Eurasian road

This, this is the biggest dream and plan in my life.

15.000 km, more than 10 months walking, throught 11 countries, 9 capitals and 9 time zones.
this will take probably an entire year and a huge amount of money, still I feel I can do it, and I will, after finishing my studies maybe.

What kind of real dangers could i find on my path? wild animals? weather conditions? Illnesses and parasites? even criminals and thieves probably

If you are from one of theese countries please tell me, how it will be from me to travel across it? give me some advices

List of countries:
-Italy
-Slovenia
-Croazia
-Hungary
-Czech republic
-Poland
-Lithuania
-Latvia
-Eestonia
-Russia
-Kazakhstan
-Mongolia

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Baikal
youtube.com/watch?v=5ky6vgQfU24
twitter.com/AnonBabble

good luck mate. i hope to do the same one day. my biggest concern would be pick pockets in some larger cities.

Must be a bit boring in the last half, you're driving through endless steppes.

I want also to travel across United States but this seems more exciting as a project

yeah, pickpockets and street bullies could be a very annoying problem if you look like a traveler/stranger, i will do something to cope with this problem

nah, i read some times ago a book about that wildlands and it seems very exciting to me

You're better off going through China after Kazakhstan and Mongolia. There's nothing to see in Russia that far east and the roads are shit.

>walking

just take a cab or smth, poorfag

i Don't know, i didn't want to go through china because language, maybe later i'll learn chinese and i'll do a travel across the whole China.
I wanted to travel only knowing English and Russian languages
(sorry for not including ucraine in the list :( )

It seems your going to alot of ex ussr countries, learning russian could be helpful incase you wanna ask for routes and stuff.

yeah that's the plan

>maybe later i'll learn chinese
GL with that.
Anyway, i'd go through China if i were you. They have the Great Wall, cool cities and stuff, while Russian far east has killer mosquitoes and shitty roads with dying villages. I'd guess that Chinese know basic English and won't kill you if you try to communicate with signs

Only we and Kazakhstan speak it nowadays though

mmh, yeah that's a good point, I will consider this when i'll do an accurate project

>walking
>Siberia, Mongolia, Kazakhstan
you're going to die like a retard

there's a reason that everybody who does this, does so either by horseback or by vehicle

Also, that part of the world is extremely complicated for borders. It's not like your little Western European heaven where borders don't even stop Somali rapists from entering. If you don't have a Russian or Mongolian passport, then you probably won't even be able to enter Mongolia by land (or at least, it'll be a whole fucking lot more difficult).

And I somehow very much doubt you have much experience in dealing with 3rd world people. Will you know how to handle yourself in Kazakhstan when a group of turko-bydlo gypsies decide that you've pissed them off and thus want to stab you?

Yeah I hope to do this as well but with a mountain bike instead of walking.

in summary: just do the European part of your trip

Take a plane to Estonia and walk/hitchhike/bicycle back home. It's only a tiny segment of your original plan, and yet I'm willing to bet that even that tiny segment will be much longer and more arduous than you would have imagined. If you're able to do it without issues and still want to do more afterwards, then just wait a couple of years and only THEN do the whole thing from Eastern Russia.

>no finland

this guy knows what he's talking about.
this is not a travel that i could face right now at all, i have little experience about walking and basically zero knoweledge about how to deal with dangerous people who wants to kill me and rape my corpse.
That's why i will do a lot of exercise before, i have other travel planned, shorter and easier than this, to improve my skills. I will visit scandinavia and iceland to learn how to cope with extremely low temperatures and i will visit balcans and north africa to learn how to deal wih random thugs and criminals.

I will also prepare an accurate documentation to not risk to be shot in the head by a siberian policeman or to be stopped at the fronter between russia and mongolia.

Thank you leaf for the concern

I love finlan just i would not have time to visit scandinavia and eurasia in one roadtrip.

I promise i will visit finlan soon

>3 time zones
>1 country
>literally only 1 continuous road

Could make it 4 if you cheat.

>img_2337
is this a photo of you

>10 months walking
>russia is somehow 9 months winter
>even biggest part of your path is thru the russia
>walking
i hope when you will do it it will be your not fist voyage and you will do that as experienced traveler with big amount of practice

What this guy said, there's nothing really interesting in that part of Russia except Baikal, so i would probably visit Baikal then turn south.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Baikal

Also, Kazakhstan should be pretty safe, not sure about Mongolia. But walking all the way sounds pretty retarded 2bh.

No, I have no clue about that filename

Cool :)

thank you my ruski friend, it will not be my first voyage for sure, i hope i will be prepared enough to succeed

I have a question for you russians, are your countrymen hospitable? will I find in the country a nice babushka who will host me for one night or i'll have to camp or pay for an hostel everywhere?

mr wayne?

t. Marco Polo

Honestly i don't know, i would say it depends.

yeah yeah i know baical it seems to be a truly beautiful place on the earth, i will visit it for sure.

what do you mean with >walking all the way sounds pretty retarded?

while i was thinking about this i thought it's a real shame that i can't reach south korea by land, it would be very nice to end my travel in seoul

I mean walking for 10 months sounds extreme, the civilization in these areas can be very sparse, it will probably be pretty cold, you may just get horribly bored walking the steppes with no end in sight.

i've never traveled in such manner so i don't know
but i can recommend to use internet and communicate with local travelers/hitchhikers/bikers communities (most of them have vk groups)

when I go walking to force myself to walk a lot I don't take money or phone and I go as far from my home as possible so that I'm forced to make the way back

despair is a strong motivator

ah yes i get it
man idk, that's part of the fun i think, desu it sound pretty fascinating to me

Tre quarti di sto viaggio li passerai in mezzo alla steppa sconfinata, senza nessuno intorno a te che sappia inglese e in zone decisamente poco accessibili, se ti dovesse succedere qualcosa auguri venire a trovarti. Poi percorrere una simile distanza a piedi e' semplicemente impossibile, sia a livello fisico che mentale, piu che altro poer una questione di tempi. Sicuramente ci metteresti molto, ma molto di piu che un anno.

user, i tuoi propositi di viaggio sono lodevoli, ma ti invito a considerare qualcosa di piu vicino alle umane possibilita. Se dedichi lo stesso tempo che vuoi dedicare a questo viaggio ad esplorare l'Europa, o il Sud america ad esempio, ti diverti il doppio ed e' molto piu fattibile emeno pericolosa

Guardati quetso video, tratta di un esperienza simile alla tua. Sto tizio ha camminato un anno lungo tutta la cina

youtube.com/watch?v=5ky6vgQfU24

grazie fra lo avevo già visto il tipo ed è in effetti lui che mi ha ispirato questi propositi di viaggio.
Comunque secondo me non è così impossibile come dite, contando che non sarà il mio primo viaggio e che avrei una preparazione psicologica e fisica abbastanza alta al momento di affrontarlo
Grazie ano ma il mio proposito rimane (che ci fai in spagna?)

pretty savage my frog friend

>when young generation reminds you your past

GL once you get past Moscow

I hope u realize your dream, but i am prolly a bit older and more traveled than you and ill say that going to shit holes sucks

one thing is sure, whenever i'm doing it i will post everything online and probably on this board too so, stay tuned

Get vaccinated for tickborne Encephalitis.

yeah, someone already told me that, ticks seems to be everywhere in those fields

most likely you will give up at around Kazakhstan

In Poland?
Winter probably