General Shroom Thread

General Shroom Thread

Especially how to grow Shrooms, but you can also post everything Shroom related (your yields, your experiences, your questions and ideas). Be creative

Could also someone explain me the difference between casing and bulk?

Other urls found in this thread:

sporestore.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I live in eastern USA in the mountains. I'm next to a from with a dairy cow that poos everywhere. I heard you flip(?) the poo an mushrooms will grow.

Honestly I would just like general mushroom hunting tips.

I heard if it bruises blue then its pretty much good but you should still check it.

I'm a super novice, as in I've thought about trying it and I've glanced at shroomery

I am no stranger to drugs. I first started smoking cannabis when I was 14 years old and my curiosity was peaked. I wondered how much further I could push the envelope and for me, at least, it seemed instinctual that I try psychedelics. I was never curious about narcotics but eventually, they did find me, but that is a story for another day. I tried LSD for the first time when I was 17 and from that moment on, my world was shifted in a new and beautiful way. After that, I used LSD about 10 times and then stumbled onto the lectures of the late and great Terence Mckenna who had become a paterfamilias to many psychedelic explorers of a generation that was still in diapers when his best lectures were taking place, myself included.

Continued

I was always curious about his speeches about "The Other", as he called it, that he experienced on mushrooms. Perhaps my experiences were influenced by him or perhaps they weren't. I have no idea. However, about 3 years after my initial acid experience, I finally got to try shrooms and the first few times were very uncomfortable. As soon as I peaked, I would always feel this organic intelligence that was not my own; it wasn't overpowering but it was definitely there and it made me uneasy to feel something else guide me. I eventually came to terms with it and I rather enjoyed its company in the next 30 shroom trips that I had (doses were between 2 to 4 grams but usually 4 grams). I then decided to try Mckenna's "Heroic Dose" in silent darkness.

Continued

I picked out two particularly large shrooms from 100 grams that I purchased. They weighed 5.5 grams combined and I decided that they would be the ones to push me further. Eating that amount was no easy matter; the earthy taste was almost overwhelming but I was focused. I needed to see what Mckenna was talking about. I laid on my bed, the room was completely dark and I smoked a pre-rolled joint. I thought about my life, what I wanted to achieve and just mentally preparing myself. After about 30 minutes, disturbances in my visual field became apparent against the blackness. They were akin to phosphenes but had a linear quality and seemed to be jigging from side to side. Then came the body load, it was heavier than usual. I felt myself sinking into the bed and start spinning. There was no nausea but I was spinning with ever increasing speed.

>Live in south, coastal Louisiana
>Best shrooms on da planet

Continued

he visuals started, the phosphenes were exploding in colors that ranged from orange to yellow to red and then they interconnected to form complex geometrical shapes that morphed from one state to another. The earthy colors and out-of-focus geometrical hallucinations that are apparent on lower doses were replaced by clear-cut right angles and odd triangular faces that flowed with bright colors. I became cocky and mentally asked, "Is this all that 5 grams has to offer?". I was instantly met with scorn; my body started vibrating and shaking while an insect-like voice scolded me in a buzzing language that I did not understand. It sounded like, "kwwoooorrr, qrik krawk kwooor". Even though I did not understand the words, I immediately got the mental impression that I needed to be patient. The feeling of "The Other" was overwhelming at this point and I found myself praying for forgiveness and mercy. I was humbled and somewhat afraid because I realized that there was no escape.

Continued

I had to endure the experience; come whatever may. The visuals became more intense and then there was a discrepancy. The geometry and colors had formed into a solid and yet, ever-changing, structure. It was dome-like with a solid floor and walls that would come to a point in the top. I tried to move but I was held down by straps constructed out of the same material as the floor and the walls. I realized that I was tied to a table and 4 distinct straps were holding me there in an upright position; I felt that this "table" was turning to the right and there was an entity there. It was a green mantis-like creature with knees that bent backwards and claws that only had three fingers and a thumb. Its head was elongated like the skulls found in Peru and it had no facial features but rather a red carapace that almost looked like the shape of the transformers icon. I felt an intelligence behind the carapace that was far older, smarter and more evolved than I was. I felt no fear and I found that this creature was curious as to who I was. It moved its face from side to side as it observed me. It never spoke to me but I got these strange mental impressions.

