EU appreciaton thread

Where are my fellow Eurobros?
Lets celebrate the European Union and the improvements it has brought to our lives.

Here is just one of many examples:
neweurope.eu/press-release/end-of-roaming-charges-for-travellers-in-the-eu-in-2017/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kbJcQYVtZMo
bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-38264203
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

sage

How much does the bureaucracy of Democratic Deconstruction Consultation Commission Committee they pay you to shitpost on here? Do they give you a mercedes? How much do they pay you to post pics of "Turk '''''''''qts'''''''" in attempt to sway people's minds about getting Turkey to join the EU?

Putinbots and globalists want weak Europe, so expect heavy shilling.

It's nice that I can travel and not worry about currency.
>Burger in a travel group
>no chip on a bank card
>can't use ATMs etc

lel

And here it comes. Was a good thread.

Unfortunately the EU will eventually disintegrate in our lifetimes and the future after that seems pretty, pretty dark.

Just imagine what it could have been but no, we didn't want to involve in the development of the EU and lobbies did instead. So wrong.

Thank you, friend
On this board, it is really hard to tell how many people are meming and how many genuinly dislike the EU

>Burger in a travel group
>no chip on a bank card
>can't use ATMs etc
What are you talking about, we can use ATM's fine in the EU.. I did like two weeks ago. There is just like a 5 euro charge for processing.

>Russians mentioned

ARGH THOSE RUSSIANS ARE BEHIND EVERYTHING
THEY WANT TO STEAL OUR FREEDOM! (they don't)
THEY WANT TO RIG OUR ELECTIONS! (which don't matter in EU anyways because parliamentarians have no power to draft laws and their votes are usually non-binding)
YOU'RE A NATIONALIST? THAT'S NOT WHAT THE WESTPHALIAN TRADITION OF EUROPE IS BUILT UPON! (it is)
YOU'RE ANTI-EUROPEAN AND PRO PUTIN!
YOU'RE A PRO PUTIN PUPPET!

Turks should get the fuck out. Not Europe. Canada should be nuked though.
Reporting in

No matter what you personally make responsible for the future disintegration of the EU. I think that most people agree that we've experienced its golden age.

I'm quite fond of ELI. Looking forward to seeing it develop!

Also, that's map of Europe, not just EU. I don't think climate is right for enlargement until the system can be tidied up, for instance by resolving the common currency problems.

Fuck poles. EU is not about european supremacism. Is about globalism.

>THEY WANT TO STEAL OUR FREEDOM! (they don't)
Hurr what Russians in Crimea
>YOU'RE A NATIONALIST? THAT'S NOT WHAT THE WESTPHALIAN TRADITION OF EUROPE IS BUILT UPON!
Before nationalist forked into literal Hitler and normal democracies it was just counter movement to monarchism and didn't imply muh isolationists fuck other countries and cooperation or muh white race jews are cucking me out of white gf

A FUCKING LEAF

why are you so heavily invested into this topic, when it doesn't affect Canada at all?

I know it hurts your feelings but the fact is that a lot of non-constructive EU criticism is actively promoted by Russia.

I am willing to believe that a lot of nationalists are fundamentally good people that merely love their country and it's just their emotions that prevent them from entering reasonable debate, but as it is, many of them are useful stooges for people who have literally much less reasons to wish for successful europe (and their own nations within it) than, for instance, European officials.

The EU never had a golden age. It subordinated some of the lesser economies to Germany for a while after the Euro was created and lending rates dropped for the PIGS. Maybe you would consider that a good time. But its economic failure was imminent and still hasn't been resolved.

Europe's golden age ended with the nation-state tradition, when it obsessed about opening itself up to new markets so much that it sold its sovereignty and unity amongst its people.

Look at how poorly you assimilate immigrants in Europe. You probably think I'm automatically a racist person for disagreeing with the EU, but its the opposite. A common national identity, regardless of one's race, is the only thing that can bind people from disparate origins together. This has been the case amongst all leading colonialist traditions, from the Arabs to the Huns to the Roman Empire. If you continue to weaken the identities of your nations, there will be less sense of community amongst Europeans, there will be more enclaving, there will be more insurgent religious zealots and terrorism, etc.

