What does Sup Forums think of Liz Phair?

What does Sup Forums think of Liz Phair?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sk52T_2sV8w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First 3 albums are good

And then she decided to hire Avril Lavigne's producers and...yeah, fuck that shit.

Part of the fake alternachick fad with Alanis, Jewel, and Meredith Brooks.

Fucking weird listening to her right now. Love her demos and her first three albums. Also love how she tricked mainstream pop audiences into buying an album with a song called Hot White Cum on it.

But yeah obligatory statement that everything after her third album is unlistenable.

juliana hatfield is a similar artist who is very good

The best stuff she did is unreleased. Most of the reworked demos are garbage.

Same goes for J-Hat

How was Liz Phair fake? She was grinding it in the Chicago alternative scene making Lo-Fi music before Exvile sort of became an accidental success. I get Alanis, who was basically just an Avril Lavigne situation but with a more talented star and talented songwriters. But Liz was legit.

>The best stuff she did is unreleased. Most of the reworked demos are garbage.
>Same goes for J-Hat

examples?

Check out her unreleased album God's Foot, which was held back by her label because it wasn't commercial enough.

Sample - youtube.com/watch?v=sk52T_2sV8w

Also I mean, she targeted the college crowd more than teenagers.

WHY CAAAAN'T I BREEAAATHHHHH

thanks, that was really good

he's got a really biiiiiig tongue

>Whitechocolatespaceegg

I get what the title means.

Well, yeah. She'd become a mother around that time and the title (obviously) refers to the conception process.

The S/T was a major embarrassment despite the big hit she got out of it.

>late 30s single mom suddenly decides she wants to be 17 again and compete with Britney Spears and Pink

Like, what.

Also her vocal delivery was crap compared to the 90s stuff. Totally flat and emotionless against all the clever nuances she used to have.

Hot White Cum is the only good song on the album desu

Probably because it was the one vestige of her old sound and not the fake Avril Lavigne bullshit.

Also fuck Christgau for giving that album an A.

Well the story behind it is that it was the only way she could get funding from the label. It's still selling out, but whether or not it was a sound she desired is less clear.