Thinking of buying it. Is it worth the hype?

Thinking of buying it. Is it worth the hype?

Depends on your definition of worth. I played it during the beta but will not be buying it because to me any game that's online only isn't worth it. It's quite fun but with so few modes once I had played each character for a bit and gotten used to them I got bored.

nope. next to 0 strategy other than autistically swapping heroes until the best player on either team lands on their main at a time when it counters the enemy comp.

Not even a month into release and every game is already either a complete stomp or a complete roulette.

No, nope and nosiree.

Depends if you like online games or not. If you do it's fun. Plenty of characters to choose from, each feel useful in their own way. If you like shooters, online gameplay, cartoony look then it's a good buy. If you get board easily with repetitive gameplay and dislike playing with other players then it's not worth it. It's honestly all about what you are wanting out of a game.

Is it really that bad?

wait for the price to go down and for the free dlc's to come out

There's never really any strategy or skill required and it is an incredibly shallow game. That being said, I think it's a solid game to unwind with if you typically play something more competitive. It's fun to mindlessly play a few rounds while listening to music or watching tv

I bought it today, I wasn't sure but yeahs it's pretty damn good

that shit only be remembered 'cause the R34.
>1 year later nobody will played.

To answer the question though, no game can be worth that kind of hype. Take undertale for example. Neat little game but that crazy hype killed it for many people for whom it was built up so much it could never live up to it.

Just wait until the absolutely fucking shite tickrate is improved, can guarantee 3 bullshit corner shots a game

>Blizzard
>Free
???

Well I'm a fan of mobas so repetitive gp is okay. Also I like shooters, mainly csgo but I suck at it.

I dunno, I like the game, tons of fun to play

its good. fast paced, large variation in classes and abilities, none of that cod-kiddie shit thank god. you can completely play against ai with just a group of other players and have plenty of fun.
the matches are quick, never more than ten minutes, usually around 5. you don't have the presteige shit cod and battlefield have either. your weapons are your weapons and thats all she wrote about them. the only thing you unlock are skins and shit like that. no impact on gaming.

Server tickrate are way too low and AoEs deal way too much damage. This will likely never be patched, thus the game can't be played healthily in a competitive way. Otherwise great fun game.

I enjoy it. I feel like it is superior over tf2 because there is a decent roster of heroes to play if you get tired of one.

When teaming up in groups (both IRL and in game friends) you can get into some really competitive matches against other groups too. Which I find super fun.

Hype? Dunno bout that. Definitely worth $40 though. Most heroes are pretty simple, so people focus more on team comp and general strategy. Nothing feels too unbalanced and it's super fun to play with friends.

It's worth the 40$ on PC, but it's really casual. Free DLC and all so I'd say it's worth it.

sadly, yes. people dig on TF2 for having such a limited character base, but as you push the number of characters as high as overwatch does, the answer to every strategic question becomes to change to a different hero.

Downloaded and played during the beta. 1st round was pretty fun. 2nd round was okay, thought it seemed repetitive, maybe just a fluke. After the 3rd round, I was done with the game, stopped being fun. Granted, the variety in the characters was nice, but totally not worth paying $60.

probly mad cuz u got rekt

I enjoyed tf2 and played it for a long time, would i enjoy overwatch?

This is simply not true. Switching heroes is a good response because it changes up the abilities your team has in play, but you can simply play better. If you don't suck, you can use almost any hero in most situations.

It's $40

I would think so. Imo Overwatch is more fun than tf2 because most heroes have good movement options, and the way heroes interact with the maps is very intentional.

he payed 20 more dollars for in game skins and shit for other blizzard games

just get Paladins. literally Overwatch but free and has better heroes.

It's a very fun game, probably the most fun game released this year.

If you're willing to pay the price then go for it.