Ask a Trucker anything, while he is driving his big rig down the road. Pic related but not me

Ask a Trucker anything, while he is driving his big rig down the road. Pic related but not me...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SVXBvksLoww
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Do you fap it while driving?

how many hookers have you murdered

Have you ever been to Richland was?

Do you smoke tons of meth to stay awake in the road?

Op is faggot and abandoned thread

How do you and other truckers feel about cars drafting you so they get better fuel economy?

Sometimes. But usually only at night, it'd be too easy to be spotted during the day, and indecent exposure can get me fired.

I don't think so

Fuck no

Sorry it took so long to respond, picked up someone else's banned IP from the cell tower

I don't care what happens behind me, although it can be a little creepy when someone is right up on you at night for like 200 mi and nobody else is out

myth buster busted this, it doesnt work

Not surprised, a lot of our fuel is wasted because of drag, and I'm sure the eddies right behind us are hell on a four-wheeler

Bump

How often do you shit, and do you have a sealed bucket in your cabin, or do you stop as a trucker stop?

do you like it? how much do you get paid per week?

I usually have a movement once a day, we have to take a mandatory 30 min break in the middle of the day, so I usually do it then. I usually have enough free shower credits from fueling that I can get a shower room to shit in, which is always cleaner than the general restrooms in truck stops. I do pee in bottles from time to time tho.

It's OK, requires about 10% of my brain to do, so... not that bad, but it sucks being away from the wife and kids so much.

Get paid by the mile so it varies week to week, good week is about $1500 the Ake home bad week is about $850 usually it's between 1000 and 1200 a week

Take home... dunno wtf autocorrect did there

Do you smoke meth? Or shoot it?

And are white crosses still a thing?

How often do people leave their high beams on and do you return the favour?

what do you do while driving usually?

>have you encountered hitchhikers? If so do you pick them up?

No
Not into speed so, dunno
It fucking sucks especially Prius drivers, they ALWAYS leave the high beams on... I'd say 10-20 times a night

How do you deal with merging? I usually slow down and let truckers merge or change lane in front of me. I drive a Mustang, which is a fairly small car. And even then, it's a pain in the ass to find a spot to change lanes unless I am particularly pissed off that day and just take spots if I have the space.

Couldn't imagine doing it in a 50' truck.

I usually listen to an eBook being read via TTS on my tablet if traffic is heavy, watch tv shows on Netflix or saved to wifi NAS if no cell signal in the middle of the night.

I see them a lot, but don't pick them up, mostly because I usually am carrying high value loads and the theft risk is high, plus they are dirty and smelly, I have to basically live in the truck when I'm working.

huh i wouldn't be able to drive while listing to a book or watching a show

do you feel sorry for fat people who kill themselves live? This do is ODing, LIVE right now
youtube.com/watch?v=SVXBvksLoww

If a single guy wanted to earn good money would you recommend trucking? It sounds like a sweet gig if you aren't married.

It depends a lot on where you are, in new England, or los Angeles please people are dicks so you kind just have to nose into an opening and hope people aren't suicidal... everywhere else most of the time signalling will get you an opening.

Oh, and the trlr is 53' on its own, total vehicle is more like 76'
It's an acquired skill, I don't actually watch so much as listen and glance at the screen from time to time

Not gonna watch that , but generally no I don't feel bad for people who an hero, their families maybe, but not the person.

It's certainly a better gig for a single person, but I would caution you to try something else first because nobody but trucking companies will hire a former trucker, I was a computer engineer before this, and can't go back for shit. Also, meeting a spouse while trucking is nigh upon impossible, so if you're not married... driving will not help

Oh, I took this 4 u guise

>fast lane
why do you do this

Trucking messes up your resume that bad?

Currently listening to the new tegan & Sara album

which state you in?

Is that a Cascadia or Volvo? Also, im curious as to who you drive for or are you owner opperator.
>Diesel mechanic reporting in

Why drive in the #1 lane? I was passing a 4wheeler

Yes sir it does... it is stupid that it does, but when.people know you drove truck they assume you are scum
Oklahoma

I guess you could say that the pic is "semi related"

why the fuck was there a 4wheeler on the highway?

