NO MATTER HOW MUCH I PRACTICE MY BRITISH ACCENTS, I WILL NEVER BE MISTAKEN FOR A NATIVE

NO MATTER HOW MUCH I PRACTICE MY BRITISH ACCENTS, I WILL NEVER BE MISTAKEN FOR A NATIVE

lel I'm from Yorkshire some people abroad wouldn't be able to tell that I'm speaking English

I am fairly often mistaken for one :^)

Thank god.
I'd much rather have a horrible greek accent instead of a british one.

just say you're welsh

oi bruv innit

it's probably because of your mongol eyes

>Yorkshire

My deepest condolences

I was just about to reply with the same message. I was talking to a friend who has a middle class southern accent in Germany and two German guys thought we were speaking different languages to each other

Why are you offering condolences, Genghis?

>Yorkshire

Subhuman

ha.... you re such a looser
i was mistaken for finnish in finland

>tfw Yorkshire accents get subtitled on TV
This triggers me.

Bring yer sen up to Yorkshire and I'll bray thee downt ginnel near me farm

Ugh no. Poor people.

Calm thi sen, I bet I've addled more brass than thee.

Toplel

Vocaroo pls

Also do you really still use thou?

>tfw will always have harsh r

Older people tend to have broader, more traditional accents. Younger people will still have strong accents but with fewer old words. Sean Bean (Ned Stark) is an example of a Sheffield, South Yorkshire, accent that doesn't use old words. Having said that, most people from Yorkshire will still use some words or phrases that no one else in the country uses, such as saying 'ey up' as a greeting or 'be reet' meaning it will be OK.

This needs to end.

iktf

Why did you all decide on learning a British accent rather than an American? I would have thought nowadays that American English would be the preferred accent because it's more widely understood and used.

>I would have thought nowadays that American English would be the preferred accent because it's more widely understood and used

FOY

I know what they sound like, I just didn't think it went as far as thou.

Why would you want to sound like a native?

Older people can still be heard saying thee or tha, e.g "si thee" (see thee) (bye). "How's tha doing" (How are you)

Sounds better. For some reason it sounds more sophisticated and refined. When I hear Americans talk they come up as stupid and whiny, dunno why.