Remember when everyone on here pretended to love Prince right after he died? Good times

Remember when everyone on here pretended to love Prince right after he died? Good times.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5_I7E4qeLtg
youtube.com/watch?v=6IeSH1hx9yk
youtube.com/watch?v=SuHoQ5yYlbI
youtube.com/watch?v=7Wa0IeCEkgQ
youtube.com/watch?v=KiNT2qTxAyw
youtu.be/dT7fV4wT55w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i don't think there's been a single celebrity death that inspired as much revisionism and sweeping up of history as bowie's

not even MJ's or steve jobs'

Nah, it was definitely MJ's. He went from being the one race joke literally-anybody-could-make-around-anyone to being a goddamn messiah for a few years.

Mine

i was more upset about prince than any other recent celebrity death desu

But Bowie's music is amazing.

Literally since the moment he died there was a MASSIVE amount of people everywhere that acknowledged how much of a jerk he was.

But Bowie was still a rather big deal before his death. Blackstar got great reviews even before the true narrative was known, his spotify already had higher streaming amounts than most artists from his most active era, he was still being actively discussed here, hell, when Lego Rockband came out his MINIFIGURE was all over the news.

Say what you want but this is literally the most ahead of its time music video. It predicted an entire post-irony aesthetic all the way back in 1988. It's not potato quality either, it was shot that way to look like old low-budget Sesame Street/public access. It's so great.
youtube.com/watch?v=5_I7E4qeLtg

I didn't listen to him after he died. I listened after a few months because of curiosity. I enjoyed Sign O' The Times and his s/t.

remember the same thing with every fucking musician? there you go.

Prince's death got me really into his smallest work. Prince is actually a genius, it's not some stupid pretentious fuck.

But yeah you're on the internet, people fake their tears for three days then go on about their lives.

prince would have be fucking massively popular with this generation if he just allowed his music online

>pop funk with rockist guitar
no.

I snatched a ton of his music through torrents. Shit's fire.

Meh. He's not that easy to get into, look at his newest album from 2003 to his death, they didn't get him back to his position. Prince is a thing of the past and even if the albums were good, they weren't suited for this era of music.
But he would have made nice alternative musical genre in the modern era

youtube.com/watch?v=6IeSH1hx9yk

delet this
he can still get your ass, even death

He knew EXACTLY what he was doing releasing Blackstar the way he did before he died. Smooth bastard. Theatrical to the end.

No I don't remember that. I remember when a lot of people took the opportunity to explore his music further. I also remember a lot of people finally getting around to checking him out which they'd been meaning to do. and I remember the people on this board that were already woke trying to spread the prince love.

Just because Sup Forums almost never talks about wings doesn't mean that there aren't a bunch of people that love Paul McCartney on this board, and those people are going to be sad when he dies and make posts about it and post downloads for his albums in sharethreads.

Did i ever say he didn't?

>From St. Paul
>going to college in Moorhead
>had the chance to see Prince live
>would have had to miss classes and work
>"I'll catch him next time."
>there isn't a next time
Shit feels bad man.

Still love Prince's music too bad the guy was a preachy douche. Just finished the Undertaker and found it amazing.

Remember the Purple Rain movie where his 5'2 ass just slaps a bitch and we are all supposed to be ok with it??

Steve jobs had like 5 movies made about him
Mj had a movie a few posthumous releases and collabs a buncha monuments made in memory

What youre saying is objectively wrong

How? The only revisionism I have seen is that people are not acknowledging how uncool and disliked he was in the late 80's and 90's.

Chhh. Don't tell him that subjective opinion can't make up for facts, he'll go insane

Pretending? Where were you in 1981 when he was getting booed off the stage opening for The Rolling Stones because everybody thought he was playing "Disco"? (I was at home smoking bongs and not giving a fuck btw. Ah yes! Good times indeed!)

this
this last for few weeks (Prince thread everywhere)
then it vanishes, and prince is never mentionned again lel

> because I don't care about him, Sup Forums doesn't know about him he was just a phase in Sup Forums's threads

u mad

No
I totally tried to find threads and there were only like a few that died after 1-2 posts.