It's a cascades though I prefer a Volvo, I drive 4 Crete, thus the red truck

What are Lot Lizards?

I guess it depends who you are hiring and for what. I just hired someone with a ton of trucking experience onto my team. Armed sercurity fag here.

Figured as much, so you're running a DD15/16. How's the pulling power on one of those, also have you ever been through Troy Illinois off 270? I work around that area

Ha! Punny
Ah... 4wheeler means any car with 4 wheels... the car was a Ford f150 I think

oh most people just call those trucks or cars people usually call atv's 4wheelers

Gotta ask. How common is the whole truck stop/rest area man on man jo/bj thing? I hear everything from it being mostly a myth to it being pretty much normal even for straight truckers.

Diesel Mechanic Bro here, another question for you. You're not an middle easterner or a western european are you?

Hookers at trucks tops, nasty as fuck
That's still trucking though
It's OK, I liked the Cummings engines better... though they were louder, I've been thru, I used to stop at the flying j there in pontoon beach frequently when I was on an la-pa dedicated route

Yeah well to us any private passenger vehicle is a 4 wheeler or car, even pick'em'up "truck" an ATV would just be a toy...

Because most company drivers are usually packed full of dumb niggers, people who look like gas station attendants and fucking russians and bosnians who always yell into their phones

I used to work at the speedco across the street from the Jay, its been about a year or so though.

What do you transport?

When you got 18 everything else is weak by comparison. Outbound LTL administrator for Holland here.

Its not trucking its armed security. Not armored car, static location for the most part.

Never seen evidence of it in 10 years, a lot of phone numbers in bathrooms, but mostly I think that is done by locals.

I'm American, Caucasian, mostly Scots descent.

The truth...
Small world
Right now, FedEx ground packages from an Amazon dist center
Ahhhh... even so it's the exception, not the rule

or even trucker sex in general. id love to be a whore for you guys but dont know where to start and how to do it the right way

ISXs are great engines but the C12 through C16 engines are the best but only if the DEF bullshit is removed.

any lot lizards actually hot?

Right, pull a have of 79,999 lbs and get back to me lol

post pics

i have a feminine penis. dont know if still interested

also do you guys do a lot of meth or just drugs in general.

more interested

Me either, I get my sex at home, the rest of the time I fap like everyone else

I had a Pete with a cat engine in it back in 04 it pulled the best of ant truck I've driven but I spent 3/4 of my time in the shop getting it fixed, Pete's are def the Harley's of trucking, overpriced underquality shitmobiles

new toy ;)

give me your creepiest story op.

You ready for DOT next week? I'm spending all day tomorrow going over my truck with a fine tooth comb

No, never, not even the one time I was propositioned by what looked to be a pair of 14 year olds in Ripon CA

I don't drink or do drugs at all because random testing about 2-3 times a year, can't speak for everyone though ... as far as I can tell drug use is almost nil among company drivers, but very widespread among owner operators

I saw a body severed in half in an accident on the grapevine once... is that creepy?

I'm kind of always ready, I'm in Cali steady once a week, so I get inspected a minimum of once a month, so I always run inspection ready, banning CA level standards

ayy

Has anyone ever tried to rob you while you slept at a stop?

yeah what do you do self defense wise

Op here, wouldn't you have more fun in a trap/gay thread? There are gay truckers, but they are no more prevalent than any other job... so... you'd have as much luck trolling an accountancy thread

You guys and any trucker or commercial driver lurking had better make sure all your t's are crossed and I's dotted next week. We had a DOT cop come into our show while we had a truck in for service and the prick started inspecting the truck while it was in our shop. Like wtf dude

See Second half

You guys probably have better equipment than we do. I drive for Super Service and every trailer I get lately is absolute shit but all the corporate dudes do is brag about all our new equipment. Idk who's getting it because we sure aren't.

Why do you play with my emotions like this. I thought you were a cool guy when you said you liked the isx but now. I just don't know about you anymore

thankyou for being polite. see u l8r dood. learned a lot.

Damn. In the shop?? That's kinda dumb. They will roll up on you at rest areas all the time though. I see it in Ohio a lot. Every now and then they'll jump on a truck stop but we all have cb's so it usually doesn't lead to much. Rest areas are a different story though, they'll wake you up in the middle of your ten and completely fuck your log up.

