production is godly

>inb4 "muh production"
Yea that's what music is, not some fucking lyrics

how is the production godly?

he was admitting that the celebrity lifestyle is fucked up basically

somehow i can't believe dozens of others haven't done that before him

it isn't patrician tho

>listening to brain dead lyrics
can you even repeat these cringy ass embarrassing lyrics outloud? You sound like a white faggot

black guy makes narcissism seem relatable while sampling all of the indie darlings

basically this is the closest hip hop has come to actually being considered "art"
he did spend 3 MILLION DOLLARS making it

Its not

why would you repeat them out loud in the first place? do you actually go around quoting song lyrics in your daily life?

It really is not, listen to more music.

you have some serious reading comprehension issues

yeah because i listen to good lyrics

Not patrician. It's just good. Some gems are both talented and popular. And that's OK.

"hey mom, feed me tomatoes and radiowires for dinner"

fucking hell

Its very rare for hip-hop to have such maximalist production.

kanyes sampling is incredible, no one else could pull off a king crimson sample that well, also generally in composition and arrangement of sounds the songs are both good to listen to and new and exciting within hip hop. His use of drums, autotuned vocals and minimalist vocal/orchestral parts are all incredibly well done.
runaway is a great example of his composition ability

Maybe, but no one as popular as kanye, and in such spectacular fashion. Thats why its important and loved by fans and critics alike. Thats really the main disconnect a lot of people have on this board with kanye. Like when Yeezus dropped everyone was saying that he copied death grips production but thats not the point. He's bringing the art to the mainstream. Thats what he's been doing his entire career. That first streak of albums -- The College Dropout, Late Registration, and Graduation were essentially the reason hip hop on the radio doesnt sound like 50 cent anymore.

Great arrangements, chord progressions and melodies, all of which are rare for hip hop.

It's impossible for something this popular to be patrician.

Top kek

absolutely correct
if we celebrate david bowies mainstream art pop / rock we should do the same for kanye. Not always done first (except maybe first album) but always done better and for a wider audience.

wow so you've never produced in your life I see.

post anything you've made that comes close and i'll retract my statement

>The College Dropout, Late Registration, and Graduation were essentially the reason hip hop on the radio doesnt sound like 50 cent anymore.

the first half of the 2000s were pretty cancerous especially in the mainstream. i'm glad kanye saved us.

well the whole production package is super good really. he's a mix/mastering god. he's very capable of creating a soundscape frequencywise that is just pleasing to the ears. his sampleusage is so good god damn. he has a natural talent for finding good samples and he makes them fit so smoothly into the tracks. his vocal production in particular is very cool on mbdtf. liten to all of the light with that in mind and you'll know what i mean. in general his tracks are kind of poppy in a sense that they are very listenable and accessible, which is often synonymous with a very clean mix, devoid of all the intricacies, but he manages to incorporate a lot of interesting intricacies while maintaining a clean and listenable enough sound for the mainstream. he's sort of the christopher nolan of music. he makes music by the rules of commercial music but without selling out or compromising what he does. there's art behind what he does and it's not just liveless commercial music designed to cater to the lowest common denominator.

>I like it
good for you

>why is it patrician?
it's not, it's basic pop rap

there's no such thing as patrician music you autists

patrician refers to listeners, specifically their open-mindedness, desire to explore and ability to comprehend a wide range of music

>basic normie rap
>patrician

It's the Pinkerton of hip-hop, only Pinkerton has better lyrics.

Wtf

I didn't know it was possible to write so much, but to say so little.

>kanyes sampling is incredible

Steely Dan disagrees.

that's not at all why he's so good.
production, that's what he's good at. not composition. he's not shit at is but that's not the high point of his music and not the reason its so good.