>81
>smoking bongs and giving a fuck
How old are you?

I mean I still care about and love Prince. But a lot of that is probably because he was one of my favorite artists who inspired me to pick up an instrument and because I'm black.
I really miss the man.

I always liked some of his stuff but I was never a big fan

he claims to be 5'2" he's probably under 5 feet, according to a c-list hollywood actor i know that met him he's under 5 feet

youtube.com/watch?v=SuHoQ5yYlbI

debatably better than the prince version

>man everyone's a fan of Bowie, and I like his singles, but I haven't listened to any of his albums!
>oh, wait, he has a new album coming out!
>yes! This'll be a perfect way to get into his stuff!
>maybe I could see a show if he does a tour!
>*album comes out*
>*listen to it*
>yes that was great! Can't wait to listen to his other stuff!
>literally two days later
> he dies
That hurt so much

no

its angrier which i like

deaner stop being so modest ur great

stupid hack and im glad hes dead

he refused your proposal or something..?

I dressed as Zombie Prince this halloween. I ended up going to a bowling alley full of black people and got a lot of laughs.

I would post a picture but I lost my phone over the weekend :(

how fucking old are you guys?? like 30+ im guessing
all of prince's music sounds like shit, gayest dude ever imo

he hated the gays as a matter of fact,

im 20

u dont think darling nikki is a ballsy song?

have u heard him play the blues on an acoustic guitar?

do about 10 minutes of youtube watching bro

I'm 21.
Prince would practically slay puss on a daily basis all while looking and acting like a chick. While you probably still struggle with getting cumstains out of your underwear whenever you think about the time that one female coworker of yours patted you on the shoulder.

it's a shame people on here are too lazy to download his albums, i would wanna talk about him more than once a year.

Prince was a fucking genius. Anyone who says differently is either ignorant or lying.

You may not like his music or persona or whatever but the dude's vision, creativity, and musical chops cannot be denied.

Check him out at the Montreux jazz festival setting fire to a Billy Cobham (Tommy Bolin) cover:

youtube.com/watch?v=7Wa0IeCEkgQ

In the 80's , it was fashionable for men to look feminine. David Bowie did the same, kissed a guy but still married a hot model. Educate yourself , kid

>prince would have be fucking massively popular with this generation if he just allowed his music online

Now that he passed, it should make more people buy his music or maybe steam it. Other than that, it's a smart move

Honestly this. The race jokes and the little kid diddling jokes were constant before he died. When he finally went, everyone suddenly "forgot" about the all the jokes they made about him looking like a Holocaust survivor.

Fucking kys

I'm 21 too.
shame you don't have ears.
youtube.com/watch?v=KiNT2qTxAyw
Guy was talented, shit was cash

I got into prince about month prior to his death got alot of his work in FLAC and was going one by one leaving Purple Rain aside for later. His early stuff s really well done especially 1999 adn controversey. The day he died I knew i had to finally listen to Purple rain and it was amazing. almost had me in tears.

Same with Bowie I listened to Blackstar hours before he died and when i was done I heard the new and I was in tears realizing his ending song was the final thing from him.

t. white teenage virgin

got damn

basically this.

The only reason i gave two shits about prince is because my mom was a MASSIVE fan and i grew up on his music. Even being 25 years old, all of my peers and co-workers only know Purple Rain and When Doves Cry, and are completely clueless about him, but can tell you just about any good album/tracks from every other musician of the era because of how available their music is compared to Prince's.

youtu.be/dT7fV4wT55w

Erotic City is one of my favorite tracks from him. I feel like it doesn't get a lot of attention because it was a B-Side to one of his extremely popular tracks. In all honesty, if you wanna get into Prince this song is nearly a perfectly example of his music.

I can't believe it's been 7 years.

I don't want to.

IF WE CANNOT MAKE BABIES
MAYBE WE CAN MAKE SOME TIME

FUCK SO PRETTY YOU AND ME
EROTIC CITY COME ALIVE

I'm
And I'm 21. Sorry you can't enjoy his very accessible music.