Do you worry about your health? Its not like you move around a lot, not trying to be a dick just wondering.

No, the last time I was robbed I was on vacation in France, I'm not a small guy.

I worry more about dogs than people but I carry a Gerber po araframe knife in each font pocket, and next to my seat I keep a 5lb sledge on a regular hammer sized handle. Nobody bothers me when they see me checking my tires with a sledge...I believe it... dot are always dicks, and some are none too smart, because if it is in your shop, it is out of service, and can't be cited.

Yeah we get new equipment regularly... smaller companies have it the worst.

The point was that the cat pulled well, but broke often... also Pete's are redneck shit trucks...

Who do you pull for? I can't get hired on because the last company I drove for destroyed my dac. I need work but cant even get on with Swift.

ive seen it advertised that truckers can make over 100k a year, any truth to that?

are you gonna become an owner operator and are the company lease to own programs any good?

what do you think about solo vs team?

very interesting thread btw thx for posting

more pls

No problem, I'm an HRC member, and a feminist pacifist anarchist apatheist so... I see no reason to be a dick, just not sure how much fun you'd have here...

Also, feminism is intersectional or it is bullshit m
I've been pulled into a rest area for a pop-up weigh station, but never while sitting, even though I still idle when I sit. Also, I don't have a CB hooked up anymore, it's like Sup Forums would be if Sup Forums couldn't read on the cab's nowadays.

I have an exercise cycle in my bunk, and a pair of 30 lb weights, usually do that for 30-60 mins a day also I walk a lot when stopped... I kit 10k in My fitbit at least 2-3 times a week

When someone gives you way; how do you respond? Do you flick your blinkers in a particular manner?

kik qweercat

Not OP but you can absolutely make 6 figures. A lot of LTL guys make insane cents per mile. Old Dominion guys who run teams get .61 cents per mile after the split. What I mean is they add up all the miles they've ran that week and pay 1.22 per mile and they split it. My buddy make like 122k a year and is home just about every weekend. Lease purchase seems to work best for people who live on the East Coast. West Coast freight can get slow hella quick and you still have that payment looming every week. Team driving can pay a ton but you better really like the person you drive with. Also, it's really hard to sleep in a rolling truck.

Well I'm sure you're running a clean idle truck since you're in Cali all the time. They usually won't bother a guy with a clean idle sticker. I idle all the time in PA while guys with old rigs sit and sweat their asses off.

Trucks actually come with a switch so we can blink our marker lights. Just flick it a few times to say thanks.

Crete, their hiring process will probably weed you out if you can't get onto swift

They can, but it's the exception not the rule... solo you would have to be operating a truck you already payed off or pulling some nasty shit like oilfield oil, or live animals or explosives

I will never operate an owned or leased vehicle because I'm a family man and stability means more to me than gambling the future on a big return

I have done both solo and team, made more money team, but it depends greatly on the chemistry of the team, the way I see it, I'm not here to be friends, just to make money and then go home

I turn the headlights off and on, high beams are for newfag truckers

Not OP, left then right then left again if you're in an old ass truck, usually there's a marker interupt in modern trucks.

That's corrupt as fuck teamster union shit though.. not the standard...

Yeah about the only place I turn it off is ny and NJ

Yeah, I was thinking more about signalling to other divers it is safe to merge

Thoughts/Opinions on the recent discussions about self driving trucks? Will a driver always still be required, autonomous truck or not, or do you worry about your job security in the next decade or so?

Well, there is stuff that has to be done that a computer can't really do, like opening the doors, docking, swapping trlrs, fueling, eating a sammitch... honestly I don't see them getting rid of drivers entirely... but I could see them letting a solo truck run like a team... but it's still a ways off

You will always need a human behind the wheel. We're out driving in all weather, in all sorts of conditions. We're driving through places with no cell or Qualcomm signal with heavy loads through mountain passes and shit. Not worried so much about self driving trucks as I am the oil that will be running low in a couple decades.

another driver here
yea they will still be required and there a way off becuase they have to get through the DOT and other state agencies who are slow as fuck

Seconded... though w my co is piloting alternative energy trucks... I don't see full electric ever being more than day cab use tho