brain so I'll try the centre ; if that's too much for me I'll just go to the sides.

Thanks a lot for that answer.

Dam show lads what the fuck up?

Y'all getting high for the show boys?

y'talkin MDMA and the like?
If I can get some tbhwyf

Nah, more like getting high on a heavy sativa

Fuck that man, it's Death Grips, you'll want to be energised like.
I've been looking for Buckfast in the Dam for the last few days and it seems nowhere sells it, which is a shame as it really is the perfect Death Grips drink

Yeah I know, sativa is the stuff that gets you energized. But I've already seen them so i know what I'm in for. Defi itely not getting drunk tho

Why would you not get drunk?

>Defi itely not getting drunk tho
why not? I was thinking of having a few beers before.

If you notice an obnoxiously drunk Irish lad, that'll be me

I'm feeling you. I have exams at 8:30 in the morning the day after, so I'm going completely sober. Wish they would have just done it on Saturday, but what can you do.

>tfw 9am class Monday morning
At least I have possible food poisoning so I won't be able to drink anyway

i'm going too but I don't want to be associated with anyone who looks even remotely like a meme

Hahaha, going to dg with possible food poisoning is still pretty ballsy, good luck. My advice from someone who has crohn's and suffers from naseau a lot of times during concerts, take a puking bag with you, people won't appreciate it if you suddenly projectile vomit in the crowd.

>;n;
>

Thats a perfect way to describe it, that's exactly what me and my friend were saying to eachother afterwards. Everything we could have hoped for and more.

Enjoy the show dude, glad my answer helped out.

>ignores the thread and singles out the one worst post
I mean thats actually pretty hilarious I'll give you that but why the fuck am I even replying

That's a good idea actually, I think I will. Though I hope I'll be able to make it to the bathroom. Say hi if you see someone fervently clutching a SuperValu bag, I guess.

Fuck the bathroom if you can't make it, just do it outside the main room if you can, people have done more emberassing shit at these shows.

If you see a skinny guy white guy (then again, who isn't at these shows) with an orange backpack, that's me, if you need meds to help against some naseau and you're in need of spare earplugs (not amazing, but they might do the job), I got 'em.

i went stone cold sober, still moshed the whole night, it's inescapable - there literally wasn't room to not get punched

people say DG fans are annoying meme faggots, but I've rarely seen such a friendly thread on Sup Forums.

Getting extremely noided here lads.
Departing to the venue in a few, never been this fucking hype for a concert before

If you see a big (4U) guy dressed in black with a small girl say hi lads

I really only wanted to get high since alcohol makes me disconnect with whats going on around me, weed intensifies it. But now I'm sitting in a bar having beers so I guess I'm just going to get completely fucked. Anyways, I wanna see y'all in the pit tonght, shit's gon be wild.

Dam gig lads, where do you get this fucking boat to the gig from centraal station? pls help

saw them in london, lost my phone and top and got a black eye and bust lip

amazing time and amazing set

fuckers are crazy especially when whatever i wanted began

if you'r going to see them i suggest not taking stuff into the stage with you (my phone got grabbed)

and another friend was felt up

be safe and stay noided lads

Other side of the station. There are three ferries, the two on the left side (when facing the channel) go to the venue.

i heard someone say nice meme at one point

>phone
>to a dg concert
>in britainstan
Lucky you didn't get shot

Me n my mate just took a walk around the venue and came around exactly the moment the band got off their van. Boys, I'm more noided than ever.

,>someone started shouting about subway sandwiches and heard a couple 'ye boiiiiss'

only at a deathgrips concert keep it meme bois

LOL

Not even kidding that might've been me

Green military jacket, TOOL T-Shirt even though I haven't liked TOOL for a couple of years,

Not him but yeah it's a nice venue. I saw Death Grips in Brussels back in 2012 when they released No Love Deep Web, but it was at Magasin4 (in front of Tour & Taxis). The show was amazing, the most intense i've ever went to. Enjoy.

was this the roundhouse gig?
and
are they wearing suits?....

yes.

and yes.

they wore suits.

the irony is real, I'm very jealous. Didn't get that kind of special treatment at village underground

yeah Stefan ripped his shirt off half way through the show in some manic fit, threw it into the crowd and got the pit going

was a pretty good show tbqh

>Saw Death Grips in Cologne
>Managed to fight my way to the first row in the house and had MC Ride in front of me the whole time
Fuck, I had so much fun. This was incredible and I already want to see them again.
I really should've bought tickets for several events. I know that I've had an incredible experience, and yet I'm jealous of those that still get to see them. Next tour when?

Was there as well
I didn't realise he threw his shirt in. i would have killed someone to get it.

Thoughts on Amsterdam show?

Were you the Guy with the curly Hair and stellar conditioner?

No do not keep it meme. It's obnoxious

holy shit what, why the suits?

didnt read the thread but i was at the cologne show. their opener plays a set and then theres aa pretty short break and then the grips ´play 1 hour only, but without break inbetween, nonstop music
guillotine is last
no encore, but you wont want it

I was there, too. I wouldn't have minded another hour to be honest.

Just got home from their Amsterdam show.

Fucking go, it's worth it. Goddamn the crowd went wild.

zeg tegen georgios dat hij kanker moet krijgen

It was the shit yes, fucking go

Kek

en dat nuclear devestation een schijtband is

Just came home too, shit was fucking amazing

>tfw i managed to secure a place at the front, up against the fence

Feels good mane.

I wonder how long you will have an imprint of that fence you got pushed into for an hour, really preferred being in the pit.

Magasin4 best venue.

I'm going to ab in December to see Crystal castles, I might make a thread a couple of days before.

Can I smoke joints in ab?

I had a spot on rhe right front, blasted my ears off tho but worth it

Holy shit that was amazing. I feel like I just woke up from a dream