Your honest opinion on this album?

Your honest opinion on this album?

Did it age well?

not particularly, it sounds fairly bland now to the point where it's an album you could respect but not necessarily enjoy just for the way it sounds imo.

sounds muddier and more dated than Surfer Rosa which also has better songs

It's kind of bad in my opinion. It's too "le quirky" and can be particularly boring at times.

I listened to this album for the first time and genuinely enjoyed it. Gouge away and debaser were 2 particular highlights.

SLICING UP MY BALLS

Huh, I think it's an incredible album that has aged quite well. People will be contrarians about everything I suppose.

I don't dislike it, but at the same time I don't understand why it's at or near the very top of so many "Best of the 80s" lists

I used to think this album was overrated as hell but its grown on me so much. All the songs are to the point and full of interesting moments. Pixies were a really special band. It just takes the ability to see past their influence to appreciate

Monkey Gone To Heaven makes me so happy for some reason

AAAAH HA HA HO

>sounds muddier and more dated than Surfer Rosa which also has better songs
funny, because the average new listener would say the opposite

GOT KILLED BY TEN MILLION POUNDS OF SLUDGE FROM NEW YORK AND NEW JERSEY

Every doolittle thread just makes me want to listen to it again regardless of what people are saying

Pixies' magnum opus

It's good, but not as raw or consistent as Surfer Rosa.

i'm really biased towards this album cuz it was my first Real Music Album after my middle school mall goth phase

i still love it 10 years later

I would say Doolittle is more consistent than Surfer Rosa

if you sat people down and made them listen to both albums i think most would assume Surfer Rosa came out later. Doolittle has more of a poppy 80s alt rock vibe to it, especially the opening of Debaser and Wave of Mutilation.

not implying that makes either superior

So I'm one of the few here that absolutely loves the production this album?

it varies for me. Some songs are fucking nuts but others are completely boring imo.

HOPE EVERYTHING IS AAAALRIIIIIGHTHEEHEEHEEHEE

Maybe it didn't. It's still fucking great though, and one of my all time favorites

Nope, I love it too.

DO YOU HAVE ANOTHER OPINIONNN

WERE CHAIN-EEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

THEN THE DEVIL IS SIX

Whores in my head
whores at the door
whore in my bed
BUT HEY

WHEEEEEEEEEERE

HAVE YOUUUU

>did doolittle age well
>this thread

Well you have shit taste then. Doolittle has legitimately boring tracks on it.

that's the beauty of it

It wasn't particularly exciting. Debaser was a strong moment but otherwise it's nothing overwhelming. I think the timing of it is what makes it so popular, though. It was innovative for its time, but nothing to fawn over now.