EUROPA EUROPA EUROPA

youtube.com/watch?v=kbJcQYVtZMo

catalans are euroboos just because they want their independence support, they would be like slavs in the eu

EU is a C*ristian establishment union who's aim is to destroy the native cultures of european people.

don't know how you can appreciate that unless you're a foreigner.

EU is about anything that Europeans want it to be, as long as they can hold on to an idea for more than one year and preferably more than one election cycle. You have both your governmental elections and europarliament elections to express your desires, as well as freedom of expression and freedom to form pressure groups if you can convince people of your points.

Why are Spainars so bound on keeping Catalans in Spain against their will?

hello yes european here

Scots welcome.

I really feel bad for pro-EU brits, who got their EU citizenship taken against their will

>globalists want weak Europe
Actually they want weak states, something easy to accomplish with the eu

>this thread again

That must be why Commission is so busy bullying Google, Apple and other corporations over tax evasion and privacy policies.
Those companies are too anti-globalist and nationalist for them and need to be punished.

RBI to Spain, apparently it's in their constitution that no part of Spain can leave which is why their government is so against it.
They should change it though, it's stupid

Something that your government should do on your own. If the banana republic of Italy is capable of doing it, I don't see why anybody can't do it

hello friend im from london

hello yes 48% of us
there is some hope
bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-38264203

I think so too.
I see no moral argument to force unwilling people to be part of your country

Wait does t b f auto change? Tbf

>being so cucked you are willing to pay for eu citizenship.

Just move

t b h and f a m and s m h

>If the banana republic of Italy is capable of doing it
Is it though? Would your government deny you those services, or would it cave? Ours would obviously cave, but I'm not even sure about yours.
EU is large enough market that transnationals are forced to adapt to its rules and submit to its requirements.

>willing to pay for eu citizenship.
the EFTA is essentially that and has existed for ages, pre brexit it was thought we'd end up with something similar in the end

>Is it though?
They've done it many times.
Now, if you need to be annexed by Germany to defend yourself, go for it. I don't see why us, or France, or Britain should do it.

United Federation of Europe when?

Italy alone doesn't have as much economic weight as the whole EU
So it would be far harder for Italy alone to force google to play fair.

Verhofstaden does actually seem to care about parts of the UK that didn't vote leave, which is nice

Italy is a g7 country

>EU is about anything that Europeans want it to be
No, the EU is what it was created for. If some reactionary nationalistic neanderthals want to turn the EU into some kind of Reich then you'll have to destroy this one first because we're the contrary of that.

so?

>They've done it many times.
Good for you then, although I'm not convinced that your government's position would be as strong without being in EU. Perhaps if you leave we will have opportunity to test it out, although I wouldn't wish that on you.
>Now, if you need to be annexed by Germany to defend yourself
That's the thing. In EU we get to have a vote, we're more than a bundesland. You comparing membership in EU to annexation shows that your opinion is dictated by the meme of the day. It wasn't that long ago when Germany needed other EU countries to not impose sanctions on it for violating maastricht criteria.

>Nazi propaganda recolored
Yeah, because totalitarianism worked out so well the other times we tried it.

>Italy alone doesn't have as much economic weight as the whole EU
>So rather than throwing around what little weight they have they should disappear
I fucking love this shit
>Italy can't stand up to the economical influence of America and China
>So it should subjugate itself to Germany

I'll celebrate the day EU will have a common economic/fiscal policy and our disgustingly corrupted politicians won't be able to appoint their whole families in the public sector with huge ass wages while the rest of us are getting rekt by recession

Schäuble do this, desu

They have enough power to force google to do what they want in italy and you are delusional to think otherwise

The difference is that within the EU, Italy has its own representatives that can represent Italian interests on EU level. Also, every Italian citizen has the chance to gain political influence within the EU power structure.
This is not the case if Italy becomes an US or Chinese vassal state

I save a special pair of hats to celebrate when this happens.

Cant happen soon enough.

Yeah, changing it into "some kind of Reich" would require quite a drastic change in political climate and tearing apart different international treaties along with it as well.

Well, thanks for the subsides, I guess.

Google/Apple have a huge lobby in USA.
Any action against them will result in pressure from US.
And while EU might be able to withstand such pressure, Italy cleary wont.

>Unfortunately the EU will eventually disintegrate in our lifetimes
I don't see why this is a given. They can still change if need be, which they don't even really need to right now.

Lel what a joke. The U.S. is trying to force apple to give them a way to crack any apple phone

shut it down