Continued

"Who are you and what are you doing in our space?"
"I am trying to understand." I replied.
The creature then looked back over her shoulder and I became aware of five others that were standing behind a panel that looked to be made of the same material that the floor and walls were made of but there was a distinct red button that was standing out in the middle of the panel. The creatures were of different colors and sexes. The first one was blue, the second green, the third (standing in front of the button) was a dark blue, the next was green and the last was blue. Even though they never spoke, I recognized that the blue ones were male and the greens were female. The third, which stood in front of the button, was the leader and emanated power. At the gesture from the female who stood in front of me, the third male pushed the red button.

Continued

I looked down and saw the floor morph into these tubes that seemed to have created themselves from the same "substance" that the room was made of. There were two and they pierced my ankles and wriggled through my legs and up to my brain like snakes. I felt no pain and no fear, they were trying to understand me as much as I was trying to understand them. However, I did feel these tubes as constructs moving through my body; it was peculiar. I felt them wriggle to my neck, one on each side of my spinal cord and then they pierced my brain. The room disappeared and I was lost in a slideshow of my memories; everything from being born to learning how to walk to where I was now. All my memories displayed to these creatures. When the slideshow got the point where I met the entities, it stopped and I felt the tubes retracted. The female said something to me in their strange insect language and I felt the straps give way. I sunk through the floor and shot my eyes open on the bed. I was freaked the fuck out; my primate brain could not understand what just had taken place and the closest resemblance that I could find was the typical "alien abduction" scenario.

No longer my friend. Most farmers are required to use anti-shroom additives in Cow food. Dark times.

Continued

I rushed out of the room and met my uncle who was still deep into his 4-gram trip. I could not explain it to him and didn't want to since I did not want to ruin his experience. I retreated to the bedroom and processed what I just had experienced.

To this day I don't know if this was a purely personal subjective experience or if someone else, apart from McKenna, experienced something along these lines. If you had to ask me if I felt that it was "real", I would tell you that it was more "real" than anything I have ever experienced and it was so powerful that I would never forget it. Would I try it again? Sure, however, I was scared of the "Heroic Dose" for a long time and only took 5 grams again almost a year later and under very different circumstances.

I believe that there are forces in nature that we do not have the ability to understand yet but there is much that we can learn from these compounds that have profound effects on the human consciousness. Have a good time and trip safe, my friends.

This is a dairy cow shared my the neighbors and me. She just wanders around and eats grass all day.

I've heard that feeding them rye helps.... is that true? She only eats grass but we giver her apples as treats sometimes.

I don't know, I wish I could help. But that's good news, happy cows are neat. Psilocybin loves cow patties though. They should occur naturally in fact. There are mushroom forums scattered around the internet that can be found via a couple Google searches.

Thanks for typing out this awesome story

You're welcome my friend

I'll do some searching. I love to cook so maybe I could make a cow friendly treat with rye in it. I'll be making the cow happy and the cow will be returning the favor

Anybody here encountered concentrated liquid shrooms? It may still taste like shit but it's much better than eating it

I've never done it, but in USA you can order the spores. Then create a small sterile environment in a clear tote. There's a shroom forum with fuggin pictures and full guides. Just take extreme caution, you could accidentally create black mold. If that infects your crop, THROW IT OUT. Sterilize EVERYTHING, and try again. Some tricks I know are to put it in a closet, or a room without vents and in which you won't vacuum.

Is there a good place to buy spores?

My best trip was my second one, we were camping and it started to rain and we went into the tent (I'm tripping buddy had a couple caps,other friend and his girl were sober) start watching true blood while I start to trip major balls I look up at the sun coming out and the light reflecting through the tries and the shadows started to form 1860s photos when they would talk (because of the accents) and when sookie would hear people's thoughts the faces would turn in to skulls. After that the floor of the tent turned into a Midwest desert and I was floating through the sky 10/10 trip(there is more but so much to type)

sporestore.com

Holy fuck are you lazy

I have been suffering from PTSD and from an abundance of negative energy. This has caused me to develop a bad attitude, quick to violence, and full of hate. I knew I needed help.
Accupuncture, Chakra alignment, therapeutic massage, all did little.
I considered using the healing power of peyote, but could not source it.

