Pascal's Wager states that it's smarter to bet that there is a God because if you are wrong...

Pascal's Wager states that it's smarter to bet that there is a God because if you are wrong, the consequences are not as dire as having incorrectly bet that there is no God.

Math has conclusively proven that God exists, so why do you foolishly choose disbelief?

Oh look it's this thread again.

Because physics says otherwise.

>math has conclusively proven
sauce or gtfo

why didnt god stop me from getting raped and beaten my whole childhood.

he must like to watch

The bait is strong in this one

it's smarter to bet =/= belief.

If there is a God, and I don't belive there is, he must be one fucked up sick asshole who gets off on little kids dying by the thousands, or he just doesn't give a fuck which is horrible in upon itself

There is no evidence that a supernatural deity exist.

the problem with that shit argument is that if you adhere to it you'll just believe in whichever god has the worst consequences for non believers, not necessarily the christian god pascal talked about. what a faggot

or that time i got raped behind a church

god didnt do jack shit

Fuck off with your never ending shitposting thread nigger

are you implying that Pascal's Wager was math?
sometimes I wonder if the person making these threads is a group of people or actually the same person.

My huge hang up is the demand for worship. I may say horrendous things I n Sup Forums from time to time, but irl I am very much a good person. I have given money to strangers in need without even thinking there was an ulterior motive, I have shared my food with those who were hungry cos I know it is better for everyone to have some. I am definitely not perfect, and I have had my share of fuck ups, but I definitely do a damn good job of being a good person. So, believing or not, if there is a heaven, shouldn't good people like me and a fuck tonne of other people out there get in cos we were good people, or are we cock blocked because we didn't cut in to our helping people time to go to church?

If it is the latter, I will happily go to hell if it exists to burn for my convictions.

Pascal's wager is a coward's wager.

Believe if you want to believe. If it HELPS you.

Don't believe because of 'can't get saved if you don't play' logic.

thak argument is known as the PKG God argument. Simply, God cannot be all knowing, all powerful, or all good because the existance of evil happening to innocents means he either can't do anything, doesn't know about it, or doesn't care

Stop falling for this you losers

A false belief in God or saying that you believe without practicing the faith is blasphemy. Blasphemy is the only unforgiven sin. The consequences are the same regardless. Therefore you are wrong. Unless you truly do believe. In which case you could STILL go to Hell. There is nobody in the 21st century who practices actual Christianity. And before you say it's open to interpretation you should know that the last few lines of the bible very clearly say that it isn't open to interpretation. I'm paraphrasing but i believe it says whomever adds to the book shall be stricken with the plagues described in this book and whomever takes from this book shall have his name stricken from the book of life for these are the words of the lord.

the pascal wager says there are 50% chances of a god existing and 50% that not, but some people forget about the thousands of gods we have and the million of possible gods in the universe. and not countig the different ways to praise a same god. so yes 50-50 of god exist or not. but no 50-50 MY god exist or not

> stahp anons, u losers
> lurks this thread

Why in the Neverending fuck do you care, user?

>Pascal's Wager states

Faggotry at it's finest. Nice bait, 1/10 for getting me to respond.

This assumes evil is objective, which it is not.

Because its not just binary. Belief in God + Jesus-is-the-Saviour or God + Goatfucker-is-the-messenger etc. If there is a religiously neutral God then its probably not hell-orientated.