So what does Sup Forums think? Is the human really a free being?

So what does Sup Forums think? Is the human really a free being?

No

Nope

Some are, most arent. Humans dont wanna be free, we need someone to tell us what to do, if we had noone to tell us we would either be totally peacefull and achieve nothing or we would all be at war and ruin ourselves.

Why?

No our brain is based on Chemical reactions (Hormons, etc...) and different Neurological connections. There is no soul or such thing so all our reactions are preprogrammed

I think he means if Human have freewill

No because of lust principle

Chekd
But no were not free. If we were free I would be mindlessly killing and raping Femenazis

oh, in that case no, like said, chemical reactions and neurological connections. We follow our urges, and we are selfish, even alturism stems from selfishness

We are completely interdependent. I know, I lived in the Alaskan woods for a while. Couldn't have survived without gun, knife, etc...

We are slaves, if only to each other.

Deterministic factors

But we are different from animals right? We do not live exactly like animals and does that not make us more worthy? Does that not create the possibility for a "soul"?

You may argue that there are quantum physiks involved which are random but that still doesnt count as free will but just a variable we cant jet calculate (someday we will be able to)

If we aren't it's a good enough simulation

Actually fucking true

Free of what?
Of themselves? Of other humans? Of nature? Of our own limitations?

every living thing exists in the confines of it's environment.

Only Americans constantly talk about "freedom" as if it means anything.

You say that you are free and yet you have to work all day to make someone else rich.

You say there is no class system and yet America has the lowest level of social mobility than any other industrialised country.

You claim it is more efficient to have a free market for healthcare and yet you pay the highest price per treatment than any other country in the world.

You claim anyone can become president and then elect the son (and now the wife) of previous presidents.

At least in the rest of the world we don't lie to ourselves so much

No not even in the slightest
if you wanna continue taling bout this add me on kik The_amazing_Lawrence

I'm more of a Compatibility.
I do believe that man is not completely free but at the same time is held responsible for his choices

Humans will never be free from their social urges because it's in our nature to be, but that's only saying we aren't 'free' in the same sense that we can never be 'free' because we all die, and are bound by that constraint as well. I think any person can be free, but they have to determine what freedom means to them individually, and in finding that, they achieve true 'freedom'. That's my take on it anyway.

way too deep faggots ..

We are like animals, we only see ourselves as more sophisticated. We are not, we have masterd things no other animal has, but that is irrelevant. All we do is governd by what our instincts tell us we want. You eat when you are hungry, you sleep when you are tired and you fuck or masturbate when you are horny. Have you ever been hungry and cosen not to eat?

The only diffrence is that we have a higher ability to think complex thoughts

hi, professor of philosophy here!

Freedom is best understood in two ways: as a lack of restriction, and as ability.

free will is silly, but humans can still be conditioned to act better or worse!

>Summerfag

What are you doing in this degenerate site?

Not in our "civilizaton"

Thanks in adddition too

youre kidding right? 4chins is a gold mine for the philosofy and social sciences

jup

Kek is that the best you got faggot

Untill you think on the reasons behind wars: Materialism, land, economic value in order to uphold the monetary system > So money as a false value-system.

You see highly interesting patterns of thought and behavior patterns

Sup Forums is really entertaining and I've been coming since 2006. i like anime and lowkey chats

We only use values as a buffer for our own selfish motives anyways, rid the world of infidels, uphold the rule of god, make a pretty penny for yourself and expand your territory in the process. Sounds pretty Animalistic to me, When you have what others want it makes you the kind of the hill/jungle/forest

Well for one thing, you're conditioned through life. Your brain is essentially a memory sponge and an addiction machine all rolled into one. It uses good experiences you've had and takes measures to make them happen again, while using the same experience from bad ones to lessen their occurrence. It's not free will, it's just remote viewing accompanied by choice between predetermined likes and dislikes.

Yup

Right Faggots who has killed someone they loved here ?
>b me
> she my ex gf she had Bipolar
> she gets heavy wants a kid with me an I >finished it
> she b stalking me /threatening to kill self
>told her do it
> she deaded !

Do I feelz bad ...?
should I feelz anything ?
tell me your story

Is that the best you got, faggot?
You do know that calling a faggot someone here is not offensive, right?
Try harder, summerfag

I'm no jew

>Is the human really a free being?
Of course not.
If it's not the inherent nature of the world that's keeping us chained up it's other people.

Social obligation, laws of man, laws of nature

well played samefag well played

Suspicius

fuck off jew

only if theyre white

Well, your inborn selfishness shining bright in your refusal to consider someone elses feelings. I strongly doubt youd be able to feel guilty even if you wished to. You had your chance to help someone, instead you chose the easy way.

No. If a sufficiently intelligence machine knew everything about us it would be able to predict your choice before you made one. We simply follow the path of least resistance until we die.

>Ur a faggit
>Kill urself
>Lol
>im a retard
>literally

No dont be Morale is a good construct because everyone follows it but you dont have to. Just ignore it. There is no judging in heaven, because there is no heaven

no, we are selves to our conditioning and early childhood imprinting. these things can be overcome, but fuck, it takes a long time.

If freewill doesn't exist, then we're living inside a video game simulation.

If you're going into a free will vs determinism argument its better to frame it as if something can be truly random, or does everything have to have a determining factor prior.
Both have holes in their arguements.

The issue with free will/ actions happening because its random, is that the "action" or effect happened for no reason, which essentially implies it came from nothing. which makes no sense.

Determinism's fault, is if everything requires a condition prior, how can an effect occur if there are an infinite amount of causes prior? We know there would be an infinite amount of causes prior to one effect because as we established EVERYTHING needs to have a reason in order to happen. This includes our thoughts, actions, stimulus, molecules, atoms, and eventually be traced back to the big bang.
Kant argues this the best.

yes but you have to pay for everything, you want to eat a pizza you do your job maybe build furniture get money for your time to buy his time, ore you want to kill someone you pay about 10 of being locked away, u may have urges to reproduce but its your choice to do everything , you cann kill yourself now or keep living. theres more stuff liike that but you may have that yourself

pastebin DOT com SLASH 0FS4b0tb

Ayy good chattin' with ya,

Yer all invited.

No but the dolphin is.

Btw interesting thought i had a conversation with my Philosophy prof about: If there is no free will as stated and explained before inCan you put people to Prison for what the did??? Answer i came up with yes but not as a punishment but to remove them from society itself. But because Morals are just a construct we may as well put them all on death row to remove them permanently

Dolphins are actually fairly intelligent. Thats the reason they rape other Dolphins and are sadistic

They do most things for fun too. No worries just fun and fish. Truly free.

NIGGER SEX

>So what does Sup Forums think? Is the human really a free being?
Not if you tie your knots properly.

Freedom is something you choose verse something that can be taken and given

Free yourself and you are always free

Boyscout detected.

People feel free when things go their way regardless of the choices they are presented/the options they have. You could only have one option, but if it is the option you want, you would still consider yourself free. It was actually a talk given at the APS conference like 2 weeks ago.