Recently I went to home to Texas. As we pulled on to the family road, surrounded by cow fields, I told my mom, " I smell shrooms, when did it last rain?"
As an avid Shroom hunter in the 80s/90s I know that smell all to well.
I've only done shrooms to trip, never for healing.
I decided to try to use the mushroom for therapy.
My hunt went well. It took me literally 5 mins to find enough for a healing dose.

I let them dry a couple of days as I prepared myself by fasting and refraining from cannabis.

I measured out what I consider a very large dose. Probably around the 17 to 25 gram mark. 17 assorted caps.
At 10am I walked deep into the country, a mile from the nearest house or road.
I held the Golden Teachers in my hands and I prayed for help and healing , and to purge me of my negativity. I asked to be made whole, and to be shown my path.
Then , one by one , I ate them. I lay down in a small clearing as the first waves of euphoria came over me.
I watched the clouds billowing across the sky and prayed for healing.
I began to see spirits in the clouds.

I've found sites already like freespores.com

I was just wondering if anyone personally preferred a site or had good experiences.

Don't shoot me down user

Incan Indian Shamen, Native Americans in headdresses , Spirits of Spanish explorers, the spirit of a grandmother. All came to see me, nodding to me in acceptance as they ran off the mischievous trickster spirits that tried to distract me.

Suddenly the world fell away.

I was a giant glowing spider in an Web of all creation. I watched as I (as the spider) reached out and cut the lines of his Web because he hated who they were connected to. But each time I cut a thread, it caused my Web to weaken and wounds to open on me.
I realized that each time in my real life, that I hurt someone, that I was really only hurting myself.
Projecting hate outward is really a sign that you hate yourself.
I knew I needed to love myself more.

Casing is what you do to your mycelium to prevent dehydration, bulk is when you grow a lot of mushrooms, typically monotubs

The Web image faded away and I found myself floating in a sea of green below a deep blue sky. I could see all of the living beings as spiral mandalas of energy. All connected. All as one.

Time stopped. Then reversed. Then stopped again. Before finally resuming.
I knew the Universe was showing me that time is not linear. It flows in all directions.

Then I was dying , over and over,as my ego was stripped from me again and again. 1000 times I died and was reborn. My ego removed , I was peeled like an onion to my core. I was forced to look at the essence of me. Every moment and move in my life replayed and analyzed with each rebirth. Only to die again. My body was racked with muscle spasms as the vile events I had done were forced upon me like water poured down my throat. Each event a putrid taste in my mouth. I was able to retch and vomit up each vile thing I had done. Over and over I purged myself of those negative events. Nothing came out of my mouth except negative energy. It burnt and twisted the grass it hit. But it just kept coming....
Suddenly I was a Polynesian Maori Warrior making my war face....but as I stuck out my tongue it turned into 100's of hits of acid (lsd) pouring out of my mouth like a ticker tape. All of the LSD I had ever done came printing out of my mouth. My mouth filled with acrid fluid. All of the lsd I had done in the last 30 years was in my mouth and I could taste it. I spit it out. Finally free of its twisting effect on my aura.

I started to live again. I could see the real world clearly now. There were no hallucinations. I was laying in the clearing looking up at circling buzzards.
I must have been laying still a little too long.
I got up and breathed. Outstretched my arms and filled myself with the love and the light.
Clean, healed and amazed.
The Golden Teachers were the catalyst for my new found joy.
I'm still riding the wave of euphoria my experience left me with.
It's very surreal. I'm fortunate enough to have a very supportive family core that is just as excited about the changes that my "satori enlightenment" has brought.

This is the greatest thread i have ever encountered

I enjoyed the read. Thank you fellow sir. :)

Ive only done shrooms 3 times and I only really tripped on the third one

I think that the time I tripped on shrooms for real has to be one of the best moments of my life.

I felt... so at peace, I was okay with everything.
me in my friends just sat in lawn chairs and stared at the sky.